List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

He should still be there at 50 plus if not higher.
Our pick 61 will likely move forward to the 50’s. I like Sheldrick. His Claremont finals series and these 19’s games have pushed him up to the tail end of 2nd round. Reminds me of Kyal Horsley for some reason.

Interesting how we all see the game differently. I liked the game of Jack Williams. Took a couple of good clunks in the backline and would have taken another if Avery didn’t jump in and spoil him. Also quite decent in the ruck. Possibly could gain a yard of pace but he is a big lad.

I don't want us to draft Sheldrick. Maybe if we hadn't overloaded the list with short people over the last several years, but we have to stop adding small midfielders. Not having a go at Sheldrick, it's more about our list profile. Obviously if Neale comes back in a few years then that will be great, but that is a completely different story with his proven ability.

I don't want us to draft Sheldrick. Maybe if we hadn't overloaded the list with short people over the last several years, but we have to stop adding small midfielders. Not having a go at Sheldrick, it's more about our list profile. Obviously if Neale comes back in a few years then that will be great, but that is a completely different story with his proven ability.
I really like Sheldrick but I'm with you - no more short people unless they can kick lots of goals. So that really only leaves 2 in this draft's pool imo...

Rachele - would probably become our best small forward next year.
Motlop - likely he'd be our best small forward instantly as well.

I'd happily ignore everyone else in the pool that is sub 188cm :) Well unless JHF has a tent incident and slides to our first pick.

I really like Sheldrick but I'm with you - no more short people unless they can kick lots of goals. So that really only leaves 2 in this draft's pool imo...

I'd happily ignore everyone else in the pool that is sub 188cm :) Well unless JHF has a tent incident and slides to our first pick.
We could have room for Sheldrick imo. It looks like we will use our first pick on a tall mid Callaghan/Erasmus and we have added Brodie to the engine room. We have Caleb and Andy as our smaller mids so I think we have room for one more. Preferably we would want this smaller mid to be handy around goals. Therefore Ward/Rachele would be perfect.

We could have room for Sheldrick imo. It looks like we will use our first pick on a tall mid Callaghan/Erasmus and we have added Brodie to the engine room. We have Caleb and Andy as our smaller mids so I think we have room for one more. Preferably we would want this smaller mid to be handy around goals. Therefore Ward/Rachele would be perfect.
Western.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At WAFL level games that I’ve seen Western play I have really rated him. He is quick. I am hopeful with more game time and another preseason he won’t look as lost as he did in the 4 games he played. At 174cm he is definitely in the small bracket.
My real point is that we have him (and also Crowden) as smalls who can play in the engine room. Sheldrick was amongst the best in a bog ordinary game. I can see the attraction, but I would pass.

Assuming Lobb is traded I am hoping 2xf2s. We will get enough of the cream from this draft with our existing picks.

I'd happily ignore everyone else in the pool that is sub 188cm Well unless JHF has a tent incident and slides to our first pick.

I’m sorry but i think you’re underrating our current smalls, particularly Schultz. Him, Switta and Sturt have shown they are AFL quality without being elite.

If Rachele or Motlop are our best small forward next season, then that’s top three in the rising star territory and that would be fantastic.

Motlop’s WAFL form would suggest he’s not ready to play AFL footy early next season but stranger things have happened.

My real point is that we have him (and also Crowden) as smalls who can play in the engine room. Sheldrick was amongst the best in a bog ordinary game. I can see the attraction, but I would pass.

Assuming Lobb is traded I am hoping 2xf2s. We will get enough of the cream from this draft with our existing picks.
Should have said “ agreed” with you because I do😁

I’m sorry but i think you’re underrating our current smalls, particularly Schultz. Him, Switta and Sturt have shown they are AFL quality without being elite.

If Rachele or Motlop are our best small forward next season, then that’s top three in the rising star territory and that would be fantastic.

Motlop’s WAFL form would suggest he’s not ready to play AFL footy early next season but stranger things have happened.
Switta and Sturt would be great in our forward line if we could keep them on the park. Shultz isn’t an explosive sprint forward type-love him but we need some speed.

Im not sure on Motlop, doesnt hit the scoreboard enough for me. Good pressure but im not sold.

Sturt certainly isn't a small. I also don't think Switta is a small forward - I think he is a half forward/mid. Probably unfair on Schultz though - however there are reasons he was a late pick - in his case maybe not next year but the year after?

If we are picking Rachele using our pick #6 then I'd kind of hope he had the potential to become our best small forward using such a high pick. He was one of the best in the Academy v Geelong VFL game which is the main reason I rate him. Similarly Motlop, who certainly has the talent and could go one of two ways in a professional environment. Both talented with ball in hand. The fact that both can kick goals from outside 50 and know how to tackle against senior bodies is a bonus.

If we had drafted Kysaiah Pickett do you think he would he be our best small forward this year? That is what I'd be hoping for from picking up Rachele and/or Motlop.

Im not sure on Motlop, doesnt hit the scoreboard enough for me. Good pressure but im not sold.
Think it depends on what he costs. I see a heap of development potential particularly around his fitness - the talent is there in spades. If he somehow lasted past #40 we'd be laughing imo because he'd effectively be a free hit. Increase his endurance and speed (both possible) and he'd impact more often. He still bobs up for a goal a game at League level at only 17 without being in peak shape. If I wasn't in Freo's position (NGA linked) I'm not so sure I'd spend a top 40 pick on him though. Is the risk/reward worth it for other clubs?

Switta and Sturt would be great in our forward line if we could keep them on the park. Shultz isn’t an explosive sprint forward type-love him but we need some speed.
I still think Sturt is the most exciting player on our list for a number of reasons if we can only keep him on the park.

One of only a couple who can kick a goal from outside 50 (along with Treacy and maybe Darcy)
Good overhead and hard to match up on.
One of the quickest players on our list.
And that special lead up in between player we are all crying out for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back