Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

I'd do that in a heartbeat, which means GWS would not
What do GWS need? A small forward and key defender? Not really there at 13, but definitely at 21 and 24.
If they take Callaghan or Andrew, they’re a chance of biting (unless maybe someone they rated really highly had slid).

So come on you lot how do we get Pick 13 from GWS?
We'd have to pay overs. It's a quality pick this year. Plenty to like between pick 7 and 20.

Not saying I'd do it but our future 1st for their future second would be all to tempting for them you'd think.
We'd then trade back into rd 1 next year with a future 1st.

Huge risk, but if a player we really want is there at 13 we would have to pay overs. Put yourself in GWS shoes.

4 picks under 24 in 2021, trade into the first rd next year and and it could be 3 under 30 in 2022

Last edited:
21 and 24 and an exchange of future seconds. They'll bank on us sucking. We'll bank on improving.

If somebody we really like is there at 13 it could set us up for the decade. I'd love the combination of Ward and Goater.

I'm saying all of that, I can see the positives in taking 3 selections inside 25 at this point in a rebuild.

We'd have to pay overs. It's a quality pick this year. Plenty to like between pick 7 and 20.

Not saying I'd do it but our future 1st for their future second would be all to tempting for them you'd think.
We'd then trade back into rd 1 next year with a future 1st.

Huge risk, but if a player we really want is there at 13 we would have to pay overs. Put yourself in GWS shoes.

4 picks under 24 in 2021, trade into the first rd next year and and it could be 3 under 30 in 2022
We start doing that and we end up constantly chasing our tail, overpaying to get a first each year. Even dees have coughed up massively each year to get a current first. And they’ve improved greatly both years.

Lions Pick 14 probably going to be off limits, but 18 for our future second might get a nibble.

Pick 24, Future 2nd and 65 for Lions 18, 41 and future 4th.

Would give us 5, 18, 21, 41, 56
18 for potentially 24 and 24. No thanks. Maybe 18 for 24 and a F3 given they need points next year for Ashcroft but only if someone we really want is there at 18.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not interested in trading our future first personally, looks a decent draft next year. Would love to get 13 somehow.
Take Ward at 5 and Sinn at 13. The dynamic theyd add to our midfield would be pretty exciting imo.

We'd have to be really keen on a specific player in order to do that.
I have seen some, but only one or two, mock drafts that have Hobbs or Ward falling to pick 11-13. If Hobbs, Ward or Erasmus have fallen down then it is probably worth it if the clubs are willing to give it up with them on the board. If not, the rest of the class is so relatively even that two shots is just going to be better than one. So, for all intents and purposes, we should be keeping at least one of the 2nds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine spending hours haggling out the details of a deal, and, only then, asking the player if he'll be part of it.

Do people think these scenarios through? "Deal was done" before we even consulted the player whose agreement was crucial?

Ooops, sorry, deal is off...I know what to do! Let's do exactly the same thing for a different player, work out all the details....and then ask him if he'll do it!!

What do GWS need? A small forward and key defender? Not really there at 13, but definitely at 21 and 24.
If they take Callaghan or Andrew, they’re a chance of biting (unless maybe someone they rated really highly had slid).

I could see them maybe eyeing off Mac Andrew if he is still there at 13… or if Gibcus slides with other teams not wanting a KPD

Alite mentioned the delayed gratification research project the other day. Was done with some kids. The premise being... I can give you one cupcake (or something now) and you can eat it now, but if you wait 30mins I'll give you a second cupcake. Impulse control and the ability to delay gratification were predictors of future success in life.
Same at the draft table... Richmond didn't get an extra cupcake this year. They said " we will eat ours next year" and everyone is jealous of their two firsts. If we take a slightly less tasty cupcake this year (will still be satisfying) then next year we get two cupcakes. It's not crazy. It's a divergent view and a possible strategy that could be used given we have a three draft plan
Marshmallows

Hawks: 21 and future 2nd, future 4th
GWS: 13, future 3, future 4th

If freo and wce want Erasmus, say wce offer 10, 29, and future 2nd for 5. We could go to freo and ask
Hawks: 5, freo future 3rd
Freo: 8, 19

Smythe on the draft board did a phantom with the most realistic pick trade I have seen floated about.

Hawks give 5, 21 and Future 1

For GWS 2, F1 and F2

Who says no?

Personally I would take it
No future first trades. Take Ward and a F1 into next year. Patience is a virtue my friend, Rome was not built in a day. Do unto others as would be done unto you. Some other old saying.

26 - :richmond: - JUDSON CLARKE (RICH GIVE HAWKS 28,29,30 FOR 26 AND 2022 2ND)
A small forward who tackles hard and pressures well but also kicks goals, they like Clarke and would want to pounce before Carl or Haw got him first, and they also score another early 2nd rounder in the bank for 2022
27 - :carlton: - JESSE MOTLOP
28 - :hawthorn: - TYLER SONSIE
29 - :hawthorn: - BLAKE HOWES
30 - :hawthorn: - NED LONG

Interesting pick trade here also in his phantom.

Interesting pick trade here also in his phantom.
If Sonsie is not only slipping past the first round, but Richmond are trading up past him AND not taking him then it's a great deal. Why they would want Judson Clark over Sonsie alludes me. I do rate the Howes and Long picks though. Long was on track to have a great year, would not complain if he was taken at 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back