List Mgmt. 2021 Young Talent Time

Remove this Banner Ad

Either the draft experts not selecting tall forwards and grabbing more mids tells me they know nothing or all on here crying out for a tall forward are idiots.
But just think Salim... We could draft a couple of midfielders instead, develop them for 4 years and get a top 10 pick for each of them that we can then use to desperately lure home a couple of forwards that manage to get on the park for a combined total of games you can count on one hand, before one retires with a career ending injury and the other we trade out for a packet of chips due to their off field issues.

Then us supporters can continue to complain about never winning a premiership whilst simultaneously calling for us to draft more midfielders. Or maybe some more rucks because they are really tall, so that's even better than a tall forward isn't it because they are taller? The important thing is we avoid anyone that has shown they can kick lots of goals. Find the athletes and then hope they can learn to kick goals is clearly the best strategy.

Why would we be dead set on Andrew? He doesn't fix our forwardline issue and doesn't replace Cerra. I would only pull the trigger on two of Erasmus, Rachele, JVR, and Draper.
You would have to ask Walls, who studies these players all year, not just a couple of weeks. I would be surprised if we end up with any of those players tbh. Maybe Rachele.

Where is the BF mock draft? Does someone have a link?

That is a portal to a universe that eats up your day. Enter with caution.

Would you be upset if we took both Mac Andrew and Jye Amiss mate?
I know you aren't asking me, but I'd be happy.

However... I think Amiss is not going to be a #1 KPF for us, and I'm not even certain what Andrew becomes. If we are getting him as a forward/ruck prospect we could have a faster route and grab one next year.

Personally I don't mind what Chris25 has done although I am a bit fixated on either Erasmus or Johnson.

I know you aren't asking me, but I'd be happy.

However... I think Amiss is not going to be a #1 KPF for us, and I'm not even certain what Andrew becomes. If we are getting him as a forward/ruck prospect we could have a faster route and grab one next year.

Personally I don't mind what Chris25 has done although I am a bit fixated on either Erasmus or Johnson.
In fairness, he didn't have access to Erasmus because Ysaye went bang for Gold Coast.

I like the Rachele pick. But if we then picked an outside only player that isn't lightning quick I might lose my s**t. Like everyone I like the skills of NWM but which top 8 team is playing a winger like him? Or are people thinking we'd play him as a HFF? Or a HBF (can never have too many!)?

Melbourne - Langdon & Brayshaw - nope
Dogs - Smith & Hunter - nope
Geelong - Duncan & Smith - nope

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get all this talk with Rachele and Wanganeen-Milera, while these players have x-factor there are better options. We are starved for big forwards and big body midfielders, not to mention that Lobb will possibly try and seek options elsewhere again next year. There is an abundance of the types of players that we need who are extremely talented and are also local which means they are not going to head back to Victoria.

I don't get all this talk with Rachele and Wanganeen-Milera, while these players have x-factor there are better options. We are starved for big forwards and big body midfielders, not to mention that Lobb will possibly try and seek options elsewhere again next year. There is an abundance of the types of players that we need who are extremely talented and are also local which means they are not going to head back to Victoria.

How many quality small forwards do we have?

I think someone like Rachele with his skill and class can really change the entire dynamic of our forward line. How much better would we be if we had a Toby Greene / Jamie Elliott type in our forward line pinch hitting in the midfield? If our recruiters think someone like Rachele can give us that sort of output he is absolutely worth a top 10 pick.

Last edited:
I'm trying to find some highlights of Rachelle, something that makes me understand why he is rated so highly on here

All these ones show is him getting 5 metres on a lead on his opponent every time, that doesn't happen at AFL level, is there a highlights package I am missing?

Mitch Knevitt may be available at 19.
if we decided to take him it could open things right up.
we could take Andrew and Rachele.

or we take Erasmus or Goater with Andrew and take Sam Butler later.
i still have a feeling Motlop may last past 40.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back