NBA Week 2- Where Aussies feature in 4 of 6 Monday marquee games

Remove this Banner Ad

In possibly what's an NBA record, the NBA has kindly scheduled 66.66666% of its Super Sunday (Marquee Monday our time) games featuring our Aussie stars.

First up The defending NBA Champion Nuggets outfit host OKC. OKC averages 18 FTs/game, in contrast to Denvers 15. With Jack White just becoming the first Australian to be selected at no 1 in the G League, the nations hopes are pinned on Giddey (avg 9/6/6) in this clash.

Meanwhile, the winless ATL looked to be trashed by the Bucks. Patty Mills has not played coincidentally.

Jock Landales Rockets face Chris Pauls warriors. Up the road, Matisse Thybulle aims to extract revenge on his former employee. 2 way contracted Reath hopes to show coach Goorj why he deserves more minutes.

Elmer_Judd re: what it would take to get Naz. Currently, we wouldn't trade him. Great scoring from a team friendly contract on a team lacking bench scoring with a messed up cap.

The "will have to trade a big eventually" thing is overplayed anyway. He is basically a wing in a taller body, he doesn't really play a traditional big man game and he plays pretty well with both bigs. He'll be our 6th man this season.

One of KAT/Gobert will go eventually, but it's for cap reasons, not three big reasons. Naz is secondary.

Just on that - Gobert has been our best player through two games. Looks a completely different player from last season. Hope he can keep it going. KAT on the other hand...

I think ESPN/Kayo/Fox Sports may have made a mistake scheduling so many games already with The Spurs and Wemby.

I have League Pass, and I am watching Kings v Lakers, would have thought that game is what they would have screened, esp for the 20th anniversary game of Lebron's debut vs Sacramento.

If you have issues with the officiating show examples of calls not total amounts of free throws

It just seems like there is always a massive F/T disparity every time the Kings play the Lakers. Having said that, it's a lot better in the final quarter and evening up (slightly)

Good game overall, hope they meet in the playoffs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think ESPN/Kayo/Fox Sports may have made a mistake scheduling so many games already with The Spurs and Wemby.

I have League Pass, and I am watching Kings v Lakers, would have thought that game is what they would have screened, esp for the 20th anniversary game of Lebron's debut vs Sacramento.

Yup, especially if he runs into injury trouble a la Zion.

Down the stretch second half of the year, there will still be excitement to watch him play, don't need every Spurs game in the first quarter of the season to be on TV.

giphy.gif

Courageous win against all odds from the Kings. Good stuff they got the win in overtime without Fox and Sabonis.

The team is all heart

Yup, especially if he runs into injury trouble a la Zion.

Down the stretch second half of the year, there will still be excitement to watch him play, don't need every Spurs game in the first quarter of the season to be on TV.

Yeah Lakers at Kings was a cracking game. Had it all. They dropped the ball scheduling the Spurs v Clips instead

My fear is ESPN will go too Wemby/Spurs heavy with many of their broadcasts this season. Glad I have League Pass though

Only scored 3 points in the 2nd half so far..

Worst Dame game ever ? Bucks getting smoked at home by Atlanta

The Jalen Johnson effect. A lot of Hawks fans are super high on his talent as do everything point forward.

Also without watching the game Okongwu having 7 buckets suggests Bucks failed at guarding the general location of the rim.

Even when they foul Sabonis out the Lakers are too stupid to stop jacking up 3's.

Lakers currently have a Austin Reaves and Dlo problem.

Ham gave those guys too many minutes again, should have played Rui and Wood down the stretch instead.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back