List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cerra is an interesting definitely don’t want to lose him but should net 2 top 25 picks for him.

Lobb is important to the list as freo don’t have many talls. But a club would have to pay way overs for him. So if you got top 15 pick plus something later with points for Motlop.

if freo lose Cerra and Lobb but get 3 picks in top 20-25 say? Would people be happy for that.
Only people that want to wait another 3-4 years for those picks to develop.

Carlton’s Sam Petrevski-Seton has a big decision to make as he weighs up interest from Fremantle.

The No.6 draft pick is out of contract at season’s end and will consider his future midfield prospects with the Blues against the opportunity to make a fresh start for the Dockers in 2022.

It means Petrevski-Seton, 23, could be involved in a swap for Fremantle midfielder Adam Cerra if he departs the Dockers to return home to Victoria.

The Blues held a scheduled list management meeting late this week with Cerra and out-of-contract Bulldog Patrick Lipinski was believed to have been part of the discussions.

But there remain some recruiters who are unconvinced Petrevski-Seton can elevate his game at the top level. He has been thrown around in the Blues’ senior team this season and was dumped to the VFL from rounds 9-14.

Back in the senior side over the past month, Petrevski-Seton has played 55 per cent forward and 45 per cent in the midfield after spending 72 per cent game time in defence in the first two months of the season, according to Champion Data.

In the past four rounds he has averaged 15 disposals and two clearances a game.

While the season may have dented his confidence, the Blues were hoping he would perform solidly in his fifth season in the AFL this year, as he prepares for his 93rd career game against North Melbourne on Saturday.

Good judges suggest his best position is in the midfield but it is unclear whether Carlton coach David Teague agrees.

Cerra has had an attractive deal on the table from Fremantle for the bulk of the season but has held off signing as he considers a move to Carlton or Richmond.

Hawthorn could also enter the frame but in any case Fremantle will demand a top-four pick for Cerra if he wants to return home.

As steak knives for a first rounder: Sure. That would allow us the speed we desire and 2 first rounders to both pick another mid replacement/medium forward and a crack at one of the WA KPFs (or just take 2 and try to sure up that much neglected end of the groud).

As a downgrade from a first to a second/third and SPS: Pass.

Is it just me, or does SPS seem like he should be way older than 23? Feels like he has been around for ages.

Wouldn't be against it, but only as steak knives if Cerra leaves. Pick 6 + SPS. And nothing else going back to Carlton except maybe late junk picks.

Is it just me, or does SPS seem like he should be way older than 23? Feels like he has been around for ages.

Wouldn't be against it, but only as steak knives if Cerra leaves. Pick 6 + SPS. And nothing else going back to Carlton except maybe late junk picks.

Agree could be handy outside run

We tried to trade Blakely as a salary dump last year and no one wanted him. Nothing has changed in 12 months.

If we want Brander we'll have to part with a pick.

Maybe but WC does need midfielders, more than anything else….

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

SPS reminds me of Gaff (style) without the engine hence why he only gets 15 disposals to Gaff's 30. Those short kicks to retain possession.

He's a pretty decent kick to forwards. Doesn't get enough to damage though. Needs to find a way of getting 25+ with a good portion forward of centre. You'd take a punt for a late pick but don't expect him to come off. Feel like if he was going to, he would have already at 93 games.

Would SPS be better than Colyer?

I'd say similar current ability for their positions but SPS has youth on his side still. Colyer has peaked you'd think (SPS may have too, who knows).

Just to be clear though, SPS isn't a pressure forward in any sense.

I'd expect to pick Sam up in the preseason draft, so his trade value should reflect that
When asked after the draft who'd win the rising star, Powell-Pepper said SPS.

He's 23 and might offer something. I doubt he'd get to us in the preseason draft.

SPS is better than Colyer.
colyers disposal and section making are suspect and he would be an improvement. Also younger.
Future Third round pick at best though for SPS.

Carrying on from the young talent thread, I think it really makes a potential Clark trade more enticing where best case scenario we can turn our 2nd pick into Clark AND Motlop. It’s looking like if we wanted two picks before Motlop as it stands it will be increasingly difficult unless we downgrade our first.

If Lobb and Cerra stay then great. If Lobb and Cerra depart we lose our 5th best midfielder and 3rd best forward for potentially 4 x top 25 picks while also freeing up $1.4M in the cap.
And then stay in the doldrums for another 4 years while we wait for the 4 top 25 picks to show anything. We cant keep being a nursery for draft picks but by the same token we cant keep picking up others teams C graders just because they are from Perth. If we are going to bring trades in they need to be talented but undervalued by their clubs, i.e. players like Nick Hind, Jarryd Lyons sort of scenarios.

I'd back us in to improve him after seeing what we've been able to do with Aish, Acres, Colyer. He'd want to come cheaply though all the same.
SPS average a mediocre 15 disposals a game after being in the system for a number of years with a team equally as poor as we have been in the last few years. There is no spot in defense if we want Young and Chapman there and no spot in the midfield ahead of Fyfe, Serong, Brayshaw, etc so he could go into the graveyard forward line and average even less than 15. Our solution is not adding even more spuds to the list when we already have so many.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back