List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't a great year by Charles compared to his breakout AA year. Wonder if he was carrying an injury. Almost became a one trick pony (or should that be one arm).
9th in goal kicking list with 48 goals, hardly a shite year, some over the top bagging in this thread for Dix. His physical presence is going to be a big loss if the rumours are true.

Thus is exactly where my mind went too, I remember reading a rumour earlier in the year about Dixon going back to QLD, I don't know where it came from so I assume it's bullshit, but if it did happen to be true I wouldn't be overly upset about turning Dixon into Finlayson.

It doesn't feel like anything addressing our major needs though
Finlayson is not a replacement for Dixon, he played 13 games this year and took a contested mark in 4 of them. Theres no real link.

Got told Carlton has an Interest in Jarrod Lienert as do a couple of other clubs.

Got told Carlton has an Interest in Jarrod Lienert as do a couple of other clubs.
Honestly amazes me he hasn’t been picked up by another club in previous years. He’s rarely played a bad game at AFL level, has a beautiful long kick and if it wasn’t for our abundance of HBF he’d be a staple in our side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Finlayson- only makes sense if recruited as a tall utility- forward/back/ruck. This is underrated. It frees up a list spot to develop other players. Instead of having a back up forward (like Buzza) and a back up Defender (like Austin) you get both in Finlayson and a list spot for someone like Aleer from Centrals.

Alternatively it is Finlayson and #2 (#4 really) for Ladhams and #16 (#18)- I doubt it.

Mitchell- why would Hawthorn be shopping him around and not Wingard? The age difference is a few months. A midfield of Mitchell, O’meara, Wingard, Worpel means they can compete with anyone. This strikes me as fake news.

I've always liked him. Coaches must see something about him they don't like. There's something about the coaches I don't like these days so my trust in them making good club decisions is being tested.

He should definitely go, he's too good a player to be stuck playing SANFL.

He'll get plenty of games at a middling club but he's not someone I would want playing in a finals game. One of those players who are probably too good for the SANFL but not good enough for AFL.

At this level he has a long kick on him, a good motor and that's about it.

He'll get plenty of games at a middling club but he's not someone I would want playing in a finals game. One of those players who are probably too good for the SANFL but not good enough for AFL.

At this level he has a long kick on him, a good motor and that's about it.

Nah don't agree, I think he's a good AFL player.

Finlayson- only makes sense if recruited as a tall utility- forward/back/ruck. This is underrated. It frees up a list spot to develop other players. Instead of having a back up forward (like Buzza) and a back up Defender (like Austin) you get both in Finlayson and a list spot for someone like Aleer from Centrals.

Alternatively it is Finlayson and #2 (#4 really) for Ladhams and #16 (#18)- I doubt it.

Mitchell- why would Hawthorn be shopping him around and not Wingard? The age difference is a few months. A midfield of Mitchell, O’meara, Wingard, Worpel means they can compete with anyone. This strikes me as fake news.
If I was to guess why they are shopping Mitchell around, it would be money. Probably want to get his salary off the books.

Our ball movement is way too slow for Finlayson to work as a forward. He plays like Josh Jenkins with a sweet left leg and gets all his goals out the back.

We would use him like Jack Watts off half back I suspect.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back