Live Event 2022-23 NBA FINALS - Denver Nuggets * vs Miami Heat (* denotes home court advantage)

Who will win the 2022-23 NBA Championship

• Denver in 4

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Denver in 5

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Denver in 6

Votes: 8 20.5%
  • Denver in 7

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Miami in 4

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami in 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Miami in 6

• Miami in 7

• Don't let us get one

Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Watched an interview between GOATkic and that extremely attractive analyst/host (featured in the picture above) that does the show with Jefferson and Kendrick Jerkins. It seems that he has already misplaced the MVP trophy.

I figured he'd lose it once he got home to Serbia, but not this soon.

First off, this will always be a Broncos town. No matter what season it is, you'll always see people wearing orange and that's just the way it is, but the city throughout this season has really taken to the Nuggets in a way they don't really do for any of the other teams, even the Avalanche last year. Game days have been lots of fun, and the bars in LoDo (Lower Downtown, where you'll find most of the big sports bars, by Coors Field) have been way more packed out for the Nuggets than any of the other Denver teams. It's been raining on and off here for about 2-3 weeks now, and McGregor Square was packed, rain or shine, with fans. ( )

After the game was won everyone emptied out on to the streets. There were chants, flag waving, people climbing poles, people on building roofs and fire escapes, girls on top of cars doing some stuff, people hugging and genuine happiness. This will be the 3rd Championship Parade in Denver since I moved here 11 years ago, and this might be the most fun one I attend if last night was anything to go by.

Read some drugged up Campaigner went around and shot 10 or so people in the celebrations.

Reckon an understated fact and irony of sorts is that the Nuggets have actually benefitted somewhat from being a small market team. The fact that everything about them is low-key, including their location, coach and stars, has actually meant that they've avoided the media noise that inevitably surrounds teams like the Sixers, Celtics, Clippers, etc. Every playoff loss is not dissected to within an inch of its life, and every Jokic media utterance is not parsed for a subliminal trade request.

Reminds me a lot of the 80s and 90s, when teams generally went with 'their guys', and tinkered around the edges. Ewing/Oakley/Starks in NY, Malone/Stockton in Utah, Kemp/Payton in Seattle, those pre-Duncan San Antonio teams, the Lenny Wilkins Cavs teams, the 90s Pacers, and so on.

It's not that change isn't sometimes necessary, but reactionary or compulsive change rarely works out well. The Nuggets have been old-school, in a way that I'm not sure it's possible for the NBA's more glamourous teams to even be any more.

Doc Rivers appeared on Bill Simmons podcast after game 5 of the NBA FInals, which is a bit weird cause I thought they had a massive falling out whilst Doc was coaching the Clippers.

Haha thats funny. Did they reference it at all? Doc probably doesn't care too much about personal disputes and is happy to take a lot of money to talk about basketball to a big audience.

I remember watching a video a while ago that gave the timeline of their beef.

• Simmons was trying to get Doc fired in Boston pre Big 3 while writing on ESPN2 or whatever
  • Doc responded that he wasn't phased because he's just a fan and not a reporter who knows the ins and outs
  • Celtics win the title and Simmons said he was wrong
  • Doc leaves Celtics for Clippers. Simmons is now a massive media figure on TV and keeps saying he quit on the Celtics. Doc is forced to respond since Simmons is huge now and basically or maybe straight out calls him an idiot
  • Apparently they call each other and agree to disagree on the Celtics exit and beef is squashed. I don't remember them saying anything that the beef continued into Doc's Clippers tenure but could've easily as Simmons regularly went to Clippers games then

I'm not a massive Simmons listener, every now and again I'll listen to a podcast. I don't mind him, its generally entertaining but its impossible to listen to whenever he brings up the Celtics.

Read some drugged up Campaigner went around and shot 10 or so people in the celebrations.

Fentanyl deal gone wrong apparently, was about 4-7 blocks away from where the main celebration is LoDo was. We can't have nice things in America.
Watched an interview between GOATkic and that extremely attractive analyst/host (featured in the picture above) that does the show with Jefferson and Kendrick Jerkins. It seems that he has already misplaced the MVP trophy.

Malika Andrews

Parade is tomorrow, there are going to be a lot of people calling out sick/last minute dentist appointments.

February 2, 2019:

Jokic will deadset go down as a top 20 all time player. Like no doubt at all

Replies:
I'd ask you the same question because I assume there must be some form of a damaged brain to think Jokic will be a top 20 player of all time.

Dafuq are you smoking?
I don't want to live in a future where Nikola Jokic is a top 20 player of all time.
He'll never win an MVP and his current team won't win a championship either. I'd predict 100-150 range but even then he might need to go to a non small market team to get that
You just named 3 white guys better.

Look if I wanted Jokic we would trade for him and you would bend over for it.

Funny thing is I don't.

And yes I'm saying me because it's clear I'm more capable then Dell Demps.

Now go smoke your first marijuana cigarette and post on the NFL board and let the grown ups talk
Lol at jokic top 20 all time

LeBron kd curry harden Westbrook antetokoumpo

You would struggle to get more than 2 of those in any top 20 of all time and they’ve all done record breaking amazing things

Jokic barely sneaks into top 20 current players

chrome-capture-2023-5-13-1-1.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

February 2, 2019:

Replies:

chrome-capture-2023-5-13-1-1.gif

I fully remember that statement and wondered if you'd bring it back up.

Fairness where fair is due. Though perhaps give some context on what you saw vs the rest of the planet :)

Has Jokic really lost the mvp trophy? Is this part of the narrative that:

• he doesnt care about personal glory
  • embiid only cares for personal glory
  • europeans are laid back
I think he generally doesn’t give a s**t about the trappings of stardom (apart from the money, he’s not crazy), and I believe him when he says basketball is not the most important thing in his life.

But I think he certainly hams up the laconic, carefree attitude- you couldn’t get to where he is from where he was if you don’t have that drive. But who cares, he’s actually funny.

I think he generally doesn’t give a s**t about the trappings of stardom (apart from the money, he’s not crazy), and I believe him when he says basketball is not the most important thing in his life.

But I think he certainly hams up the laconic, carefree attitude- you couldn’t get to where he is from where he was if you don’t have that drive. But who cares, he’s actually funny.
yep. likeable and has dry wit.

just sometimes when someone says they dont care, they actually do. Like during Yr 12 examples and the like, the student who says they dont care deep down inside do. Defence mechanism-ism.

incidentally.....laconic means (of a person, speech, or style of writing) using very few words. AFL media think it means laid back haha

I left behind a c grade cricket trophy on presentation night. still haven't got it.

For guys like Nikola and myself, it's just not about the individual accolades. We're built different.

Fentanyl deal gone wrong apparently, was about 4-7 blocks away from where the main celebration is LoDo was. We can't have nice things in America.

Malika Andrews

Parade is tomorrow, there are going to be a lot of people calling out sick/last minute dentist appointments.

Malika Andrews. She is absolutely stunning.

Back