List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we have to address this issue, create tall depth. Amiss plays like a medium/forward.
JVR, Williams, Benning, Polson, Bazzo are multi positioned.
Only Amiss, JVR, Williams and maybe Bazzo are first round?
Anyone know if it’s possible to re watch the curtain raiser game from yesterday I missed the first half and wanted to rewatch it but can’t seem to find a link or reply.

Anyone know if it’s possible to re watch the curtain raiser game from yesterday I missed the first half and wanted to rewatch it but can’t seem to find a link or reply.
Don't think they've put it up on YouTube yet. They put the first game up so hoping they'll put that one up as well.

Very ordinary today. Other clubs should not even consider him in the first two rounds.
He looked cooked. Was running around slowly and didn't keep up with the play. Looks to be fitness related for me as he has looked much lively in the past.

Motlop looks a long way off WAFL league footy let alone AFL. He looked like a 14 year old kid out there today playing against men.

If Motlop was a dart board with the bullseye being what we need in a small forward, that dart would take flight and bounce so hard off the metal frame based off that performance.

Motlop looks a long way off WAFL league footy let alone AFL. He looked like a 14 year old kid out there today playing against men.
I agree, however one can hope it was because Freo told him to sandbag...but that would be unethical and, after all, we are not the Eagles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My liking for him extends to the belief that he can play mid down the track as well.

He just seems to be a clever, talented footballer and the comparison to Toby Green seems close to the mark for me.
If he does have realistic midfield ability he is much more interesting. We need better midfield depth, and players capable of rotating forward get a premium.

He looked cooked. Was running around slowly and didn't keep up with the play. Looks to be fitness related for me as he has looked much lively in the past.
Yeah I thought the same. It was the lack of chase I noticed the most - some of his defensive efforts were pathetic. 3 disposals and no tackles doesn't add up.

Still averaging over a goal a game at League. Only one League game he hasn't kicked a goal. Not too bad for a tiny 17yo. We'll get to see him on the big stage at Optus, and then I assume he'll play in SA.

If Matthew Johnson and Neil Erasmus were from Oakleigh Chargers or Eastern Ranges, would everyone be so desperate to pick them?

Nice highlights package

Call me a harsh marker but those highlights weren't that impressive. Those games looked low pressure 🤷‍♂️

The package doesn't do him justice because in games it is the frequency with which he consistently with which he gets the ball and then does good things that a highlights package can't show. Some of those highlights are from the first WA versus SA game; if you watch the whole game I think you will find that he was more impressive than that shows up in that snapshot, particularly given SA were under siege much of the game. I haven't seen it yet but he was apparently even more impressive in the second game; again it is the consistency that is really strong coupled with a lot of weaponry that recruiters will really like.

If Matthew Johnson and Neil Erasmus were from Oakleigh Chargers or Eastern Ranges, would everyone be so desperate to pick them?

I am not keen on Johnson at our current first pick range anyway but I think even if Erasmus was from a Vic Metro club I would be interested if he was around our first; conversely that is why I think he will go earlier than our pick; one of the other clubs will want to take him because I think he is probably on the heels of the Top 4.

The package doesn't do him justice because in games it is the frequency with which he consistently with which he gets the ball and then does good things that a highlights package can't show. Some of those highlights are from the first WA versus SA game; if you watch the whole game I think you will find that he was more impressive than that shows up in that snapshot, particularly given SA were under siege much of the game. I haven't seen it yet but he was apparently even more impressive in the second game; again it is the consistency that is really strong coupled with a lot of weaponry that recruiters will really like.

I am not keen on Johnson at our current first pick range anyway but I think even if Erasmus was from a Vic Metro club I would be interested if he was around our first; conversely that is why I think he will go earlier than our pick; one of the other clubs will want to take him because I think he is probably on the heels of the Top 4.
So can you confirm if he has speed or a left kick because to me it looks like he has neither?

The SA U19 trial match also gets run in those highlights and the conditions were genuinely dreadful, he was the only one hitting targets in that entire match

On NWM Davo-27 had this to say "Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera is just all class, was ok in the first half, but really helped SA comeback and nearly steal the win".
Admittedly i still haven't seen the first 2/3 but what i saw his i50's we top notch and a large part of why SA almost stole the win. I would expect good thing of him playing on the wings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back