List Mgmt. 2021 List Management: Draft, Trade, Free Agency and Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the game on the weekend I really hope Cerra stays. He is one of few players on the team who consistently make good decisions and can kick the football. Walters and Mundy are the others on our list that have elite skills by foot. You want more of that not less. Some posters are getting overly excited over players that we hope might be as good as Cerra one day.

I’d be going to north saying, have Cerra and Lobb for there first pick done.
They get a top five mid and a forward ruck to help out Goldie.

If we draft more than one player under 180cm (Motlop is that one) then I am cancelling my membership.

We're getting no where with half a team of short people.

Our club is literally the definition of stupidity. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
Totally agree
And the worst thing is we have a stack of short people but none of them know how to crumb

Who would you choose, Logan McDonald or Luke Jackson if we could lure one back right now?

Jackson and drive Lobb to the airport

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I’d be going to north saying, have Cerra and Lobb for there first pick done.
They get a top five mid and a forward ruck to help out Goldie.
We would need to have more than their first pick, it might not even be the first pick in the draft if Hawks keep stumbling.

I'm nervous about this talk with SSP. If Cerra leaves, a trade involving SPS must be separate.

I'm now hoping Cerra stays. I'm not fussed on Lobb, he's injury prone, soft and only stands up a handful of times. If we're playing him more as a permanent forward - we may as well move him on.

Pick 19 would be nice from Gold Coast. The pick after the first round is good leverage, and there are normally juicy sliders available. We can trade our second for Clark, with a third or fourth rounder coming back so we have points for Motlop.

If we turnover 6-7 players -
- trade for Clark if the price is right;
- use our first on a KPF;
- pick 19 on the best medium sized forward or mid available;
- Motlop; and
- Forward ruck with one of our late, rookie picks.

The timeline for success is very out.

While Mundy is playing great football, not sure he will be on the list for another 3 seasons.

Walters has lost a step and not the same player he once was. Not sure he is on the list in 3 season.

Fyfe best football is behind him.

If Cerra goes, we will draft another kid who will take 4 years to develop.

Serong, Young, and Henry are 2-3 years off their best football.

Chapman, Walker and Treacy are 3-4 years off their best football.

Taberner, Cox, Pearce, Hamling, Sturt, Swikowski, and Valente has missed a lot of games.

Our F and C team don’t give me any confidence that they can get these players on the park for any long stretches.

The timeline for success is very out.

While Mundy is playing great football, not sure he will be on the list for another 3 seasons.

Walters has lost a step and not the same player he once was. Not sure he is on the list in 3 season.

Fyfe best football is behind him.

If Cerra goes, we will draft another kid who will take 4 years to develop.

Serong, Young, and Henry are 2-3 years off their best football.

Chapman, Walker and Treacy are 3-4 years off their best football.

Taberner, Cox, Pearce, Hamling, Sturt, Swikowski, and Valente has missed a lot of games.

Our F and C team don’t give me any confidence that they can get these players on the park for any long stretches.
The money figure for Cerra suggests he is leadership material. You don’t offer that sort of coin unless they are valued.
Genuine question who should be Captain next?
Mundy just needs to play, for me it’s Cerra or Serong after Fyfe.
I like Brayshaw, but just seems too nice?
Serong on SportFM speaks very well.
Forward/mids is a major worry now, Motlop almost becomes priceless to the team, our small forwards don’t score and are poor in the air.
Forget about the window, Bulldogs are building a dynasty team.
Norton, JUH, Darcy, Weightman, bringing in Bruce was also smart.
We know first hand from the Hawks that you won’t defensively stop that sort of spread of goal kickers.
You have to nail your shots, chances and we are at rock bottom for forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's all this about?

can’t copy the full text over but basically
  • Motlop is part of our ‘Metropolitan Indigenous Development Zone’
  • Unlike the rest of the NGA picks, who this year are eligible to be matched by their club from picks 20 onward, the metro Indigenous players are picks 40 onwards to be matched
  • This only applies to metro Indigenous kids, does not apply to multicultural kids or rural/remote Indigenous kids.
  • “The latest tweak is understood to be in response to rival clubs fearing level of Indigenous talent in Perth/Adelaide metro area would give WA/SA clubs an unfair advantage.”

this is some sort of ****ed joke

What's all this about?

WA and SA academies are split in two. Metro indigenous kids like Motlop fall into the second group, which can only be bid on after pick 40.
VIC clubs didn’t want us all getting free hits, despite them all having free hits through F/S that we have never had

So if Motlop is bid on before pick 40, we can't do anything about it?
Correct, if this stays the same we only get Motlop before 40 if we draft him ourselves

So basically we won’t be getting Jesse Motlop. What a sick joke. Last minute rule change by the AFL.
So dockery it hurts.

No metro indigenous kids live in Melbourne. This rule is designed purely to stunt perth and Adelaide clubs. Classic VFL.
I’d love to know if freo knew about this all along or just found out from Jordan mcardle like the rest of us this morning…
Would be a good indicator of how professional the club actually is.

No metro indigenous kids live in Melbourne. This rule is designed purely to stunt perth and Adelaide clubs. Classic VFL.
I’d love to know if freo knew about this all along or just found out from Jordan mcardle like the rest of us this morning…
Would be a good indicator of how professional the club actually is.

I'm so glad I financially invest very little in this dodgy corporation. Just wish I could invest less emotionally!

Guess we can forget about matching a Motlop bid now.

If he goes past 40 it's a bonus but let's be honest the negative impact of matching at this point would be close to non existent. Taking him would be a no brainer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back