Live Event 2022-23 NBA FINALS - Denver Nuggets * vs Miami Heat (* denotes home court advantage)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship

• Denver in 4

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Denver in 5

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Denver in 6

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Denver in 7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Miami in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami in 6

• Miami in 7

• Don't let us get one

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the 4th quarter. Proper hectic.

Jokic stats for the playoffs, ridiculous (if not already mentioned). No matter how amazing Jamal was, Jokic was on another level. Has any player come close to a comparison on this?

1686646920662.png

Jokic had the most efficient 30ppg in a championship run ever (there were only a few more efficient 30ppg runs in play-off history, eg KD in 19, but they didn't end in winning the ring).

He also lead the entire play-offs in points, boards and assists.

Across the entire play-offs he averaged:
30 points
13.5 reboards
9.5 assists

Shooting 54.8% from the field and 46.1% from deep.

Simply incredible. One of the all time greatest play-offs runs.

If his teammates hit some more of their open shots on days like today he could have averaged a triple dub.

Just amazing.

As someone mentioned a few days ago, the amount of things that have to go your way to get to this point is incredible.

Giannis going down
Grizzlies imploding
CP3 getting injured at the worst possible time again
Bostons schizophrenia
The Lakers pissfarting around for 3 qtrs of the season before having to go on a run just to MAKE the playoffs that ultimately left them with an empty tank when it came to crunch time.

asterisk title?

;)

Congratulations nuggets from a devoted heat fan… Jokic is the basketball version of Tony Lockett, once he is done he will be one of the goats and we will never hear from him again.
Maaaate...there's only one Tony Lockett

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jokic had the most efficient 30ppg in a championship run ever (there were only a few more efficient 30ppg runs in play-off history, eg KD in 19, but they didn't end in winning the ring).

He also lead the entire play-offs in points, boards and assists.

Across the entire play-offs he averaged:
30 points
13.5 reboards
9.5 assists

Shooting 54.8% from the field and 46.1% from deep.

Simply incredible. One of the all time greatest play-offs runs.

If his teammates hit some more of their open shots on days like today he could have averaged a triple dub.
Totally agree it was incredible but the bolded is one of my least favourite points i see from NBA fans. It is mentioned all the time but if they missed more open shots he would have averaged less assists. Fact is players miss open looks all the time. He is has pretty good supporting cast of shooters to hit shots off his looks.

I think everyone fell in love with Denver once you swept LeBum Lame and The Fakers.

An humiliation LeBron Stans and Lakers fans so richly deserved :D
Humiliated?

A guy in year 20 and almost 40 years old playing on a bum foot made it just as far as the 'next dynasty' in the Celtics. They over achieved this year, nothing to be embarrassed about.

Are these Nuggets the most likeable NBA Champions since the 08 Celtics?

There isn't one player on their roster I can't begrudge winning a chip, plus they have such a great fans.

A
Tom Hardy Bait GIF

Iason is in Denver as we post.

Iason can you try to explain the vibe?

First off, this will always be a Broncos town. No matter what season it is, you'll always see people wearing orange and that's just the way it is, but the city throughout this season has really taken to the Nuggets in a way they don't really do for any of the other teams, even the Avalanche last year. Game days have been lots of fun, and the bars in LoDo (Lower Downtown, where you'll find most of the big sports bars, by Coors Field) have been way more packed out for the Nuggets than any of the other Denver teams. It's been raining on and off here for about 2-3 weeks now, and McGregor Square was packed, rain or shine, with fans. ( )

After the game was won everyone emptied out on to the streets. There were chants, flag waving, people climbing poles, people on building roofs and fire escapes, girls on top of cars doing some stuff, people hugging and genuine happiness. This will be the 3rd Championship Parade in Denver since I moved here 11 years ago, and this might be the most fun one I attend if last night was anything to go by.

Back