AFL Grand Final 2021 Grand Final - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs - Sat, Sept 25 - 5:15pm AWST / 7:15pm AEST

Who you want to win the flag?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2013 was just relief.

2015 was pure expectation. Never thought we'd lose it. Game was over before half time.

2016 was pure euphoria for the team involved but also incredible knowing my long suffering Dogs supporting Dad as seeing his teams first premiership. Was a very special moment of footy bliss.

2013 was just relief.

2015 was pure expectation. Never thought we'd lose it. Game was over before half time.

2016 was pure euphoria for the team involved but also incredible knowing my long suffering Dogs supporting Dad as seeing his teams first premiership. Was a very special moment of footy bliss.

I can see where you are coming from. 2013 was pure relief for me too, and we didn't get much chance to revel in it before the Budwah news broke. IMO that put a huge dampener on things. It we also a pretty average game to be fair.

2014 was the GOAT for so many reasons.

2015 felt like destiny, halfway through the first I thought we had it, and when Hodgey pulled that goal out of his arse it was a done deal. After that it was all about soaking it in.

I was lucky enough to have been there for all three games. But in 2016 I was with a group of a dozen mates, having a classic GF day BBQ with drinking games, etc. The atmosphere was absolutely electric as we were all behind the doggies that day. I enjoyed that one like it was one of our own.

If the Demons win I really feel for Nathan Jones not getting to be a part of it. He was a bloody warrior for them when they were painfully bad and he had to have had better offers come through to go to teams that weren't getting pantsed every week. Not sure there's a player on their list that deserves the accolade more.
Agree, I emphasize with players that stick out with their club through prolonged bad patches.

It would have been nice if Jones got to finish his career with a GF win like Crawf.

2013 was just relief.

It wasnt real
AFL/umpires changed the interpretation of the rules to allow it to hapen

Melbourne seem to be blowing a few trumpets already and the Doggies are laying low...

I know where my money would be if I was a betting man.
I actually really like what they are doing . Not shying away from being in a GF , the 'draught' or the pressure of it all.
Seems to work well with there group .

Obviously if they lose it gets criticised , win and its a masterstroke .

How anxious are BigFooty people? 98 pages in and there's still a week to go :)

Haha, actually the opposite. The thread started a month ago and the average post per week has dropped in the last week c/w the previous 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Not in the slightest interest in this, now that the bulldogs are in it. If they win, it won't count, if they lose it'll just be relief.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 weeks is such a long time between games. For me, all the energy from the prelims has gone and it pretty much feels like the off-season already. Despite knowing there is still one game to play.
Last year grand final 'day' was a drag just waiting around for the evening start, but this year we're waiting around two weeks! I agree it has really ruined the atmosphere.

2 weeks is such a long time between games. For me, all the energy from the prelims has gone and it pretty much feels like the off-season already. Despite knowing there is still one game to play.
It IS the off season.

Ned Kellys Australian Bar in Munich. 200 Aussies. 4 people in Swans jumpers and 196 people cheering on the Dogs. Game stated at 5:30am. Pint of Weihenstephan Hefe Weissbier and a bowl of wedges for breakfast.
Stressed through the preliminary final the week before back home knowing the motivation levels to get up that early for a Swans/Giants Grand Final may not be high enough.
Was the first time I had ever been overseas and this was 4 days into the trip.
Drunkest i'd ever been. Don't remember the walk back to the hostel but remember waking up at 4pm wondering if i'd watched the Dogs win the flag or if it had been a dream.

This is part of the reason why I rate my enjoyment levels for the 2016 flag over the 2013 and 2015 ones. Sometimes the places were you were can make a moment a million times better.
The best Grand Final for me, and I've been to 6 (91,08,12,13,14,15), was easily 08.

The thrill of breaking a massive drought (seemingly huge in hawks years), plus being the underdog where every neutral I knew was going for them, it was just pure euphoria and emotion. Celebrating afterwards just hugging strangers in and outside the ground, a partying for the next 36 hours was the best.

I didn't go in 16, but watched with a few doggies supporting mates, and it was the closest thing to 08 in that the entire game, particularly the last quarter was just a massive celebration. Loved every second of it. So I know what you mean.

The best Grand Final for me, and I've been to 6 (91,08,12,13,14,15), was easily 08.

The thrill of breaking a massive drought (seemingly huge in hawks years), plus being the underdog where every neutral I knew was going for them, it was just pure euphoria and emotion. Celebrating afterwards just hugging strangers in and outside the ground, a partying for the next 36 hours was the best.

I didn't go in 16, but watched with a few doggies supporting mates, and it was the closest thing to 08 in that the entire game, particularly the last quarter was just a massive celebration. Loved every second of it. So I know what you mean.

I agree as it's how 08 felt to me. Not just that it was against Geelong, but that we got it done on the biggest stage of all against an absolute juggernaut of a side that had one of the 2 best seasons in the history of football.

Shocking bye. Halted a season that had built perfectly for the GF.

Hopefully a great game makes up for it.

Seriously, who gives a rats about either of these clubs. I wish we could fast forward to trade period and the drafts.

No apologies, someone had to say it.

Probably the best neutral fan match up since 2016. Or Hawthorn vs Buddy in 2014 at a stretch.

Two teams with a long history of really battling. Both play an entertaining brand of footy. Genuine 50/50 contest.

Can't wait for it.

Back