List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want a laugh, inside trader news face on FB reporting Darcy is gone. Geelong board running with it haha.
don’t think they’d wanna pay what we’d ask
Off limits anyways

Think Narkle & Clark would be good gets at the right price.

Clark could be handy winger

I’d also look at getting Ben miller from Richmond

Then go to draft for key forward.

All depends on what happens with cerra on how many picks we have

Geelong are weird though…they finally get Narkle fit and playing like an A grade midfielder and then leave Dalhaus on the side and dump Narkle
A grade? That 25 touch game he just had is third time he's managed it in his career and only the second this year. He is averaging 19 touches this season.

Think Narkle & Clark would be good gets at the right price.

Clark could be handy winger

I’d also look at getting Ben miller from Richmond

Then go to draft for key forward.

All depends on what happens with cerra on how many picks we have
If the right price was future third/fourth rounders then they'd be good gets... it's a no from me tbh.

The ultimate goal is winning a premiership and tbh I just can't envision any of these players playing in a premiership.

If you've watched Horne play you'll believe that he will be the next Walsh in terms of ability and output. None of the WA boys in the draft come close to Horne. The WA kids are not mids (minus Johnson) and will not replace Cerra in the mid. Considering Mundy will retire and Fyfe is getting older, wouldn't it make sense to replace Cerra with another gun mid?

IF the kids wants a trade, wouldn't the Dockers prefer a ready made replacement considering where their list is placed?

Just a potential trade I wanna float here. Would we all be happy with this

Fremantle Give - Cerra and 2nd Rounder
Richmond Give - CCJ and 2 x Back End Firsts

IF the kids wants a trade, wouldn't the Dockers prefer a ready made replacement considering where their list is placed?

I think it's an interesting question. Walters is already on the decline and Fyfe will be heading the same way in the next couple of years. I think the vision a few years ago was to have these young guns supporting Fyfe and Walters when they were still near their peak so we could have a genuine crack. So in that respect the answer to the question is yes.
But on the other hand, some people are so burnt by trades they never want to do one again, especially a high end one. Plus it can be argued we are stagnating not tracking upward, there's really been no great improvement in 2021 over 2020 or 2019, and by the time this list is ready Walters (definitely) and Fyfe (possibly) will be below their peak powers. So in those circumstances, picks and a slow build through the draft may be preferred to player/s.
It really depends internally whether they truly believe we can challenge for a flag in the next two years when we'll still be seeing peak Fyfe.

I think it's an interesting question. Walters is already on the decline and Fyfe will be heading the same way in the next couple of years. I think the vision a few years ago was to have these young guns supporting Fyfe and Walters when they were still near their peak so we could have a genuine crack. So in that respect the answer to the question is yes.
But on the other hand, some people are so burnt by trades they never want to do one again, especially a high end one. Plus it can be argued we are stagnating not tracking upward, there's really been no great improvement in 2021 over 2020 or 2019, and by the time this list is ready Walters (definitely) and Fyfe (possibly) will be below their peak powers. So in those circumstances, picks and a slow build through the draft may be preferred to player/s.
It really depends internally whether they truly believe we can challenge for a flag in the next two years when we'll still be seeing peak Fyfe.

I reckon your side is as honest as any in the AFL, and I am a big wrap for your coach, but there is a sense that the Freo list is "stretched", so I agree that losing a kid rising 22 & emerging after significant development is a considerable setback if he isn't replaced with a like for like. There's going to be a hole emerging if he is traded for a top 10 draft pick, which was largely exacerbated by the 2018 trade & draft. It highlights how important a single year can be in a list rebuild.

Last edited:
I reckon your side is as honest as any in the AFL, and I am a big wrap for your coach, but there is a sense that the Freo list is "stretched", so I agree that losing a kid rising 22 & emerging after significant development is a considerable setback if he can't replaced with a like for like. There's going to be a hole emerging if he is traded for a top 10 draft pick, which was largely exacerbated by the 2018 trade & draft. It highlights how important a single year can be in a list rebuild.
This is why I wanted Horne but it's a pipe dream

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is why I wanted Horne but it's a pipe dream

I have been watching footy for 40 years and that kid is special. I'd have to go back to John Longmire's debut (1988) to find a junior with that level of development. Who ever lands him is going to get a sure thing as far as a good AFL player goes, and his ceiling is anything.

Freo are too competitive to be in the running and I couldn't see any reasonable possible trade enticing a club to give up pick 1 this year.

I have been watching footy for 40 years and that kid is special. I'd have to go back to John Longmire's debut (1988) to find a junior with that level of development. Who ever lands him is going to get a sure thing as far as a good AFL player goes, and his ceiling is anything.

Freo are too competitive to be in the running and I couldn't see any reasonable possible trade enticing a club to give up pick 1 this year.
I think the only way a team trade a pick #1 ever again is to secure more than one gun player from a side at once. Where usually it's just the one player, they would miss out on the second without the trade - otherwise I don't think we will see a #1 move ever again.

Maybe if a club publicly says they will get a deal done for a contracted star player and they hold pick #1.

Damn straight I get Dangerfield vibes from him. Btw I love what Noble is doing and I think your team are going to rise next year.

I think the only way a team trade a pick #1 ever again is to secure more than one gun player from a side at once. Where usually it's just the one player, they would miss out on the second without the trade - otherwise I don't think we will see a #1 move ever again.

Maybe if a club publicly says they will get a deal done for a contracted star player and they hold pick #1.

I can see it for sides in a window that inherit the pick from a club that falls over.

Take GWS, for example, with pick 3 (currently). They could be very interested if Kelly leaves & Ward retires.

Damn straight I get Dangerfield vibes from him.

I would compare him to Voss.

Btw I love what Noble is doing and I think your team are going to rise next year.

Cheers, although it's not that difficult from 18th. :D

I can see it for sides in a window that inherit the pick from a club that falls over.

Take GWS, for example, with pick 3 (currently). They could be very interested if Kelly leaves & Ward retires.
That's a good point. GWS could offer #3, #9, #10 to North for pick #1 and that's rebuild boost material.

So, something like Croad and MacPharlin?

AFL players usually take 4 years as an apprentice.

Getting a player at the end of the apprentice comes cheap and all the development has been done by the previous club.

In regards to Clark is still contacted and the Cats won't let him go for cheap.

Sam Edmund is reporting that Ugle Hagan wants out of the Bulldogs!
Jeez that would be a story if he is traded out as the number one pick a year later..
Apparently he’s pissed off at the way he’s been treated

Sam Edmund is reporting that Ugle Hagan wants out of the Bulldogs!
Jeez that would be a story if he is traded out as the number one pick a year later..
Apparently he’s pissed off at the way he’s been treated
I worked with his uncle, seems a good kid he just wants to play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back