List Mgmt. 2021 Trade Targets

Remove this Banner Ad

lol. A 27 year old who's not in our best 22 and a second for Luko? If GC accepted that offer they should be deregistered.

Clurey can still get into 12-14 other sides easily and that includes GC. They need more experience anyway not more kids.

And considering Weller, Ratkins, K.Hunt, Lyons, Hanley and god knows who else they've got history with s**t house trades and list management decisions.

Clurey can still get into 12-14 other sides easily and that includes GC. They need more experience anyway not more kids.

And considering Weller, Ratkins, K.Hunt, Lyons, Hanley and god knows who else they've got history with sh*t house trades and list management decisions.
Don't double down on this. It's a laughable suggestion. Just walk away.

Kosi Pickett is a better player than Rankine on exposed form. Not that he's available, but if we're trying to shake one of them loose, Rankine is a distant second.

Clurey is 100% a first 22 player for us. We just happen to have 4 first 22 key defenders.

and gcs would absolutely overpay to get quality ready made players in.

but they would be pushing for more than clurey and a second for luko. They don’t need more second round picks.

Hombsch, Murdoch and Harbrow have retired so the Suns will need an experienced defender next year.
Harbrow was an out and out back pocket/half back flanker, Murdoch was an undersized rebounder and Hombsch was, well, we all know.
Do we have any rebounding/half back types that could be useful?

I'd be going hard at Narkle. He's not a star but he is a very sharp clearance player which is something we lack in big games. Also fits the current Port mould of being a versatile player who can pinch hit forward if need be. Give him the money we will get back into salary cap from Rocky's retirement- it will need to be a decent contract if we are to lure him away from Geelong/Perth clubs with the go-home factor. He's only 23! Got a lot of great football left in him.
Getting in early, bags Farqe or Roller for his nickname!

Last edited:
I’d be going Luko. Trade Bonner, Leinhart, McKenzie, Hartlett (if he is willing to abide) if they are after defensive/rebounders.
Farkk, Motlops contract is due, I’m sure he would have a good 2 years + 1 left at a club like that.
We have a couple attractive players due for contracts or 1 year out. I’d work out first and players into something. Maybe Luko, maybe Rankine. Maybe a closer seat in the front row.

Billings should be a better player than he is. I think he’s fairly similar to Shaun Higgins at the Bulldogs - in fact statistically almost identical even in contested possessions - he should move somewhere that needs him to be a midfielder and leader.

He should better than a half forward flanker.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Melbournes 2nd is 30 odd and Freo’s pick gets them a pick in the 40’s? So which teams need something for father sons or nga’s? You would think they would upscale those picks in a bundle.

Sorry for the intrusion.

My guess is that we'll have a crack at Bulldogs 1st Rounder, and a wink wink not to bid on Darcy if he's still there.

I don’t think their skill sets are particularly similar. SPP is a defensive beast with good goal sense. Narkle is a smooth outside midfielder with great clearance ability.
i think you are being sucked in buy the other guys around him, they are making him look good but if he was at GC you wouldnt touch him with a barge pole

Is there a team that he would walk straight into a best 22? I think hes just a chance to get a game for us as he is anywhere else. Would be stupid for him to seek a trade imo.

There are situations he would walk in with a very decent chance at being the outright or equal first ruckman, rather than the third line. He would also be paid accordingly, which is a huge consideration, rather than him sticking around for the greater good of Port Adelaide

Carlton, Geelong, Hawthorn, Gold Coast, GWS, North all present current or emerging opportunities to be the #1 (i.e. sooner than staying put)

Scott Lycett is 28. Hayes is not going to stick around for 3 years to get his opportunity. He is a professional footballer, with the career ambitions that come with that. I'd love it if left years of his career and money on the table, biding his time here. But let's be realistic.

I’d be going Luko. Trade Bonner, Leinhart, McKenzie, Hartlett (if he is willing to abide) if they are after defensive/rebounders.
Farkk, Motlops contract is due, I’m sure he would have a good 2 years + 1 left at a club like that.
We have a couple attractive players due for contracts or 1 year out. I’d work out first and players into something. Maybe Luko, maybe Rankine. Maybe a closer seat in the front row.

Reminds me of Collingwood's offer to Brisbane in 93/94-ish.

Basically gave them a list of players and said take any 2, remember some of these guys had won the 1990 flag and had Magpie tattoos on them.

In this version we'd be saying take any two:
Hartlett
Ladhams
Bonner
Motlop
Clurey

Followed by maybe a pick swap?

So what are the actual, solid rumours to date?

Potential Ins:
- Jordan Clarke
- Jordan Dawson
- Harrison Petty

Potential Outs (trades, not DFA):
- Hartlett
- Ladhams

Anyone I've missed?

I don’t think their skill sets are particularly similar. SPP is a defensive beast with good goal sense. Narkle is a smooth outside midfielder with great clearance ability.
Where is this ‘good goal sense’ thing coming from?
He’s kicked the least amount of goals of all our forwards by a massive margin.
An 8 goal return for an entire season as a forward is probably one of the lowest returns on goals in the league.
Is there a team that he would walk straight into a best 22? I think hes just a chance to get a game for us as he is anywhere else. Would be stupid for him to seek a trade imo.
Hayes ?

Probably geelong just off the top of my head.

Lycett tho is starting to look a bit banged up. Can see us giving hayes around 3-7 games next year to keep lycett fresh and then trying to sell hayes on signing beyond that as 2023 would be hayes chance to take over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back