List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, and that is probably a considerable part of why they're not at the club anymore.
You sound confident things are on the right track. How many KPFs did we add to the club last season? I have a total of 1, and he was taken with our most speculative, last minute, Hail Mary selection.

I think the rules came for NGA metro from 2019 . I thought I read somewhere,but now I found it. So basically metro NGA rule remain the same and only regional NGA is changed to pick 20 onwards this year and 40 next year. But metro remain same which is 40 onwards always.. and motlop is metro .
This still makes no sense to me.

JUH was drafted (after matching) just last year (the last draft) at #1. They said next year only top #20 couldn't be matched and the following year it would be top #40.

McArdle is normally pretty good but I think he's confused with this one.

Under the revised rules, players who attract bids in the 20-40 range will have to be matched under usual Academy rules while all players selected from pick No.41 onwards can be matched by their club using the next available selection.

The phase out of the NGA program will continue in 2022, with bids on nominated NGA prospects only able to be matched from pick 41 onwards.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

You sound confident things are on the right track. How many KPFs did we add to the club last season? I have a total of 1, and he was taken with our most speculative, last minute, Hail Mary selection.
Better than throwing away our draft picks for players with terrible work ethic and personal issues just to avoid doing a real rebuild, and go with a re-plumb, re-stump half ass job, that breaks down as soon as any of those players we trade in go bust...

I think the rules came for NGA metro from 2019 . I thought I read somewhere,but now I found it. So basically metro NGA rule remain the same and only regional NGA is changed to pick 20 onwards this year and 40 next year. But metro remain same which is 40 onwards always.. and motlop is metro .
Yep, it seems the media articles (eg Twomey/McArdle/etc) previously saying we had access if picked inside 20 were wrong from the start - it seems it was always 40 - so the latest "our chances taken a hit" headlines are also BS because it is very unlikely a surprise to our recruiters. I think if that rule change didn't come in then he wouldn't have been eligible for our NGA at all because he is metro. I think he's lived in Cockburn with his mother since starting school (so he knows the area well - seems to have his head screwed on right so being close to family isn't a bad thing).

Although seems it is unlikely we'll get him now. We need to prioritise tall forwards but a small that can actually kick goals would be valuable with a 2nd round pick. I am still hopeful we somehow have a number of 1st and 2nd round picks to grab (mostly WA based) natural goal kicking forwards. 2-3 of JVR, Williams, Amiss, Motlop would be great... and I'd use a Cat B on Bartlett. If we end up with multiple 1sts and one is early enough then Erasmus or Sinn would be ok as well but we simply can't end the draft period without 2+ additional tall forwards on our list.

I think they were hoping to use Sturt as a deep forward and play that roll.
Also Fyfe forward a lot more.
Not saying we’re deeply under represented with KPF but there’s more room for mistakes if he also wasn’t ruled out for the year

Yep, it seems the media articles (eg Twomey/McArdle/etc) previously saying we had access if picked inside 20 were wrong from the start - it seems it was always 40 - so the latest "our chances taken a hit" headlines are also BS because it is very unlikely a surprise to our recruiters. I think if that rule change didn't come in then he wouldn't have been eligible for our NGA at all because he is metro. I think he's lived in Cockburn with his mother since starting school (so he knows the area well - seems to have his head screwed on right so being close to family isn't a bad thing).

Although seems it is unlikely we'll get him now. We need to prioritise tall forwards but a small that can actually kick goals would be valuable with a 2nd round pick. I am still hopeful we somehow have a number of 1st and 2nd round picks to grab (mostly WA based) natural goal kicking forwards. 2-3 of JVR, Williams, Amiss, Motlop would be great... and I'd use a Cat B on Bartlett. If we end up with multiple 1sts and one is early enough then Erasmus or Sinn would be ok as well but we simply can't end the draft period without 2+ additional tall forwards on our list.
Spot on

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

PSA footy: Kaleb Smith, Marshall Browne, Luke Kelly, Lachlan Turley and more impress in round 11
Jordan McArdle and Mitchell WoodcockThe West Australian
Thu, 29 July 2021 2:11PM

Hale's Marshall Browne starred at the weekend.

Hale's Marshall Browne starred at the weekend. Credit: Kelsey Reid/The West Australian

Kaleb Smith (Wesley)
The midfielder-forward had arguably his best game in the PSA, kicking an equal game-high four goals as well as racking up the disposals in the midfield.
Smith even put the win beyond doubt in the final quarter with one of the goals of the year, getting the centre clearance before running to the 50m arc and slotting the six pointer.
It was a sensational effort and put his name in the minds of many.

Arthur Jones (Wesley)
The co-captain stood tall whenever the winless Trinity did their best to fight back into the game.
Jones’ efforts were beyond sensational, especially in the last term when he dominated through the midfield and kicked two crucial goals.
The dynamo earned praise from coach Michael Broadbridge and is on track to finish the season as one of the most interesting draft prospects in WA.
PSA. Wesley v Guildford at Wesley College in South Perth. PIctured - Arthur Jones of Wesley celebrates a goal. Picture - Justin Benson-Cooper / The West Australian

Arthur Jones was among Wesley’s best. Credit: Justin Benson-Cooper/The West Australian

Jedd Busslinger (Trinity)
The defender stood tall all game and Trinity’s loss would have been a lot worse than it was.
Busslinger won a number of one-on-one contests, took crucial marks and saved a number of goals.
A growth spurt in 2021 has helped him unbelievably, but his talent for reading the play has him standing above a lot of other young defenders.
His form earned him a late call-up to the injury-hit State 19s squad.

Marshall Browne (Hale)
Browne is the unsung hero of Hale’s midfield who stepped up in the absence of higher profile guns Neil Erasmus and Richie Farmer against Guildford.
The Hale vice-captain has become an in-and-under midfielder this season after playing mainly as a small forward last year.
He’s averaging around 20 possessions per game and loves the contested footy.
Browne finished with 19 disposals, seven clearances, six marks and four tackles in a well-rounded performance as Hale held off a fast-finishing Guildford.
One blight on his game was his goal-kicking, missing one on the run from 15m out directly in front.

Lachlan Turley (Aquinas)
The influential swingman stood tall down back as Aquinas easily accounted for Christ Church to keep their Alcock Cup hopes well and truly alive.
Turley reeled a whopping 14 marks, including nine intercepts, and used the ball with his trademark class by foot.

Fletcher Netherway (Christ Church)
The in-form Christ Church midfielder held up his end of the bargain in a tough loss, racking up a game-high 34 possessions.
Netherway was an important contributor in an engine-room missing captain and State 19s representative Angus Sheldrick.
His impressive stat line also included seven clearances, seven inside 50s and five tackles.

Luke Kelly (Guildford)
The hard-working Guildford midfielder was arguably his school’s best in a losing cause against Hale.
He was strong in the coalface, amassing a team-high seven clearances to go with 21 disposals, and laid several strong tackles.
Kelly used the ball well with his booming left boot and ran hard to get from contest to contest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not that it matters as Erasmus was never going to make it past top 20 but (apart from the obvious- he’s exactly type of player we need , outside kpfs) would dearly love to grab him just for the extra s**t we could hang on WC for “letting him slip” lol

I’d like to Think of it kinda like how we STILL get ragged on for “giving up”Mathew Lloyd

Not that it matters as Erasmus was never going to make it past top 20 but (apart from the obvious- he’s exactly type of player we need , outside kpfs) would dearly love to grab him just for the extra sh*t we could hang on WC for “letting him slip” lol

I’d like to Think of it kinda like how we STILL get ragged on for “giving up”Mathew Lloyd
I wish everyone would just keep quiet on Erasmus, he’s getting too much press.

Every year this board anoints a draft favourite, a darling if you will.

To that end I'd like to congratulate Neil Erasmus for overtaking the strangely forgotten Jacob Van Rooyen to currently sit in pole position for the title this year.

While the race is not over yet, Mr Erasmus has built up some good momentum and is looking hard to beat at this stage.

Every year this board anoints a draft favourite, a darling if you will.

To that end I'd like to congratulate Neil Erasmus for overtaking the strangely forgotten Jacob Van Rooyen to currently sit in pole position for the title this year.

While the race is not over yet, Mr Erasmus has built up some good momentum and is looking hard to beat at this stage.
JVR is now on everyone's radar for our 2nd as per his apparent slip down rankings (probs due to illness). I'm sure whichever forward does best at the champs will be very popular.

He would need to be pick #21.

That should be as simple as the news cameras being conveniently there to see him put in the back of a police car after a night out - to be dropped at Kerry Stoke's place for a nice game of hide and seek where Trevor hides $25,000 cash somewhere in the house and Erasmus seeks it.

Mac Andrew actually looks like a monster!! Imagine when he puts on some weight!!! Him or Erasmus?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back