Strategy 2021 Draft and Hypothetical pick trade proposals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol seriously can we just have a ban on posting things ol clickbait Kornes says…

none of it is interesting and it’s all designed to just stir people up.

Hodgey wants a new rule! Hodgey gets a new rule.

No more clickbait s**t from Cornes in here.

Also:
Can we also threadban Rendell quotes. The bloke is senile.
Done ✔️

When would Mitchell have seen the damage he can do?

Please don't quote me a final as evidence.

Stats wise at least, he's had a reasonably good season so that's fair. Still think I'd rather Billings for the difference his game brings to that of our current mids.

Doubt Parker leaves Sydney, either. They're building pretty nicely.

Stats wise…
Rd 14 2019
Rd 1 v Eagles 2018
Rd 9 & 17 2016
2015 he played well twice against Hawthorn
Rd 8 2014

Far from a Hawthorn bunny.

I have never liked Parker for the same reason I never liked Wingard before joining the Hawks but he fits the bill IMO.
I have considered Billings all season as the guy that would give us a boost but I recon Parker would give more on the leadership area guiding the next lot of guys.

Parker is a guy that is through and through Sydney but if they can’t pay him then the door is open to make that move. For what Parker would offer a 3 year deal on good coin wouldn’t be unreasonable with a trigger for a 4th.
With Sydney building a decent list it would be prudent for any club to drag out one of their top players. May as well be Hawthorn.

Looking at the best 22 I dangled there I obviously don’t have a couple of players in there that would be stiff to miss out but I recon that with a full compliment and a bit of a re shuffle that finals wouldn’t be out of the question.

Always our bunny…

You haven’t checked your stats there mate before shooting from the hip hey? ;)
Never mind… I’ll do it for you 🤘🏼
You forgot the hashtag.

HAWKS LIFT INTENSITY IN SCHULTZ PURSUIT

Elsewhere, Hawthorn is tipped to up the ante in its pursuit of Fremantle’s Lachie Schultz.

It was reported last week that the forward has entered extension talks with the Dockers amid growing interest from the Hawks, who first emerged as an interested party last month.

Now The West Australian reports that Hawthorn has tabled a three-year deal to Schultz as the tug-of-war with Fremantle continues.

The Hawks want Schultz. (Photo by Daniel Carson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

The Hawks want Schultz. (Photo by Daniel Carson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

The report claims the delisting of good friend and fellow Williamstown VFL product Brett Bewley could also play a key role in Schultz’s decision as he weighs up a return to Victoria.

Schultz would be able to be signed as a free agent by rival clubs if he does not agree to an extension with Fremantle as he was delisted at the end of last season and re-listed as a rookie.

He played just seven games in his first full AFL season with the Dockers but has since become an important cog in Justin Longmuir’s side.

Parker is a great footballer who is equally effective in the rotations or the forward half. My reservation is his age. He is about to turn 29. I would prefer to try to find the next Luke Parker.

If Edwards is as good a prospect as suggested, Eagles would be crazy to trade him given their list. Better off moving on McGovern, or even Barrass.

Eagles list is cooked and in need of a rebuild. You hold onto young key position talent when at this point.

Happy for anyone to trade for McGovern.

Wont happen though.

Always our bunny…

You haven’t checked your stats there mate before shooting from the hip hey? ;)
Never mind… I’ll do it for you 🤘🏼

He was right. Hawthorn are his worst win/loss ratio at 8-13 and he has his third lowest average output against us, only putting in worse performances against Collingwood and Richmond, with Geelong and Richmond being the only other clubs with a negative win/loss ratio.

#shootingfromthehipisthetarget

HAWKS LIFT INTENSITY IN SCHULTZ PURSUIT

Elsewhere, Hawthorn is tipped to up the ante in its pursuit of Fremantle’s Lachie Schultz.

It was reported last week that the forward has entered extension talks with the Dockers amid growing interest from the Hawks, who first emerged as an interested party last month.

Now The West Australian reports that Hawthorn has tabled a three-year deal to Schultz as the tug-of-war with Fremantle continues.

The Hawks want Schultz. (Photo by Daniel Carson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)

The Hawks want Schultz. (Photo by Daniel Carson/AFL Photos via Getty Images)Source: Getty Images

The report claims the delisting of good friend and fellow Williamstown VFL product Brett Bewley could also play a key role in Schultz’s decision as he weighs up a return to Victoria.

Schultz would be able to be signed as a free agent by rival clubs if he does not agree to an extension with Fremantle as he was delisted at the end of last season and re-listed as a rookie.

He played just seven games in his first full AFL season with the Dockers but has since become an important cog in Justin Longmuir’s side.
Bit rough around the edges but tough as nails. I compare him to Campbell Brown. Would be a good pick up for salary only.

These are healthy pro athletes with experts doing the surgeries. The age isn't a factor. It's not like we're comparing them to 60 year olds.....they're in their primes

Being on 700k have f**k all impact.......no idea why you've brought that up

so he's 29 turning 30......been injury free his whole career til now. Sounds like the perfect pick up for a contending team.

Can't see any good point you've raised

Comparing an injury and recovery timeline of Joe Public with a professional footballer who has teams of the best medicos and sports doctors looking after them every day is silly.
I beg to differ. We literally have teams of people creating and monitoring rehab programs for our players, such is the importance of their ‘fitness’.

I want to say this in the most polite way possible, but your wife’s injury and surgery is irrelevant to what Gunston has had done and his recovery from it.

It’s like when people rolled in here after Tom broke his leg and said “I broke my leg in the same spot when I was 24 and it still gives me trouble”. Unless all factors(weight, height, strength, environment, recovery parameters, etc) are the same, it’s a false equivalence.

I'd be interested to know how many 30+ year old elite sportsmen have had fruitful returns to their sport following 2 rounds of back surgery.

I'm not saying it's not possible, but I imagine the odds would be against.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stats wise…
Rd 14 2019
Rd 1 v Eagles 2018
Rd 9 & 17 2016
2015 he played well twice against Hawthorn
Rd 8 2014

Far from a Hawthorn bunny.

I have never liked Parker for the same reason I never liked Wingard before joining the Hawks but he fits the bill IMO.
I have considered Billings all season as the guy that would give us a boost but I recon Parker would give more on the leadership area guiding the next lot of guys.

Parker is a guy that is through and through Sydney but if they can’t pay him then the door is open to make that move. For what Parker would offer a 3 year deal on good coin wouldn’t be unreasonable with a trigger for a 4th.
With Sydney building a decent list it would be prudent for any club to drag out one of their top players. May as well be Hawthorn.

Looking at the best 22 I dangled there I obviously don’t have a couple of players in there that would be stiff to miss out but I recon that with a full compliment and a bit of a re shuffle that finals wouldn’t be out of the question.

Honestly, at the stage our club is at, I don't think we should be looking at 29 year old players even if they are unrestricted FAs. Let the $tains pay him the $700k+ he is asking for and try and leverage the situation by prying out some of their young talent that will miss out on a payday because of their dire salary cap position.

I said 'returns'. He's 30 in October
i'm just poking fun

I guess time will tell on his back, and we'll get a sense by what happens in trade time. He would need to do a medical at any prospective club, so the trade amount will give us an indication on what all parties think about his back

I do wonder if we were challenging for a flag in 2021 whether it would have all been handled very differently and he would have seen more games.

i'm just poking fun

I guess time will tell on his back, and we'll get a sense by what happens in trade time. He would need to do a medical at any prospective club, so the trade amount will give us an indication on what all parties think about his back

I do wonder if we were challenging for a flag in 2021 whether it would have all been handled very differently and he would have seen more games.

based on all the news coming out of the club and ITKs here it seems very unlikely we're going to be trading Jack regardless of his back

my read on that is that there isn't a concern on his back and we desperately want a leader in our forward line

i get the feeling that we believe if we can get his back right that both him and Punky can both well and truly be solid contributors to our next contending period in 2-3 years time

With the Diesel appointment, Carlton may be very interested in Tom.

re Cerra. North just need to get in to his managers head and say they are ready with a bucket load of cash to take him in the pre season draft which will keep the Dockers honest.

Cerra is worth a pick around 15 and nothing more. If teams want to give up a pick inside the top 10 then all the best with that.
Cerra is worth more than pick 15.

One of the best young mids in the comp. Miles away from his best footy too.

Id give our first for him. The odds wouldnt support our pick 7 to be a better player than him. Its possible, but he'd be a safe option.

Cerra is worth more than pick 15.

One of the best young mids in the comp. Miles away from his best footy too.

Id give our first for him. The odds wouldnt support our pick 7 to be a better player than him. Its possible, but he'd be a safe option.
Agree!

2021 All Australian under 22 first choice midfielder can't go wrong with giving up pick 7 and he is only 21 years old.

Perfect recruit and addition for our rebuild.

Simple!! 👍

Given he's contracted, that's the number 1 POV. If Gunston does request a trade, then the compo Demons are willing to offer tells us how bad his back is
What I meant is that Jack may have told the club that he's not interested in a trade so it doesn't matter what the club thinks or does

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back