Prediction 2021 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Not a blockbuster in a football sense but Friday night's game between Dogs and Pies will get a lot of extra eyeballs due to the Treloar factor.

Hoping our return to finals in 2020 will mean we can get some of that Friday night action next year.

Also not a single exiting game in the first round? No big block buster in my opinion

Geez our back of house staff are killing it. According to the Hun we must have overturned Crouch's suspension.

20201219_231604.jpg

Well, either that or the Hun has dished up a factually incorrect nothing powder puff article. Nah... can't be that... surely...

What a weird game to start with!!!! I know someone has to play them each week, I also bet they will be better next year, 2020 will have hurt there pride.... But really, GWS????

Personally I'm hoping for us to take Bytel into the game, with an eye to Crouch replacing him in Round 3. That way we keep our team structure, and pump games into a future Bull...

Great first up challenge.
Genuine finals contender- some one to use as a benchmark for our intent for the season.
A first up win could build belief early.
Love it.

Good match-up first up. We will need to play well to beat the Giants in Sydney. Cant let the same thing that happened this year happen again so the pressure will be on.

And Sunday 3:20pm means the game will be on FTA which is great for the club with sponsors - it might not be the prime time slot but it is much better than what we have had in previous years.
Agreed - being on FTA is great for exposure. That's a positive way to look at it. Pretty happy with the opponent first up - I reckon we match up well against the Giants - be an interesting challenge for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yikes those double ups are crazy - pretty decent draw though.

Two games at the MCG - back to back in 15 and 16
Six interstate games plus Geelong
One interstate game between rounds 7 and 16 v Gold Coast
FINALLY play Port in melbourne
Only ONE trip to Perth and only ONE trip to Adelaide!

The good thing about our double ups is we get to play all five of those strong sides at Marvel which is going to be an advantage to us.

Overall it's tough but I expected it to be. Looking forward to seeing how we go.

Also love the first six opponents - GWS, Melbourne, Essendon, West Coast, Richmond, Port Adelaide. Some tough matches in that lot but that means we get them out the way early.

"Four games in a row early at Marvel Stadium, three matches on free-to-air (and simulcast on Fox Footy) and two in prime-time is a brilliant way to open our campaign," Chief Operating Officer Simon Lethlean said.

"The challenge has well and truly been presented to us in 2021, but it's one we need to embrace if we want to be a serious contender.

"Finishing fifth in 2020 rightly gives us a tougher draw than in recent years, and that's incredibly exciting for many Saints fans who haven't had the chance to attend and see us play live for well over a year.

"We have a bit of travel later on in the season, but we proved last year our ability to play on the road and take it up to the best.

"We look forward to attacking the challenges that the fixture always presents and hope to again put smiles on the faces of the loyal Saints faithful throughout the 2021 season."

Isn't that the price you pay for a successful 2020?
True. But they way they work it out if you finish top 6 is 2-3 from the top bracket, 1-2 from the middle and 1 from the bottom one.

West Coast being our only double up from the middle bracket when they finished above us on the home and away ladder is exceptionally brutal.

Expected it to be harder but the double ups are the hardest possible their formula would allow.

True. But they way they work it out if you finish top 6 is 2-3 from the top bracket, 1-2 from the middle and 1 from the bottom one.

West Coast being our only double up from the middle bracket when they finished above us on the home and away ladder is exceptionally brutal.

Expected it to be harder but the double ups are the hardest possible their formula would allow.
I'm just going to savour the 2021 flag even more if we win it with this fixture lol

Yep it is a particularly difficult fixture for us. The double ups are brutal, seven interstate trips + a trip down the highway which is as tough as an interstate trip. It's not to say we can't have a good season, but we're going to need to improve again. 12 games at Marvel compared to 15 that were scheduled last year.

we have a home game in cairns ?!
Ah I missed that - two interstate between 7 and 16 is still pretty good though - and I guess that's seven interstate overall - freo the only interstate side we don't play away from melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back