Analysis 2021 trade thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clugg isnt a Black and never will be. You will never see another player like Akker also. He was one different to any other. In saying that, Bailey can be Bailey and go on to learn his craft & become a footballer who does his own things his own way...fingers crossed he does.

No but he has traits that remind me of Black

But how many first round picks could he get us.

Our current midfield will never win a premiership, let's trade out Lachie and Hugh for some magic beans.

No but he has traits that remind me of Black
Whatever people think the game is a lot quicker. Black and Aker were such sublime ball handlers every time they went near it I sometimes wonder if it's possible to do so consistently the way the game is now. The current era great players Fyffe, Dangerfield ,Martin and now Petracca and Wines use power and strength to bludgeon their way through. Albeit Martin is a fantastic ball handler as well.

Our current midfield will never win a premiership, let's trade out Lachie and Hugh for some magic beans.
The disrespect some people show Neale when he's the best player we've had for a long time is fairly bemusing to me. Let's trade out our best player by a long way so we can get some draft picks and maybe get a reward in 3 or 4 years.

Thoughts on possibly getting involved with Fremantle?
Cats apparently want a pick between 8 and 27 (freo’s picks)…. Could we move up the draft?

Thoughts on possibly getting involved with Fremantle?
Cats apparently want a pick between 8 and 27 (freo’s picks)…. Could we move up the draft?

Freo trade 6 and 27 for 14 and Clark
Geelong trade Clark and 30 for 18
We trade 14 and 18 for 6, 27 and 30

We trade 27, 30 and later picks to the Bulldogs for pick 17

We end up with 6 and 17

The disrespect some people show Neale when he's the best player we've had for a long time is fairly bemusing to me. Let's trade out our best player by a long way so we can get some draft picks and maybe get a reward in 3 or 4 years.
Or worse, draft a couple of fails.

Whatever people think the game is a lot quicker. Black and Aker were such sublime ball handlers every time they went near it I sometimes wonder if it's possible to do so consistently the way the game is now. The current era great players Fyffe, Dangerfield ,Martin and now Petracca and Wines use power and strength to bludgeon their way through. Albeit Martin is a fantastic ball handler as well.

Did you see how clean Petracca was in the grand final? Albeit he wasn't as clean in the first quarter, but probably put that down to nerves.

I was impressed with the one grab from a centre clearance or one touch nature of his game on the weekend.

He's strong, and like oliver stands up in tackles to offload the ball, wouldn't go as far to say he uses strength & power to bludgeon his way through packs, there's a lot of skill and touch there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we able to still take Jarrod Cameron if he's delisted? (if we want him)

Last edited:
Did you see how clean Petracca was in the grand final? Albeit he wasn't as clean in the first quarter, but probably put that down to nerves.

I was impressed with the one grab from a centre clearance or one touch nature of his game on the weekend.

He's strong, and like oliver stands up in tackles to offload the ball, wouldn't go as far to say he uses strength & power to bludgeon his way through packs, there's a lot of skill and touch there.
I think I said a while ago Petracca is the best player I've seen come along in a long time. Elite hands when he gets going. Can't stop him.

Very few players can individually change the course of big games. They win you flags. Hart ,Matthews , Carey ,Hodge , Martin , Petracca is just as talented, now needs to keep doing it.

Next level Matera, McCleod but not the consistent impact and presence of the others.

I think I said a while ago Petracca is the best player I've seen come along in a long time. Elite hands when he gets going. Can't stop him.

Very few players can individually change the course of big games. They win you flags. Hart ,Matthews , Carey ,Hodge , Martin , Petracca is just as talented, now needs to keep doing it.

Next level Matera, McCleod but not the consistent impact and presence of the others.

Jarman was handy too ;)

Reckon McCleod was my favourite non Lions player. Amazing footballer.

So you really rate Stef then?

I’d definitely be looking to get starcevich and Rayner into that midfield next year . Would give our midfield a real boost of power and athleticism with Bailey . Neale and Lyons are your accumulators and clugga is the silk . Kiddy goes straight into birchyl roll and then you can have answorth to play lockdown small defender or madden to add some extra run .

Casboult just interviewed on SEN. Didn't give away much, but alluded to a potential move up north more than once. Feels as though he still has a lot to give and is keen to play footy at any level next year.

Not a fan of Casboult (because of injury rumours and anti-vaxxer wife) or Cox because he's too similar to Oscar not mobile enough or good enough in the ruck.

Fort is a bit older than I would've like but probably has similar ability to Fullarton as a forward but is a much better ruck.

Oscar/Fort would be a decent ruck combination until Hippy is fit.

Not a fan of Casboult (because of injury rumours and anti-vaxxer wife) or Cox because he's too similar to Oscar not mobile enough or good enough in the ruck.

Fort is a bit older than I would've like but probably has similar ability to Fullarton as a forward but is a much better ruck.

Oscar/Fort would be a decent ruck combination until Hippy is fit.
Guess the question remains what is the ruck combination when Hippy is back. I don't think Fort can sit on the bench.

Guess the question remains what is the ruck combination when Hippy is back. I don't think Fort can sit on the bench.

I'd assume back to Daniher, although I'd like to try McStay. I'd also hope with 2 rucks we can manage Oscars load so he can finish the year strongly when Hippy is back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back