Position 2021 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure about that. Pendles has had a good two weeks but Sidey has been very ordinary, Howe isn't playing, Mayne is ehhh and Roughead I will agree is playing awesome footy. But he is only just 30. Still a good few years left. Adams still not playing with us, Daicos still not on our roster. There's two of our starting engine room next year. I am one of the minority that thinks our backline is good enough, our forward line is good enough (yes a KPP would solidify that line perfectly) but the problem with our team is all about our midfield. It sucks, plain and honest. Grundy is elite and so is Adams but we drop off significantly after that.

Adams and Nick in there will do us a world of good. I know putting a lot on Nick early is stupid but he is incredibly gifted. Those two and JDG plus Joshy Daicos and Poulter on the wings with development from Fin, Reef and Biano with Crisp in there at times too and I think we could go OK.
I think you’re looking at your back and forward lines with rose tinted glasses, although I hope you’re right because Collingwood up and going is good for footy.

A common but pretty reductionist view I reckon. Would rather have been a St Kilda supporter than an Essendon supporter the last 20 years or so and reckon they achieved more through 2007-2010 than Melbourne in the same period
If you don’t win a flag, you‘ve achieved nothing. Harsh, but true. No-one remembers who played in the 1968 semi final.

Need to downgrade Powell to either a MID or FWD rookie (preferably FWD so I can have some bench cover). Already got Newcombe so he isn't an option.

Bramble, Briggs looking like the only options at this stage. Hollands is close to a game but he's 180k. Ralphsmith is still cheap but I worry about his JS. If Matt Parker can get a game he might be worth a look in but I'll need to wait until Thursday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh. Don’t need him now.
You don't want a playing on-baller sitting on your mid bench? I want all my rookies to stay in and play...

Those random late outs near the end of the season hurt, I like that Newcombe has a 10+ tackle game in him.

You don't want a playing on-baller sitting on your mid bench? I want all my rookies to stay in and play...

Those random late outs near the end of the season hurt, I like that Newcombe has a 10+ tackle game in him.
I’ve got Robertson, Bianco and Poulter as MID cover already. Prob back them over Newc at this stage.

I’ve got Robertson, Bianco and Poulter as MID cover already. Prob back them over Newc at this stage.
Strong cover, bloody hell.

Nervously watching teams this week: have all of Madden, Bianco, LEdwards, Newcombe and Briggs at risk of being dropped (together with L Jones and Waterman dead). Need a few of those to look something like cover for the remainder of the year.

Nervously watching teams this week: have all of Madden, Bianco, LEdwards, Newcombe and Briggs at risk of being dropped (together with L Jones and Waterman dead). Need a few of those to look something like cover for the remainder of the year.
Madden will play. Lester still 3/4 weeks away. Madden did fine in a win. They don't have many other options (Answerth still injured, the rest are talls)
Bianco I'm nervous about, could be dropped for Adams
L.Edwards will play, he was one of the reasons they beat the Tigers before their bye
Newcombe will play, Clarko said something along the lines of "next week vs GWS"
Briggs I'm nervous about, Mummy is available for selection

you'll get at least 3/5 playing of the names you mentioned

Ceglar had 21 CBA's compared to McEvoy's 6, yet Ceglar only got 11 hitouts and got destroyed by Draper

Has to be good for Reeves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back