Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A sneaky chance for this week ...

View attachment 1126009

Standing at 191cm, Ronin O’Connor is an inside bull with an excellent work rate and massive appetite for the contest. Representing Western Australia at this year’s Under-18 Championships, O’Connor averaged 13.8 disposals and 5.5 tackles, playing an important role in WA’s champion winning team. A natural leader, O’Connor captained Claremont to the 2019 WAFL Colts premiership, averaging 18 disposals, 4.5 clearances and 6.3 tackles. He also played two reserves games for the Tigers late in the season.
How about you give Worrell games? Hid DEF/FWD DPP gets me excited

Bolton is only 2-3 weeks, not worth a trade imo. You'll beat Judd_Magic to the no trades club with moves like that.
If Bolton is only out for 2-3 weeks, then he'll be the quickest recovery from a broken wrist and surgery ever. From the research I did, it's 4 matches out minimum. Jack Roo broke his wrist but DIDN'T have surgery and returned after missing 3 rounds. All other cases of broken wrist requiring surgery were 4 rounds missed.

4 rounds missed, then they have the bye, so it's 5 rounds out. Also all of their midfielders will be back by then as well, so without the next 4 rounds of ~110 average, it's not worth holding if he ends up averaging ~80 for the rest of the season spending more time forward.

I can 1 up/1 down this week and hold onto Bolton (because I have some cash in the bank) to see how he's looking next week (assume he'll see the surgeon next week for a check-up), but I just can't see him missing 2 matches, it'll 3 best case, but then he'll play 1 game and a have a bye, so it doesn't help me much.

Bolton and rookie out this week to premo and rookie leaves me with over $300k in the bank
With that $300k in the bank, I can turn Warner and Powell into 2 cheap premos next week if I want (or just get a $600k+ MID and hold the trade)

Last edited:

Sier is injured, so he's not coming in, meaning Macrae's chance of a recall have improved (or Rantall)

Tom Wilson ($124k FWD) a chance to debut

Madgen is probably coming in

Sier is injured, so he's not coming in, meaning Macrae's chance of a recall have improved (or Rantall)

Tom Wilson ($124k FWD) a chance to debut

Madgen is probably coming in
Tom Wilson you say? I'll have 4 Collingwood rookies after this weeks trades, why not 5?

How about you give Worrell games? Hid DEF/FWD DPP gets me excited
Yes he's a possibility ....more likely Frampton comes in for Tex though

Midfield is still an issue and Fog maybe an out .....hence my comment on O'Connor ....I have zero info though on possibilities

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Highmore, Waterman, Brockman and Flynn. That is all I want this week.
And Macrae

We're not asking for too much, are we?

MAKE IT HAPPEN

If Bolton is only out for 2-3 weeks, then he'll be the quickest recovery from a broken wrist and surgery ever. From the research I did, it's 4 matches out minimum. Jack Roo broke his wrist but DIDN'T have surgery and returned after missing 3 rounds. All other cases of broken wrist requiring surgery were 4 rounds missed.
🤔 Bolton might have an abnormally well developed wrist. 😐

Poulter top of the tree for me. DPP. Tossing a coin between the other two.
That's my thought too. Can't split the other two at the moment. St Kilda play early so need to make my mind up soon.

One of the of big 50/50 SC decisions that you spend a week thinking about then they end up performing similarly and it doesn't really matter.

🤔 Bolton might have an abnormally well developed wrist. 😐
I'm no doctor, but it's being reported as a FRACTURED wrist, is that not different to a break?

It could be very minor, we're all just guessing. But I'm a glass is half full kinda guy, and there will be more carnage coming so I'm holding that trade. Waterman is going to come in and score a ton to cover him anyway :moustache:

I'm no doctor, but it's being reported as a FRACTURED wrist, is that not different to a break?

It could be very minor, we're all just guessing. But I'm a glass is half full kinda guy, and there will be more carnage coming so I'm holding that trade. Waterman is going to come in and score a ton to cover him anyway :moustache:
I don’t have Bolton. But if I did I’d probably be comfortable holding him on the bench if I could cover with a Warner or Bergman type. Don’t think I’d be keen to try to cover multiple weeks with a Waterman or Rowe.

All the teams currently ahead of me that have Bolton & Tex should just keep sideways trading. What good are trades at the business end?

I am a doctor.
You can't read anything into the terminology 'break' vs. 'fracture'

That's my thought too. Can't split the other two at the moment. St Kilda play early so need to make my mind up soon.
I hate having to trade before the first game, so I can look at my H2H team and adjust my loops/trades to nullify or POD. So Byrnes playing first game is not good for this strategy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back