24. James Frawley - Link
25. Dean Kent - Link
38. Oscar Clavarino - Link
39. Darragh Joyce - Link
41. Paul Hunter - Link
42. Max Heath - Link
45. Sam Alabakis - Link

To see the full list (it gets updated regularly) visit this thread;

I still say that Billings could be absolutely unleashed if he played wing/halfback vs wing/half forward.

He reads the ball in flight, can hit targets under pressure, understands how to move the ball... Worstcase he gets dragged deep like Caleb Daniel but I'd back Billings to play a bit smarter and try to read the flight vs getting in a wrestle. Even then, Wilkie, Coff and Doogs wont be far away.

I think he should also be heavily in our kick in rotations.

Give him 25 touches off half back and see what happens.

I still say that Billings could be absolutely unleashed if he played wing/halfback vs wing/half forward.

He reads the ball in flight, can hit targets under pressure, understands how to move the ball... Worstcase he gets dragged deep like Caleb Daniel but I'd back Billings to play a bit smarter and try to read the flight vs getting in a wrestle. Even then, Wilkie, Coff and Doogs wont be far away.

I think he should also be heavily in our kick in rotations.

Give him 25 touches off half back and see what happens.
That’s basically what he does as a midfielder though. Most of his touches when he plays on the wing are easy ones in the back half which is a waste of him. Hopefully he plays forward this year and gets back to his 2017 level minus all the misses at goal.

IMO Billing is soft, but he's an outside type, what do people expect? he's never going to be Dunstan or Steele or Ross...

Hill is also soft, but again he's an outside type

that's not a criticism of Hill or Billings either its just not their strength... it'd be like asking why they can't clunk em like Max King can or Ruck like Ryder.

Billings issue isn't his softness though, his issue is he has no consistency for an out side type player at his age. he is not playing on the prospect of potential anymore. he's old enough to s**t or get off the pot IMO

IMO Billing is soft, but he's an outside type, what do people expect? he's never going to be Dunstan or Steele or Ross...

that's not a criticism of Hill or Billings either its just not their strength... it'd be like asking why they can't clunk em like Max King can or Ruck like Ryder.

Billings issue isn't his softness though, his issue is he has no consistency for an out side type player at his age. he is not playing on the prospect of potential anymore. he's old enough to sh*t or get off the pot IMO
Hmmm Strong words...I see your point ...not sure myself, but I guess we will all see this year hopefully.

Just heard a rumour that there has been a bit of a fracas up on the gold coast between Bing and a few players about his future.
They want him to commit to a future at the suns but he has told them that he doesn't want to delve to far into the future and just take it contract by contract. Apparantly his stance had put a few noses out of joint up there and caused friction among the group.

Just heard a rumour that there has been a bit of a fracas up on the gold coast between Bing and a few players about his future.
They want him to commit to a future at the suns but he has told them that he doesn't want to delve to far into the future and just take it contract by contract. Apparantly his stance had put a few noses out of joint up there and caused friction among the group.
interesting if true.

Hopefully they ostracize him and his form drops off, then gets caught hoovering nose beers off a meter maid.
The old future 2nd aught to get it done.

If Merrett wanted to come to us but we had to let billing’s go to make it happen would we do it ?
Not for me in this side merrett is a mid he would be competing with steel and crouch Bill is a high hf can play wing with a rotation in the midfield. Also billings efficiency is far better.

Billings issue isn't his softness though, his issue is he has no consistency for an out side type player at his age. he is not playing on the prospect of potential anymore. he's old enough to sh*t or get off the pot IMO
I don't think billings is soft at all he doesn't go looking for the tuff stuff but if the contact comes he takes it and if he needs to lay a tackle he does. Not every player needs to run gun ho in to a contest

Heard, the same. Not really haven't, however happy to spread it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reilly O'Brien ...... sniff sniff
Hot take, but I'd much prefer O'Brien over B King, and would be happy to offer 2 firsts + a fringe player for him. He'll be the best tap ruck in the comp in the next few years, and would be the perfect pairing with Marshall. But he'd be almost impossible to get, I'd assume.

Hot take, but I'd much prefer O'Brien over B King, and would be happy to offer 2 firsts + a fringe player for him. He'll be the best tap ruck in the comp in the next few years, and would be the perfect pairing with Marshall. But he'd be almost impossible to get, I'd assume.

He would be a great fit, but I don't think we can afford to keep mortgaging the future away.

First round picks are valuable for a few reasons, obviously because you have the potential to nab a star, but also because you are able to have handy depth / developing players on comparably little coin.

A 26 year old O'Brien would make a great duo with Marshall for years to come and address the Ryder replacement, however we would have no currency for any other issues that arise. If we lose any of our players we wouldn't have any developing youngsters to replace them.

For me the ruck strategy should be to keep hitting the state league for the best 25 year olds, look at stop-gap options (ala Ryder and Martin at the dogs) and keep sniffing around those rucks at other clubs ready to break out but limited for opportunity (like we tried with Draper).

Worst case scenario, they are all flops. We can still be a very good side with Marshall as our number 1 ruck.

Just realised that during this year's trade period, there will be no flamingos bookmarking things, nexus people claiming ITK status by going back as far as time itself and being best mates with the first captain of the club and every champion since. No sCoops pestering the likes of Mikka, stavro or MG for inside gossip of what's going to happen....then posting on his own site claiming to be the first to know....

What a time to be alive!!

Just realised that during this year's trade period, there will be no flamingos bookmarking things, nexus people claiming ITK status by going back as far as time itself and being best mates with the first captain of the club and every champion since. No sCoops pestering the likes of Mikka, stavro or MG for inside gossip of what's going to happen....then posting on his own site claiming to be the first to know....

Where did flamingo go??

Well I ain't playing then

Plenty of time for a new oracle to emerge.

Plenty of time for a new oracle to emerge.
8aVC8i3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back