2022 22 under 22 team

Remove this Banner Ad

Good team, but surely Noah Anderson would have to be there?

Yes, I think you're right (he was on my bench originally). However, I have double checked Zac Bailey and he turns 23 the day before the Grand Final so is ineligible by 24 hours. This creates a spot for Anderson who probably should have been in regardless.

Here's my first crack at it. Probably forgotten someone which will make me edit it. Zac Bailey is ineligible before you ask.

1660030539752.png

Jackson and Pickett the only realistic chances from Melbourne. EDIT: Petty too.

James Jordon is having an underrated year on the wing (21.3 disposals at 80% efficiency) but no way he gets anywhere near some of the midfielders that will make the team.

Last edited:
Here's my first crack at it. Probably forgotten someone which will make me edit it. Zac Bailey is ineligible before you ask.

View attachment 1471187
Looks pretty good, though Blakey may get in ahead of Coleman, as Coleman has only played 13 games. I'd have Butters ahead of Ginnivan too

Jackson and Pickett the only realistic chances from Melbourne.

James Jordon is having an underrated year on the wing (21.3 disposals at 80% efficiency, but no way he gets anywhere near some of the midfielders that will make the team.
I put a post on twitter a while ago and will reiterate, that I'd like to signal that I am on the James Jordon bandwagon for next season, 3rd year breakout is coming. Will be an absolute jet.

Looks pretty good, though Blakey may get in ahead of Coleman, as Coleman has only played 13 games. I'd have Butters ahead of Ginnivan too
Probably fair point re. Coleman.

As far as Ginnivan, you may think me biased, but 34 goals (2nd leading goalkicker) for the current 2nd placed team, I have him ahead of Butters who I think hasn't hit the heights I expected. This is a combination of being frustrated with him in AFL Fantasy, lots of knocks and bruises and niggling injuries, and less centre bounce than I think he deserves.

Probably fair point re. Coleman.

As far as Ginnivan, you may think me biased, but 34 goals (2nd leading goalkicker) for the current 2nd placed team, I have him ahead of Butters who I think hasn't hit the heights I expected. This is a combination of being frustrated with him in AFL Fantasy, lots of knocks and bruises and niggling injuries, and less centre bounce than I think he deserves.
Yeah that's fair. 34 goals in his first full season is a really good effort. Line ball I think, as despite the injuries, Butters is still an excellent player for a 21-year-old. Both probably deserve to make it, but looks like the best 22 under 22 team in years

Yeah that's fair. 34 goals in his first full season is a really good effort. Line ball I think, as despite the injuries, Butters is still an excellent player for a 21-year-old. Both probably deserve to make it, but looks like the best 22 under 22 team in years
Butters as sub, maybe come on and straight line someone from the opposition. Wouldn't be unusual. Haha

H.Young-S.De Koning-K.Coleman
N.Daicos-T.Mccartin-I.Quaynor
B.Smith-A.Brayshaw-S.Walsh (C)
E.Gulden-A.Naughton-C.Rozee
K.Pickett-M.King-I.Rankine
L.Jackson-N.Anderson-C.Warner
C.Serong-Z.Butters-T.Green-J.Clark

First crack at it, have probably missed a few but it's quite hard off the top of your head
Jeez Naughton is only 22? I thought he was older!

Chad Warner would be first picked IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

First crack at it, have probably missed a few but it's quite hard off the top of your head
Yep looks good. Although Newcombe should get a gig on the bench at least.

Not bad. Think Newcombe gets a run ahead ot Clarke.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Not bad. Think Newcombe gets a run ahead ot Clarke.

On SM-A125F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Fair enough but I think with newcombe there would be too many mids. I think newcombe will end up In it but I just think Walsh, Brayshaw, Smith, Anderson, Warner, Serong, Butters, Rozee and Green is more then enough on ballers.

Definitely looks a strong batch this season, no Gryan Miers types in this year’s team. 😁

My list of players worthy of consideration, with the * next to players who have genuinely strong cases for this year, the ones without stars likely to come into the picture more next year based on expected improvement from strong output this year:

Adelaide - Sam Berry(20 yrs) Rachele(19)

Brisbane - *Coleman(22)

Carlton - *Cerra(22) *Walsh(21)

Collingwood - *N Daicos(19)

Essendon - *Caldwell(21)

Fremantle - *Brayshaw(22) *Clark(21) *Serong(21) *Young(21) Chapman(20) O’Driscoll(20)

GWS - *Green(21) Ash(21)

Geelong - *DeKoning(21)

Gold Coast - *Rankine(22) *Anderson(21) *Rowell(21)

Hawthorn - Jai Newcombe(21)

Melbourne - *Pickett(21) *Jackson(20)

North - Nil(I am sure some of their guys will show up much better when the team starts functioning better)

Port Adelaide - *Rozee(22) *Butters(21) Georgiades(20) Bergman(20)

Richmond - Cumberland(21)

St Kilda - *Max King(22)

Sydney - *T McCartin(22) *Blakey(22) *McInerney(21) *Rowbottom(21) Stephens(21) *Warner(21) *Gulden(20)

Eagles - nil

Western Bulldogs - *Naughton(22) *Smith(21)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To fashion that into a coherent team:

Back 7

McCartin Dekoning
Daicos Coleman Young Blakey Clark

Wing 3 - Anderson Gulden Smith

Mid 4 - Brayshaw Green Walsh Warner

Rucks - Jackson/King

Forward 7

Pickett Rankine Rozee Butters Caldwell
King Naughton

Players very unlucky to miss who would make it most years: Rowell, Serong

Last edited:
Probably also think Blakey deserves to be in that team. Maybe Quaynor is the unlucky one that he replaces.

Not sure Tom Green has had a better season than Martin.
It was between Blakey and Quaynor for Mine but I went Quaynor as I think he is better defensively and brings pressure where it is needed in a very attack heavy backline.

Definitely looks a strong batch this season, no Gryan Miers types in this year’s team. 😁

My list of players worthy of consideration, with the * next to players who have genuinely strong cases for this year, the ones without stars likely to come into the picture more next year based on expected improvement from strong output this year:

Adelaide - Sam Berry(20 yrs) Rachele(19)

Brisbane - *Coleman(22)

Carlton - *Cerra(22) *Walsh(21)

Collingwood - *N Daicos(19)

Essendon - *Caldwell(21)

Fremantle - *Brayshaw(22) *Clark(21) *Serong(21) *Young(21) Chapman(20) O’Driscoll(20)

GWS - *Green(21) Ash(21)

Geelong - *DeKoning(21)

Gold Coast - *Rankine(22) *Anderson(21) *Rowell(21)

Melbourne - *Pickett(21) *Jackson(20)

North - Nil(I am sure some of their guys will show up much better when the team starts functioning better)

Port Adelaide - *Rozee(22) *Butters(21) Georgiades(20) Bergman(20)

Richmond - Cumberland(21)

St Kilda - *Max King(22)

Sydney - *T McCartin(22) *Blakey(22) *McInerney(21) *Rowbottom(21) Stephens(21) *Warner(21) *Gulden(20)

Eagles - nil

Western Bulldogs - *Naughton(22) *Smith(21)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To fashion that into a coherent team:

Back 7

McCartin Dekoning
Daicos Coleman Young Blakey Clark

Wing 3 - Anderson Mcinerney Smith

Mid 4 - Brayshaw Green Walsh Warner

Rucks - Jackson/King

Forward 7

Gulden Rankine Rozee Butters Caldwell
King Naughton

Players very unlucky to miss who would make it most years: Rowell, Serong, probably Pickett
You can add Noah Balta to Richmond's

To be eligible for selection, players must be aged 22 or under for the entire season (including finals).

Which is stupid given it is called "22 under 22". Naughton was already 22 on 1 January 2022, so he has been 22 or over for the entire season.

Either they should actually pick players who were are under 22 for the entire season, or at the start of the season, or call it 22 under 23.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back