Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the teams currently ahead of me that have Bolton & Tex should just keep sideways trading. What good are trades at the business end?
Pfffff - long term planning is overrated :p

I am a doctor.
You can't read anything into the terminology 'break' vs. 'fracture'
x2. Means exactly the same thing in medical circles. Eg broken hip = neck of femur fracture, broken leg = tibial or fibular fracture etc

haha no.
medical doctor but halfway through a PhD as well.
Do I get to call myself Dr Dr afterwards?
Nice, I have a friend who's a doc, sounds like an achievement just to make it to the end of med school, then they reward you by working you to the bone for years.

Well done, hope the further study is going well.

Nice, I have a friend who's a doc, sounds like an achievement just to make it to the end of med school, then they reward you by working you to the bone for years.

Well done, hope the further study is going well.
Cheers. The semi-regular posting on Bigfooty and semi-SC success suggests it could be going better..

This IS NOT good news for us Macrae owners ...

View attachment 1126407
JT might still be dropped, was mentioned on the Pies board that he was seen away from the main group at training. Obviously doesn't mean much

In saying that, he got a lot of the ball in VFL, but when he kicked it it went to the wrong team. Also his tank is still a concern

I reckon it'll be this: (the maybe in brackets)

OUT: Murph, Roughy (Thomas)
IN: Wilson, Madgen (Macrae/Rantall)

A sneaky chance for this week ...

View attachment 1126009

Standing at 191cm, Ronin O’Connor is an inside bull with an excellent work rate and massive appetite for the contest. Representing Western Australia at this year’s Under-18 Championships, O’Connor averaged 13.8 disposals and 5.5 tackles, playing an important role in WA’s champion winning team. A natural leader, O’Connor captained Claremont to the 2019 WAFL Colts premiership, averaging 18 disposals, 4.5 clearances and 6.3 tackles. He also played two reserves games for the Tigers late in the season.

1620892361691.png

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All the teams currently ahead of me that have Bolton & Tex should just keep sideways trading. What good are trades at the business end?

Interesting yet you paid top dollar for Impey and Heppell so you must think they are keepers what next Hall?

It's raining rookies

If he's in for Mummy in the ruck I'll cry
If he's in down back for Keeffe, I won't be too excited, because Haynes and Davis are back in 1-3 weeks

If he's in for Mummy in the ruck I'll cry
If he's in down back for Keeffe, I won't be too excited, because Haynes and Davis are back in 1-3 weeks

Don't think his JS is that great either way

Not sure what the deal is with Flynn. Perhaps Leon is going with Flynn and Briggs this week?

He'll more likely be forward than back - if Flynn/Mumford is in also.

Hugo, Ronin and Kieren?

GregariousRashArkshell-max-1mb.gif

Tom Wilson.

72494888.jpg

If Bolton is only out for 2-3 weeks, then he'll be the quickest recovery from a broken wrist and surgery ever. From the research I did, it's 4 matches out minimum. Jack Roo broke his wrist but DIDN'T have surgery and returned after missing 3 rounds. All other cases of broken wrist requiring surgery were 4 rounds missed.

4 rounds missed, then they have the bye, so it's 5 rounds out. Also all of their midfielders will be back by then as well, so without the next 4 rounds of ~110 average, it's not worth holding if he ends up averaging ~80 for the rest of the season spending more time forward.

I can 1 up/1 down this week and hold onto Bolton (because I have some cash in the bank) to see how he's looking next week (assume he'll see the surgeon next week for a check-up), but I just can't see him missing 2 matches, it'll 3 best case, but then he'll play 1 game and a have a bye, so it doesn't help me much.

Bolton and rookie out this week to premo and rookie leaves me with over $300k in the bank
With that $300k in the bank, I can turn Warner and Powell into 2 cheap premos next week if I want (or just get a $600k+ MID and hold the trade)

Given some of the miracle recoveries this year he might be a chance to return sooner?

I don’t think Dimma is being 100% transparent with the severity of the injury

Given some of the miracle recoveries this year he might be a chance to return sooner?

I don’t think Dimma is being 100% transparent with the severity of the injury
The news report said "2-3 weeks"
Tigers injury report said "short to medium term, hoping it's more on the short side"
Dimma on AFL 360 said "2-4 weeks"

Given that it's 4 matches and then a bye, I can't have him missing for 5 rounds

If it's just 3 rounds missed (so he plays round 12, but then has the round 13 bye), I'll still be happy with my decision to trade
If it's only 2 rounds missed (so he plays rounds 11 and 12), I'll be pretty annoyed

But I simply can't see it being just 2 weeks, I'll be beyond shocked really, and I will question what really happened and what the injury is, because after surgery he'll be in a splint for 1-2 weeks, then it'll still need more time to heal

If they rush him back he could re-injure it, considering winning clearances, taking marks and kicking goals is his bread and butter

The only thing funnier than the reaction that Highmore is in...

... will be the melt when he is a late out... hehe

Would have been better if Saints played on Sunday this week so a bunch of coaches trade him out before Sunday teamsheets drop. I'm happy that he's named and all, but it could have been so much funnier if his selection caused a few melts.

Would have been better if Saints played on Sunday this week so a bunch of coaches trade him out before Sunday teamsheets drop. I'm happy that he's named and all, but it could have been so much funnier if his selection caused a few melts.
That is so sadistic! We’ve been waiting soooo long!

But yeah, on second thoughts, I was never trading him, so would have been beautiful!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back