Universal Love 2022-24 Random Chat - BBQ, Other Food, Cats, Whatever

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, we're polar opposites, I've never actually done the dating thing. Actually, never set up a date to see if I liked someone.

I've been in only one serious relationship in my life which began at age 18 and I'm still in it almost 30 years later. Knew Mrs Crim for around 3 years before we decided we liked each other.
Dating is overrated, like it's fun and have had a lot of great experiences, but nothing like having a strong connection with someone.

Also nothing wrong with being single either, everyone is different, in different stages of life, you do you :)

Correct thread but does anyone on here recall this

Media/ Metro swept it under the carpet really quick

Lol, yeah.

Can't believe it's over 20 years ago.

Welcome to Gander’s dinners. On the menu we have Thai green curry. I felt the need to post this because I’ve spent 1hr 30 belting the stuff for the paste and I’m knackered but have biceps like Schwarzenegger.

Unbelievably lovely smell when you add the kaffir lime rind. After you incorporate the shrimp paste it smells like a Bangkok public lavatory with a small glade freshener balanced on the cistern

IMG_0654.jpeg

Welcome to Gander’s dinners. On the menu we have Thai green curry. I felt the need to post this because I’ve spent 1hr 30 belting the stuff for the paste and I’m knackered but have biceps like Schwarzenegger.

Unbelievably lovely smell when you add the kaffir lime rind. After you incorporate the shrimp paste it smells like a Bangkok public lavatory with a small glade freshener balanced on the cistern

View attachment 1985929
Thai green curry is the first recipe and proper meal I learned, always go back to it :) Looks like you’re actually making the curry paste though? Impressive!

Thai green curry is the first recipe and proper meal I learned, always go back to it :) Looks like you’re actually making the curry paste though? Impressive!
I learned it early (comparatively- I was a late starter). I grew up in Canberra which back then was approximately 15 years behind food trends. I thought a cappuccino was a pretty nifty idea in about 1990

Anyone else randomly getting threads from the Sydney board in their alerts?
Yep.

Bigfooty glitch or sinister plot? Who can say but I’ve just joined Sydney

Thought I had got drunk and accidentally followed a Sydney board thread last night for some reason.

Glad to hear that's (probably) not the case.
This was honestly my first thought.

Not without precedent. I got very drunk at some point early in the pandemic. I wasn’t alone no doubt, but found a few days later that I had somehow joined The Greens as a paid up member.

I’m still there because I like their spam better than the other stuff I get

Thought I had got drunk and accidentally followed a Sydney board thread last night for some reason.

Glad to hear that's (probably) not the case.
Probably not the most regrettable things to do whilst drunk, although a bit ew, like drunk texting an ex (we've all done that right.right?).

Last edited:
Probably not the my regrettable things to do whilst drunk, although a bit ew, like drunk texting an ex (we've all that right.right?).
Oh yes. Go the double and text your boss on the same night

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have triple texted haha, always embarrasing and you feel like such a moron the next day, but it can happen, putting away your phone when you're in a weird space can be really a good solution.
Bigfooty is problematic too.

Stay out late and come home. The next day you find yourself waking up on top of the doona and mysteriously still wearing trainers, then you log on and discover you have 35 notifications from posters you’ve never heard of

Bigfooty is problematic too.

Stay out late and come home. The next day you find yourself waking up on top of the doona and mysteriously still wearing trainers, then you log on and discover you have 35 notifications from posters you’ve never heard of
Can deal with rando forum posters (love you all here ❤️), people you’ve met? It’s a lot worse. It’s okay though! It’s fine to embarrass yourself that way, sometimes you just gotta reconcile with yourself.

I made a batch of my 'famous' lentil soup today. It's my own recipe.

Ingredients ...

• red lentils (no suprise there),
  • stock powder,
  • onions/celery/capsicum (half)/diced carrot/diced zucchini/leek - heated in frypan for a few minutes
  • chopped coriander/ cumin/ curry powder/ salt/pepper
  • chopped sweet potato
[I suspect I've forgotten one or 2 ingredients, but you get the idea]

Cooked in a large pot for several hours

Serve with natural yoghurt, and turkish bread (heated in oven)

It's even better a day or 2 later.

The batch I make is about 6 or 7 serves.

I'm not much of a cook. I've also gotta get into making stir fries more. I've been using sachets of sauce which is kinda cheating; I really need to get into making my own sauces.

This was honestly my first thought.

Not without precedent. I got very drunk at some point early in the pandemic. I wasn’t alone no doubt, but found a few days later that I had somehow joined The Greens as a paid up member.

I’m still there because I like their spam better than the other stuff I get
We've all been there.

We've all been there.
I’m not kidding. I got sent a survey asking about my reasons for joining the greens and explained that it was lockdown and I got drunk, and I got an email back from Sam Hibbins Member for Prahran saying good reason and welcome aboard.

I also got an invitation to go door stopping or assist with entering survey data collected by volunteers about policy initiatives, so I took the data option. Pretty good. Took a few hours over 4 Monday evenings but we got crust pizzas and Sam showed up on the last one and we got Balter XPA.

I should have become political a long time ago.

I don't buy fruit/veg that is imported ... e.g. Mexican asparagus, US oranges.

I did make an exception today. I thought it was reasonable to buy imported kiwifruit as it was imported from New Zealand.

#funfact ... kiwifruit used to be called Chinese gooseberries.

I don't buy fruit/veg that is imported ... e.g. Mexican asparagus, US oranges.

I did make an exception today. I thought it was reasonable to buy imported kiwifruit as it was imported from New Zealand.

#funfact ... kiwifruit used to be called Chinese gooseberries.
I avoid imported fruit and veg. Avoid imported if possible at all. Don’t shop for food at supermarkets these days though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back