List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

Why are we offering less money? Pretty sure it’s been common knowledge for multiple years now we have a war chest waiting to be used. If we really wanted him at all costs, we could front load a contract that is better than the crows can offer.

Why are we offering less money? Pretty sure it’s been common knowledge for multiple years now we have a war chest waiting to be used. If we really wanted him at all costs, we could front load a contract that is better than the crows can offer.
We've also got a big off-season coming up where a lot of players may be getting some contract extensions/pay rises.

Recruiting and list mangement is the only area of the club that actually functions well so I'm happy to back them in. I think under spending is better than over spending, the last thing we want is to end up like Collingwood.

Because a winger or flanker (even if we think he has midfield potential) is not the type of player to splurge on.

Edit: also what Ross said.

No one knows anything about what is being offered contract wise by either club, pure speculation by all. If as stated his family is crows supporters , he supported them as a kid, mad riccutio fan, big crows contract in front of him, I'm not sure why its dragging out.

No one knows anything about what is being offered contract wise by either club, pure speculation by all. If as stated his family is crows supporters , he supported them as a kid, mad riccutio fan, big crows contract in front of him, I'm not sure why its dragging out.

Who's his manager?

If Robbie Tarrant is considering moving clubs we should be all over that for a couple years. Full back sorted while our window remains ajar
We need to get younger, not older in our defense.

we’ve got a bunch close to retirement and Tarrant would be older than all of them.

Only way he makes sense is if you traded 1 or 2 out for picks and replaced them with him as a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Valente is contracted for another year. He had a great draft year but suffers from a bit of that just good ordinary footballer look. Not super quick, agile, fit or skilful but just does his job.

If we could get him cheap, he would be a handy depth pick up.

Ling likewise could be one that we could rookie and see if we can get him right.

We need to get younger, not older in our defense.

we’ve got a bunch close to retirement and Tarrant would be older than all of them.

Only way he makes sense is if you traded 1 or 2 out for picks and replaced them with him as a free agent.

As a free agent he’s a freebie and an instant upgrade on Jonas down back. Would only be around for maybe 2 seasons but he’s still a very good full back.

Looks like he’s going to Rich anyway but we don’t have anyone like him and don’t have anyone in the reserves who can step up instantly and take that spot.

We will most likely go into next season undersized again in defence and he would have been a perfect stop gap fix while we’re still in our window which is closing.

Robbie tarrant signs with Richmond

The whole Dawson situation is strange. Interstate media seemed to think he was a lock for Port as soon as he left Sydney.

The local ambassadors have pushed the crows supporting family, Ricciuto connection yada yada and that seems to have swung the media position at least in SA.

But all of that was known about him anyway, so how has it become such a factor now? And if those were the determining factors why even go through the motions with Port, online meetings, tours, dinners.

Just make your decision and stand by it if it is so cut and dried.

I’ve been wondering this too.
Rockliff and Hartlett are off the books and Motlop will have to take a reduced offer. There’s around $1.1m available which explains why we went after Merrett.
I’m not saying we should use all that as some of it will need to be set aside for butters, rozee etc but next year will likely be robbie’s last year plus another 30 year like McKenzie.
I wouldn’t of thought money would be an issue unless the crowd really made a stupid offer.

We went hard for Merrett, I doubt he would've signed for less than 750-800K. Money isn't an issue at all...

This is the most important part of the deal. Was it dinner or is it a lunch?

WE MUST KNOW!
Just to confuse you, some people call (or at least used to call) lunch by the term dinner, and dinner similarly termed as tea.

Our family call lunch - lunch. And call dinner - tea. Dinner is a term hardly ever used - unless you want to be posh!

So "dinner" could mean last night's meal - or today's midday meal :eek:o_O:drunk:

Or it may mean nothing at all :think:

This is a real mystery. Who leaked the rumour, and are they just trolling?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back