Training 2021 Pre Season training watch

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still tentative on Cousins. Watched him closely in the games he played, he seems to struggle when it comes to putting together the offensive and defensive sides to his game.

Good example was Essendon - offered a lot in attack when we were winning, but was a bit of a witches hat when Essendon were getting clearances at will. On the flip side he's had impressive games where he is accountable for his opponent but he's a non factor offensively.

Don't disagree he's got areas to work on - but at 22-23 I think he's allowed to have his inconsistencies and blemishes. Crossing my fingers he is a bit of a late bloomer as I think there is plenty there to work with. Working with Sammy if he ends up with Box Hill at stages wouldn't go astray.

Don't disagree he's got areas to work on - but at 22-23 I think he's allowed to have his inconsistencies and blemishes. Crossing my fingers he is a bit of a late bloomer as I think there is plenty there to work with. Working with Sammy if he ends up with Box Hill at stages wouldn't go astray.

If he ends up at Box Hill too much this year chances are he won't be on the list next year. Big year for him and I think he has earned a good run at it early. He was better than Shiels in the games he played last year.

If he ends up at Box Hill too much this year chances are he won't be on the list next year.

Possibly if others who are younger go past him. You can't always be of the 'no good yet, delist' mentality though. There's good examples of players who have come on later in their careers when shown a bit of faith. Would likely depend on our draft position at the end of 2021 also and how many possible mids we like.

Will not fail through lack of trying observers say. Good luck to him

Each to their own but I had more excitement heading into the 2014 and 2015 seasons than I do now. sh*t football side, key players hurt, dickhead state politicians will lead to fixture chaos and who knows if we'll even be able to attend many games.
A little ray of sunshine...... has come into the world.......

Possibly if others who are younger go past him. You can't always be of the 'no good yet, delist' mentality though. There's good examples of players who have come on later in their careers when shown a bit of faith. Would likely depend on our draft position at the end of 2021 also and how many possible mids we like.
Round 1 is reminiscent of round 1 2019. No Mitchell, playing the crows on their home deck and expected to lose.

And we put in 4 quarters of consistent football and kacked them. One of those players that lifted was Cousins. He should be at his very best early on again.

Each to their own but I had more excitement heading into the 2014 and 2015 seasons than I do now. sh*t football side, key players hurt, dickhead state politicians will lead to fixture chaos and who knows if we'll even be able to attend many games.
Honest question here; when was the last time you had the opinion that this is a “…sh*t football side…”?

Not for a while, this would be my lowest expectations going into a season since 2005.
Ok then. So there is hope, maybe they will salute in 3yrs time.:D:D:D
That is even better than the opinion of some optimists and one-eyed Hawks fans that I know.:cool:

But I take all opinions in team sports with a grain of salt..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There hasn't been much reported about Finn Magginess in the pre-season. When he was recruited there were high hopes for him. His only game last year he didn't impress by all reports. I was just wondering where he was at at the moment. Is he going to be part of the team which hopefully takes us back up the ladder?

There hasn't been much reported about Finn Magginess in the pre-season. When he was recruited there were high hopes for him. His only game last year he didn't impress by all reports. I was just wondering where he was at at the moment. Is he going to be part of the team which hopefully takes us back up the ladder?
Just like your username it might be worth ‘being calm’ with young Finn. I wouldn’t be surprised to see him take a similar timeframe to the way Sicily did which by memory was a couple of seasons at Box Hill. It’s also important to remember that the kid was robbed of his first year BH last year.

There’s at least four spots up for grabs. Round 1 selection is going to be interesting.

In the mix: Jiath, Moore, Howe, Morrison, Nash, Hanrahan, Koschitzke.

IN
Hartigan
Phillips
Impey
Cousins
Greaves
?
?
?
?

OUT
Henderson
Puopolo
Frawley
Smith
Stratton
Gunston
Sicily
Scully
Patton

Last edited:
There’s at least four spots up for grabs. Round 1 selection is going to be interesting.

In the mix: Jiath, Moore, Howe, Morrison, Nash, Koschitzke.

IN
Hartigan
Phillips
Impey
Cousins
Greaves
?
?
?
?

OUT
Henderson
Smith
Frawley
Smith
Stratton
Gunston
Sicily
Scully
Patton
2 Smiths?

In the mix: Jiath, Moore, Howe, Morrison, Nash, Hanrahan, Koschitzke.

IN
Hartigan
Phillips
Impey
Cousins
Greaves
?
?
?
?

OUT
Henderson
Puopolo
Frawley
Smith
Stratton
Gunston
Sicily
Scully
Patton

Unless preseason form or injury wouldn’t allow for it - I’d think Hanrahan, Moore and Morrison would be more chance of being selected than not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back