Position 2021 Forwards

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here as you .....but given there were no clear scoring patterns with the remaining FWDS .....I opted to stay thin iin the fwds and try and compensate for loss of points in the midfield

F5 and F6 will be my last filled .......thinking Danger, Heeney, or Butters
I can't grab my optimal mids , Merrett, Walsh till round 14 because I'm struggling with the round 13 bye so may have to pad the forwards with a Heeney type as a F6 first. Will need to show a form turnaround first.

Really struggling with the forwards. Makes me want to upgrade mids first, but at the expense of Powell? :(

There is no easy answer, I think Powell is going well enough that you just need to take the punt on a forward.

McKay, Hind, Hawkins, Cameron, Greene, McDonald, Hall, Ziebell (if not already there) Marshall, Heeney, Dale all require varying leaps of faith.

1 of Dangerfield and Butters can be waited on, your team would need to be going fantastically well to wait on both.

There is no easy answer, I think Powell is going well enough that you just need to take the punt on a forward.

McKay, Hind, Hawkins, Cameron, Greene, McDonald, Hall, Ziebell (if not already there) Marshall, Heeney, Dale all require varying leaps of faith.

1 of Dangerfield and Butters can be waited on, your team would need to be going fantastically well to wait on both.
Yep. Plan is Kosi, Rowe > Steele, Hall next week. Just hard to know who to pick up forward now. Hall is as good as any!

Really struggling with the forwards. Makes me want to upgrade mids first, but at the expense of Powell? :(
Lower your expectations. In the last few years we've been spoilt with FWD options (MID guns irl that have FWD eligibility in SC), this year injuries have killed us. 90-95 average is perfectly fine for a FWD premo this year.

Hind and Greene I really like.

fwiw for those looking at Heeney

I just looked at the stats, he's only had 2 CBA's for the year, 1 in round 2 and 1 in round 3

So he's playing as a pure forward/half forward

Just don't expect mid time. He needs goals and assists to score well, so probably needs the Swans to be winning

I'm still eyeing him off as a cheap option, as the Swans upcoming run looks alright

Dear SC Gods,

I'd like to order a SC Forward Premo - unlimited budget.

One who routinely scores well and doesn't have a frightening history of injury or form slumps.

Yours With Everlasting Respect & Gratitude,
Rayzorwire

EquatorialDrearyGavial-size_restricted.gif

fwiw for those looking at Heeney

I just looked at the stats, he's only had 2 CBA's for the year, 1 in round 2 and 1 in round 3

So he's playing as a pure forward/half forward

Just don't expect mid time. He needs goals and assists to score well, so probably needs the Swans to be winning

I'm still eyeing him off as a cheap option, as the Swans upcoming run looks alright

Steve, Heeney averaged 94 last season ......with a total of 4 CBA's for the season

He starts forward, and drifts into the midfield .....FWIW looking at last weeks scores, some of the bigger scoring Mids, also had significant reductions in their CBA's .....seems not a strong correlation between the CBA and scores

1620907155378.png

Dear SC Gods,

One who routinely scores well and doesn't have a frightening history of injury or form slumps.

Rayzorwire
Dear Rayzorwire,

NO

SC Gods

Dear SC Gods,

Rayzorwire

EquatorialDrearyGavial-size_restricted.gif
ECF39C81-CA8E-481C-BB42-ACABEC45E5EF.jpeg

I'm sure I will live to regret this, but IN Aaron Hall.

If I trade out Campbell (and keep Warner for now) then it's either him or Cameron and I feel like the forward line is fertile ground for taking a bit of a risk - so que sera sera.

Playing defence for North is a points bonanza and there is unlikely to be much accountability. With a B/E of 30, even if he breaks down in a couple of weeks he should be worth enough to trade to a more established premo at his bye.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tend towards holding unless you have lots of trades left. Depends whether you can cover him in MID or FWD too with a half decent rookie
if i hold ill be playing poulter on field - 19 trades left. It's tempting to get him up to a lyons/walsh though or even a titch or hall at that value

if i hold ill be playing poulter on field - 19 trades left. It's tempting to get him up to a lyons/walsh though or even a titch or hall at that value
I'm also undecided but have 21 trades and don't trust clubs to provide accurate info on how long they are out for. 90% leaning towards upgrade to Lyons today.

I'm also undecided but have 21 trades and don't trust clubs to provide accurate info on how long they are out for. 90% leaning towards upgrade to Lyons today.
i might do the same, especially with a hand fracture, just look at how heeney's struggled returning quickly from one

If you enjoy teeth grinding, Jesse "Santa Suit" Hogan 311k fwd is on the bubble this week. Scores of 92 & 89 from his 2 games will have a b/e around 10

Doesnt look fit though that worries me. Injury risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back