Opinion 2021 Player X v Y v Z

Remove this Banner Ad

Gonna throw a curveball at this one, What about McEvoy + Highmore and roughly 200k? change, but Highmore on ground is a very risky selection due to Sunday match. If you can get an Emg sticker on D7 that scores reasonably then it mitigates that risk and gives you the loop captain option if it doesnt come off. I don't really have a read on Hind, Dusty feels like he is hungry for more success, Highmore should be a good rook if he gets named, and I think McEvoy offers the most value but comes with some risk. Probably option 1 if pushed by a short half head.

It gets tougher the more you think about it, hey? :p

That is true. But those early games against Saints and GWS, Melbourne probably start as under dogs, and they need wins. So do they try and exploit the dominance of Gawn against a young ruck?

Definitely could go either way, but I'm still leaning towards them playing Max forward a bit more - just because they'll barely score with McDonald and Fritsch as their main targets.

No good winning the ruck and midfield battle if there's no-one at home to kick it to when you do clear it from the centre

Macrae and De Goey
V
Dunkley and Stewart/Short/Daniel?

1) 110-120 + 85-100

2) 100-110 + 90-105 (depending on who it is etc.)

I'd go 2. Might get hurt by seeing De Goey rack up numbers week 1, but you'll feel better when he's injured in week 2. I think 2 is more durable...

1) 110-120 + 85-100

2) 100-110 + 90-105 (depending on who it is etc.)

I'd go 2. Might get hurt by seeing De Goey rack up numbers week 1, but you'll feel better when he's injured in week 2. I think 2 is more durable...
I think I’ll go 2 and Tom Stewart. Feel like he’s flying under the radar, still just in POD territory at 10% ownership. Take out injury and he went 102 last year. If the new rules do suit half backs like we think, he could push 105-110 imo. Averaged 104 from his last 12 games last season including finals

I think I’ll go 2 and Tom Stewart. Feel like he’s flying under the radar, still just in POD territory at 10% ownership. Take out injury and he went 102 last year. If the new rules do suit half backs like we think, he could push 105-110 imo. Averaged 104 from his last 12 games last season including finals

Yeah I'm really torn between Short and Stewart at this stage. Can't quite find the cash to get him up there, especially if Downie not playing leads to a slight shift back towards the mid-priced mayhem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have one.

Coniglio/Walsh & Laird down back

or

J Kelly/Pendlebury & Daniel down back.

Tough one.

Cogs (105-110)/Walsh (105-110) & Laird (100-105) (Total 205-215)

Jelly (105-115)/Pendles (100-110) & Daniel (90-105) (Total 190-220)

-------------

I think I'd go option 1 for a pretty safe 200+ there. Cogs vs Walsh is interesting, Walsh feels safer almost for me. But I really like Cogs.

Jelly and Daniel could be pretty big if the half backs go how everyone is talking and Jelly plays as good as we've seen in the past.

Caldwell (M5) and ROB
V
Hind (F3) and Gawn?

Dunkley either goes F3 or M4 depending

Hind and Gawn easy

I'm right off ROB with his shizer pre season

Remove this Banner Ad

Back