No Oppo Supporters 2021 General AFL Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is actually a great player. Top 10 in the league easy. Imagine for a second that he was a clean player. He would be lauded as a great player.
No one sees him as a great player. Great players do'nt lift their studs into other players. He has done knees into players. Elbows into players. His past is littered with indiscretions and not minor ones. He breaks new ground. Some of his highlights no one has every done before.
The AFL will brush this under the carpet and allow him to play in the grand Final should he reach it.
A proper sanction would be to ban him for 8 weeks and send a strong message to the wider AFL community and in particular, junior ranks that contact with an umpire is not on.
Should be: 8 weeks
AFL: 2 weeks so he can play in the Grand Final and justify the AFL expansion. Weak as piss Gil.
People say they booed Goodes because he was a sniper. Then why the hell are we not hearing it for Greene when he goes near the ball?

It was a pub in Caulfield
Should have got 8
AFLs priority is always image. Less weeks = less negative media. Next year when some clown touches an umpire it only 3 weeks. Next year when 15 year old kids both female and male get abused and touched....its accepted as normal. Good on you AFL. You are tough on indiscretions that affect your sport at the grass roots. Gil is a hero.

AFLs priority is always image. Less weeks = less negative media. Next year when some clown touches an umpire it only 3 weeks. Next year when 15 year old kids both female and male get abused and touched....its accepted as normal. Good on you AFL. You are tough on indiscretions that affect your sport at the grass roots. Gil is a hero.
They must appeal

They must appeal
Said it on the Toby Greene thread. In a lot of leagues there’s no mucking around. Red card & he’s off. Then off to the tribunal. The AFL should consider a red card for this type of thing. The umpire knows if he’s been touched or not in an aggressive manner. There’s no way we should allow this to happen one bit. And imo 3 weeks is a fu….en joke.

Said it on the Toby Greene thread. In a lot of leagues there’s no mucking around. Red card & he’s off. Then off to the tribunal. The AFL should consider a red card for this type of thing. The umpire knows if he’s been touched or not in an aggressive manner. There’s no way we should allow this to happen one bit. And imo 3 weeks is a fu….en joke.

Is Aussie Rules the only team sport where it's not possible for an umpire to eject a player?

I find that very hard to believe.

Is Aussie Rules the only team sport where it's not possible for an umpire to eject a player?

I find that very hard to believe.
Happens all the time in lots of Aussie rules leagues. The yellow/red card system has been around for a while now. It’s just in the higher up Leagues it’s not in existence for whatever reason. Like I say it’s always pretty cut & dried imo if you’ve touched an umpire. I’ll bet anything if that system is in place you rarely see an umpire touched at all again.

Happens all the time in lots of Aussie rules leagues. The yellow/red card system has been around for a while now. It’s just in the higher up Leagues it’s not in existence for whatever reason. Like I say it’s always pretty cut & dried imo if you’ve touched an umpire. I’ll bet anything if that system is in place you rarely see an umpire touched at all again.
Yes it does and i'm glad you said Aussie Rules that's our game not AFL . There was a lad in our comp this year who got 8 weeks and sent off . This umpire was 90% at fault as there was already an ump in control , he ran in agressive manner , the played hardly touched him at all. I've seen the vision and nothing in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes it does and i'm glad you said Aussie Rules that's our game not AFL . There was a lad in our comp this year who got 8 weeks and sent off . This umpire was 90% at fault as there was already an ump in control , he ran in agressive manner , the played hardly touched him at all. I've seen the vision and nothing in it.
Did he hit the umpire?

No , not at all ,he was trying to show the ump what happened after a sling to a team mate .
Why did he get 8 weeks then? I’m not being a smart ass I’m just a bit confused now because surely the club would have had corroborating evidence at the tribunal from the opposition & other umpire if that was the case.

Why did he get 8 weeks then? I’m not being a smart ass I’m just a bit confused now because surely the club would have had corroborating evidence at the tribunal from the opposition & other umpire if that was the case.
It's mind boggling to say the least . He's a hot head , but shouldn't have got that , maybe 2 at the most .

It's mind boggling to say the least . He's a hot head , but shouldn't have got that , maybe 2 at the most .
If as you say he should have got 2 at most it sounds like a red card was warranted. To me a red card is for incidents that would eventually result in suspension. But I wasn’t there so I could be wrong.

If as you say he should have got 2 at most it sounds like a red card was warranted. To me a red card is for incidents that would eventually result in suspension. But I wasn’t there so I could be wrong.
It was nothing , if that ump didn't run in like a dickhead nothing would have happened . Stevic handled it well , as Greene went straight at him !

Also it was a bonus to my club as he would've been out against us and he's good player . What i'm saying is with the send off mistakes can be made.

Also it was a bonus to my club as he would've been out against us and he's good player . What i'm saying is with the send off mistakes can be made.
It’s a way better system than whats in place in the AFL atm imo. I still struggle with an 8 week suspension for a player cause as you say he didn’t do anything, opposition players & other umpires should have corroborated his evidence. But all good. You were there & I wasn’t. Cheers 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back