List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

I love people calling him soft.

5 concussions doesn't generally point towards being soft.

Maybe he isn't going flat out all the time because every single time he does, some dumb campaigner knocks him out.
This to me is the bigger worry, multple concussions from what appear to minor impacts raise a red flag. Personally think the kid is developing ok, but concussions are becoming career enders. ie Roosters NRL captain calling it quits today after repeated knocks this year.

Maybe he isn't going flat out all the time because every single time he does, some dumb campaigner knocks him out.

I don't know that soft is fair, but he is not a presence. Physical presence has nothing to do with build. Ask Butters, ask Luke Ball. There are many other examples. Its about attack on the ball. He lacks mongrel.

The fact that he has had 5 concussions already is even more of a concern. Whether it is already affecting his game psychologically, it may well affect his longevity. He certainly looks fragile out there on the park.

I cant see Lord pushing for games until the back end of 2023.

Marshall is a hard one but its obvious he's not going to be a superstar. I still think he's contributing ok for a 2nd tall. His stats have risen quite a bit and is averaging career highs almost all across the board this year. His consistency is an issue. I dont think we trade him.
“Ok” 2nd key forwards are more rare and more important structurally than many other players. Ok 2nd forward is his floor.

Lords a project player. Some very good signs, I don’t know if we will know what we’ve got there for a while.

No point trading Marshall, his value to us right now far outweighs the potential pick we'd get for him. The thing is though he is a lead up forward and our i50 entrys ******* suck and dont get the most out of him. He would flourish in a team like the Eagles.

As for Lord. Its his first season and he was pick 49 odd. He will take time.

He certainly isn't soft, but he is clumsy. He just throws himself into situations without positioning his body for hits, and fails to ride them.

Take Butters for example. The kids 70kg, throws himself like a Kamikaze into all sorts of situations, but just understands how to ride contact and has rarely suffered injuries compared to Marshall who cops knocks every week.

Marshall is gutsy, but sheesh the number of times at AFL and SANFL level that he's taken unbraced/unprotected shoulder hits or hits to the head, has been massive.

There's clearly other fair criticisms around his actual strength in contests. He puts himself in the right spots, but fails to take advantage of them, as he just gets pushed around or spoiled too easily. It's a strength thing most of the time, but the rest it's almost like a lack of confidence and belief, he just needs to say "* everyone, I'm marking this", and he'd be unstoppable.

Last edited:
Marshall won't be a bust of a player but he might be a bust as a key tall - similar to Hoff. Has incredible vision, kicking inside 50 and is very good at creating opportunities with a deft touch or two. Those are great skills for a forward flanker dare I say and that might be his best spot for the team.

Ladhams is the one I think we need to commit to as a key forward. Make it clear to him that that's his spot now and he needs to be a forward first backup ruck second. We have Hayes as next full time ruckman we dont need him to be training as a full time ruck. So that means bulking up and working on his forward craft - leading up, contested marking and repeat efforts at presenting to the ball carrier.

Overall our list is really good right now and very balanced. The big issue I see is in the midfield now and for the future. We need a taller contested marking mid (Drew?) and we need an accumulator who knows how to find the pill and uses it well. Getting an elite mid should be prioritized given the setbacks Rozee has had.

Josh Kelly would be amazing to me if he wants to come to Adelaide. Doesn't get much credit for it but he's very clean overhead and would be the class we desperately need in the right age bracket. Hope we have the coin for him.

Ladhams has shown less forward craft than a gumboot. Has height and athletic ability as his only redeeming features in that position.

Marshall as a key forward >>>>>>>>> ladhams key forward

Ladhams is just a far better ruck.. tho not quite as good a ruck as we want.

Georgiades and Marshall is a great key forward pairing for their age and experience. We just need to build the rest of the team around them. By the time both those guys are around 80-150 games we could really be reaping the benefits and also have guys like butters and rozee in their prime. Build around them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladhams has shown less forward craft than a gumboot. Has height and athletic ability as his only redeeming features in that position.

Marshall as a key forward >>>>>>>>> ladhams key forward

Ladhams is just a far better ruck.. tho not quite as good a ruck as we want.

Georgiades and Marshall is a great key forward pairing for their age and experience. We just need to build the rest of the team around them. By the time both those guys are around 80-150 games we could really be reaping the benefits and also have guys like butters and rozee in their prime. Build around them.

Marshall does not have a big enough body to be a number 1 key forward. He's never taken more than 3 contested marks in a game and has only achieved that once. Dixon averages 2.6 a game compared to Marshall's 1.4.

More importantly though Marshall is not someone you can trust to outmark their opponent when isolated 1v1. He doesn't have the size strength or style to be that player.

So for a traditional key forward we either hope Marshall becomes something he's shown no evidence of being so far or we pin our hopes on a 19 yr old.

I accept Ladhams has been s**t forward so far. I think this can be changed if he stops focusing on being a ruck first and spends the off season training as a forward though - we've seen his ceiling in that role is promising. For reference Ladhams has taken 4 contested marks twice from only 23 games. Just needs to learn to be a forward and let hayes be our next ruck.

I definitely like the idea of cox. Would take the heat of Dixon coz would be another tall target, in turn would help georgiades as he would be the 3rd tall then allow marshall to play further up the ground to utilise his foot skills. Also help with the ruck work and at worst case he plays in the sanfl and boost our team and allow lord to have help

Cox no problem at all.

If he can get a game in our AFL side ahead of Ladhams and Hayes we would know that we have issues that need to be addressed and if not he'd be great in the sanfl with Lord and any tall we pick up that is going to take a while to develop.

He would probably get offered better deals elsewhere but we should ask.

Is it time for Marshall to wear a helmet?
I think its time for him to play the Westy roaming role.
Cox would be a good get for SANFL level but might struggle to break into AFL side. He's a good sort as well.

I definitely like the idea of cox.

ScaredGoodnaturedKakarikis-small.gif

Cox strikes me as a guy who's all about the bright lights and big crowds. Can't see him leaving Melbourne. I reckon he'd go back to the US before he came to Adelaide.

I still like Mason Cox but I realise I'm probably in the minority there.

Josh Thomas is a good player as well, I'd take him.
Josh Thomas is a poor man's Sam Gray and I ******* hate Sam Gray.

Adam Cerra (Fremantle)

Morris: “He’s in limbo. Victorian clubs expect him to come home. They’re not quite sure where, but I think Carlton’s very much in the mix here. Freo’s offer is $750,000 across four years.”

Jack Billings (St Kilda)

Morris: “He’s in limbo. This depends on whether St Kilda can get a first-round pick as compensation or not in return … North Melbourne is where his good friend Luke McDonald plays, he went for Essendon when he grew up – but he’s not contracted for next year. So this still ha plenty more to play out.”

Luke Parker (Sydney Swans)

Morris: “He’s likely to stay. These contract talks have commenced between Hemisphere (Management Group) and the Sydney Swans.”

Zach Merrett (Essendon)

Morris: “I think he’s likely to stay, but there’s still a bit to go on here. Zach Merrett clearly wanted to see how Essendon went this year and they’ve gone well. But I don’t expect any announcement in the next few days at least, probably more towards the back-end of the year.

Tom Liberatore (Western Bulldogs)

Morris: “He’ll sign a two-year deal in the coming weeks, maybe even a little bit sooner. That’s a big coup for the Western Bulldogs given how well the midfielder has played this year.

Patricks Cripps (Carlton)

Morris: “Just (putting) the finishing touches on this one. He’ll re-sign, it’s just about how long for and how much. But you can be pretty confident if you’re a Carlton fan that in a fortnight or three weeks, they would’ve locked away Cripps and (Harry) McKay. Then the next task is to lock away Sam Walsh, who comes out of contract at the end of next year. But they’ve got some time to organise tha

Adam Cerra (Fremantle)

Morris: “He’s in limbo. Victorian clubs expect him to come home. They’re not quite sure where, but I think Carlton’s very much in the mix here. Freo’s offer is $750,000 across four years.”

Jack Billings (St Kilda)

Morris: “He’s in limbo. This depends on whether St Kilda can get a first-round pick as compensation or not in return … North Melbourne is where his good friend Luke McDonald plays, he went for Essendon when he grew up – but he’s not contracted for next year. So this still ha plenty more to play out.”

Morris: “He’s likely to stay. These contract talks have commenced between Hemisphere (Management Group) and the Sydney Swans.”

Zach Merrett (Essendon)

Morris: “I think he’s likely to stay, but there’s still a bit to go on here. Zach Merrett clearly wanted to see how Essendon went this year and they’ve gone well. But I don’t expect any announcement in the next few days at least, probably more towards the back-end of the year.

Morris: “He’ll sign a two-year deal in the coming weeks, maybe even a little bit sooner. That’s a big coup for the Western Bulldogs given how well the midfielder has played this year.

Morris: “Just (putting) the finishing touches on this one. He’ll re-sign, it’s just about how long for and how much. But you can be pretty confident if you’re a Carlton fan that in a fortnight or three weeks, they would’ve locked away Cripps and (Harry) McKay. Then the next task is to lock away Sam Walsh, who comes out of contract at the end of next year. But they’ve got some time to organise tha

Where is Limbo?
In the Carribbean?

Adam Cerra (Fremantle)

Jack Billings (St Kilda)

Zach Merrett (Essendon)

Where is Limbo?
In the Carribbean?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back