List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

In the sanfl.

we couldn’t play all of them. And our club has shown it will alway back in traded in players to the hilt so finlayson wouldn’t get dropped, Dixon would hold his spot. So probably Marshall and Ladhams go to the Sanfl I suspect, where their value drops until we trade them for a 4th rounder.

He wouldn’t be cheap. Gws have no real kfs, it was their weakness all year. And Finlayson is contracted for 2 more years. It will cost us overs.

Yuck. That would be such a nothing trade.
It would make sense from the giant's pov ... with Mumford done, they would be screaming out for a ruckman. Probably also a swap of picks to make the deal work.

It would make sense from the giant's pov ... with Mumford done, they would be screaming out for a ruckman. Probably also a swap of picks to make the deal work.

They actually have some fairly promising ruckmen on their list in Flynn and Briggs. Don't see us giving up a player for this if it happens.

Was recruited as a defender but Cameron moved him forward. Had his best season forward when the Giants made the GF but with the right coach he could actually be a very capable fullback.
Has a great leg and is a brilliant field kick. Issues is... he doesn't defend, chase tackle. I would assume you want those qualities in a defender. I suspect if he goes to you lads its to play up forward

Ok Finlayson was told to explore trade options GWS salary cap being the issue.

That's a deal that's not going to break us.

That article was from 2018. We don't have salary cap issues atm.

His partner is from SA and they just had a baby. I assume its for family reasons. We have a history of making trades happen if its for family Eg Lobb, Wilson etc.

This will get done if he requests for family reasons

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Georgiades takes Motlop's spot.

Williams is gunning for Gray.
McEntee is gunning for Fantasia.
Lord is gunning for Marshall.
Lord and McEntee are miles off being AFL capable, as much as I like aspects of their games. Williams should be able to get to the required level but needs a major upgrade on workrate and fitness, with some improvement in his pace

Keys to fix our midfield woes:

1. Go very very hard for Tom Mitchell. Probably won't happen, but you have to try.
2. Fix our structures big time in the square. Stop getting everyone sucked into the contest. We have far too many attacking the actual ball. If we don't win it, it gets flicked out to the players on the outside and they run it out with ease. Bulldogs back Libba or Macrae to go in and get it solo, which leaves the players on the outside ready to receive.
3. The number 1 focus for the entire pre-season for Houston, Drew, Rozee and Butters is to get in the gym and actually build up some strength. They all would be amazing in the midfield, except for the fact they are all far too skinny. Cannot compete with the premium midfielders who are twice their size.
4. Stop putting Robbie in the middle. He is far too slow, far too weak. He cannot compete with the absolute guns in there anymore. Why he was put in so often against that gun Bulldog midfield I will never understand. Horrendous coaching.
5. We need to toughen up. We have the skill and class, we just have far too many weak, soft front runners. We need to focus all pre-season on contested ball, pressure and bringing some toughness back into our game.
6. Don't use Drew as a defensive mid. He actually is our best clearance player when given the opportunity. He needs to play the Libba role and we build our midfield around him.
Some very good points.
How do we convert pick 16 plus 3rd rounders into Mitchell, Dawson and a late teens/early 20's pick though?
Need to trade a couple of decent players out one suspects.
Who is reasonable quality but surplus to our needs and won't come back to bite us? SPP? Houston? DBJ? Motlop? McEntee?

I thought Finlayson is a defender?

He started as one, but moved forward in 2019 and has mostly stayed there since

Greater Western Sydney forward Jeremy Finlayson has completed a medical at Port Adelaide as he weighs up his playing future.

As flagged by 7 News on Wednesday, foxfooty.com.au understands the 25-year-old, contracted to the Giants until the end of 2023, is considering a move to South Australia for family reasons, with he and partner Kellie welcoming a baby girl into the world last month and Kellie’s family residing in Port Lincoln.

Amid the Giants’ time away from New South Wales in 2021, which lasted more than 70 days, Finlayson opted to stay in Queensland to be with Kellie during her pregnancy.

Lord and McEntee are miles off being AFL capable, as much as I like aspects of their games. Williams should be able to get to the required level but needs a major upgrade on workrate and fitness, with some improvement in his pace
Yep, I think I should have written 'should be gunning' for their spots.

Has a great leg and is a brilliant field kick. Issues is... he doesn't defend, chase tackle. I would assume you want those qualities in a defender. I suspect if he goes to you lads its to play up forward

Not disagreeing there as his efforts are downright horrible sometimes but he has the talent to be a good KP player at either end if the coaches can get through to him.

I dont mind Finlayson. His good is very good but he is very inconsistent.

1 kick, 1 mark, 1 tackle in a Grand Final scares me though.

Some very good points.
How do we convert pick 16 plus 3rd rounders into Mitchell, Dawson and a late teens/early 20's pick though?
Need to trade a couple of decent players out one suspects.
Who is reasonable quality but surplus to our needs and won't come back to bite us? SPP? Houston? DBJ? Motlop? McEntee?

DBJ keep - we've seen his best and it is just what we need

SPP - absolutley trade - hit his ceiling already and prone to wander

Houston keep - Got to step up into that midfield role replacing Boak in time

Mots and McE - zero trade value - I would have delisted both

Remove this Banner Ad

Back