2023/24 German Leagues - On beIN Sports (DFB-Pokal on Optus)

Remove this Banner Ad

The lower tiers of German football have already started their season and it looks like it is going to a tough season for Karlsruher, they lost their opening game 5-0 last week and at halftime today they are already down 3-0.:(

EDIT: Karlsruher ending up losing 3-2.

1658709145803.png

There are a number of big teams in the second tier this season starting with Hamburger SV, Numberg, Hannover 96 and Kaiserslautern who have all won multiple German titles, although in some cases most pre-1963.

Like Karlsruher, Kaiserslautern have worked their way back into the second tier after spending three or four season in the third, it will be interesting to see how they perform.

Hamburger have been in the second tier for five or six seasons and just missed promotion last season, losing in the playoffs, I'd expect them to go one better and win promotion this season, with Hannover, Rostock and the two relegated teams the best chances for the remaining promotion spot.

Last edited:
Jackson Irvine scoring equaliser for St Pauli in fifth min of inj time. Poor start for the two relegated teams Furth and Bielefeld who are currently trailing 0-2 …meaning one point between the two of them in opening two games

Is there any way to legally watch Bundesliga 2 games in Australia?
Not that I know although interestingly they’ve scheduled Kaiserslautern v St Pauli on BEIN this weekend. First time I can remember them showing a B2 game on there. Hopefully we get more during the season.

There are a couple of Aussies at St Pauli IIRC so it makes sense they would show a game or 2 of theirs.
Went to their first round match a few weeks ago and got hooked, Jackson Irvine scored the first goal.

Got the Irvine jersey coming in the mail

20220716_130420.jpg

In all honestly, if HSV don’t win promotion this year it’s a disaster. Two very weak relegated teams have come down, and they’ve got the strongest squad on paper by a mile. They’re my rip to go up, along with probably Paderborn… and ‘Lautern as a dark horse. That would be unbelievable for German football.

Great to watch Jackson Irvine captaining St Pauli yesterday, and Connor Metcalfe coming on in the closing stages. Irvine is having a great season 4 games in, exactly what’s needed in a WC year.

da491fbe2b293d5e410b391469f82f91.jpg

In the top league, the first two places are as expected - but even early on, the signs aren’t great for Leverkusen or Leipzig. Leverkusen have lost to Dortmund away and Augsburg at home, as well as losing to a newly promoted 3.Liga team in the cup. Leipzig also not performing well - two uninspiring draws against Köln and Stuttgart.

My tip - Tedesco is the first to lose his job this season - and Marco Rose will be back in the red bull family before Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of Aussies at St Pauli IIRC so it makes sense they would show a game or 2 of theirs.

If you already use a VPN - download the OneFootball app. Brasillian provider that has the BL and 2.BL rights. Just need to location march to Brasil and it’s all free.

If you already use a VPN - download the OneFootball app. Brasillian provider that has the BL and 2.BL rights. Just need to location march to Brasil and it’s all free.

That is helpful as a Gladbach supporter. Many times I have looked for a decent stream for games but have been unable to find one.

That is helpful as a Gladbach supporter. Many times I have looked for a decent stream for games but have been unable to find one.

Goals always sound so much better with Portuguese commentary too … GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Wow. What an finish to the game by Bremen pinching all the points.
Crazy finish but don’t think Bremen deserved to be 0-2 down. Still Dortmund left way too much space for them.

Leverkusen and Leipzig poor starts may see some early coaching changes if it continues

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bremen should have really won 0-3 if we’re being honest. The two goals were from outside the box, low xG. Starting without our striker, our two first choice wingers, a DM and having to play with Emre Can from the 18min mark really didn’t help.

Also I find it a bit rich when the media are all on Dortmunds back, yet the cans and Leverkusen are both at the bottom.

KSC followed their 6-0 win away to Regensburg with a 2-0 win against Rostock this evening. After a poor start to the season they have won their last three to work their way into the top half of the table and a game from the promotion spots.

A long way to go, but a least we are heading in the right direction. :)

So this week so far, Red Bull lost, Volkswagen lost, SAP industries lost, Bayer Pharmaceuticals lost, Bayern didn’t win, Schalke didn’t win and BVB held a team to 0 for the third time in 5 games.

I’ll take that.

Pretty random, but I’ve got a spare ticket with the Dortmund away fans for our game against Leipzig this weekend. If anyone on this board is travelling in Germany now and wants to come along, let me know

So Red Bull have fired Tedesco with immediate effect.

His probable replacement - Marco Rose.

Leipzig’s next two games - BVB and BMG

Leipzig’s incoming Sporting Director - Max Eberl (who hired Rose at Gladbach)

Great start at Leipzig by Rose ….Dortmund very disappointing
That was a really s**t game to watch tbh. Our ultras boycotting as usual, so atmosphere from our side was woeful in the stadium. Our 3 first choice wingers are all injured, so we had to go with Brandt and Wolf. No idea why we signed Modeste, he's not offering anything.

Was fully expecting Leipzig to win that game - but not expecting us to play so poorly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back