gbear

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 27, 2002
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
So many individuals need to be made accountable for this diabolical season. Unless sweeping changes are made to the coaching panel, off field management and the playing list, 2023 or will be the same as this year.

These are the changes I would make at seasons end.

Richardson to be replaced by someone outside of the club, as clearly he lacks any leadership whatsoever. Looks like an absolute goose after his 3 premierships in 5 years remark. I would actually like to see a woman take his place.

Hinkley, Bassett, Cornes and possibly Montgomery replaced. Logan also needs to terminated. Need many fresh sets of eyes and new voices.
Would love Clarkson, but Adam Yze or Jayme Graham would make reasonable appointments.

Playing list changes
Out: Jonas, Motlop, Gray, Clurey, McKenzie, Frederick, Skinner, Mayes, McEntee and Williams at the very least.

I hope Richo at least acknowledges that we got the x premierships in x years wrong and elaborates why we couldn't get it done rather than sweeping it under the rug
He deserves to be replaced. Tbh if Covid hadn’t occurred he would have never been appointed.

I hope Richo at least acknowledges that we got the x premierships in x years wrong and elaborates why we couldn't get it done rather than sweeping it under the rug
The other one that gets glossed over is the expectation that we can reach 100,000 members - if Hinkley is still at Alberton next season, we'll be lucky to get half that many.

The other one that gets glossed over is the expectation that we can reach 100,000 members - if Hinkley is still at Alberton next season, we'll be lucky to get half that many.
I am not renewing my men’s memberships going forward until there are significant changes.

They'll never speak about it again and if they do it'll be asked in the softest way possible and they'll make absolutely pathetic excuses that aren't questioned at all by the journos in front of them.

If this club is going to start holding people accountable, the first thing Koch is going to need is a dictionary.

We exist to make mad Monday happen sooner every year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stability is the only KPI, expect nothing more.

This is my last post on these boards until Ken is gone and we are wearing the prison bars when we want.
Hope you all have a safe and happy rest of the year, look after yourselves.

Especially from those currently drawing a wage. A classic case of being on the payroll and doing your darnedest to stay on the teat.

Sucking the club dry of supporters and passion. Polishing the turd of mediocrity because atm that's the benchmark.

To see sooo many chest and uncontested marks by the oppo in our fwd50 is damning of our coaching panel.

A decent coach does not accept this disconnect year after year. Sorry to see you've had enough i've enjoyed your passion for us to be better.

Umpteen chances for us to play-on quickly wasted by indecision. We should've, could've beaten them comfortably instead we lost.

When push comes to shove we melt... year after year but hey let's not risk an untried coach like we did late in 2012... 10 far ken years ago.

At this rate we can do it all again next year... Yay.

See ya at the footy.

We don’t do accountability……

We are happy to be competitive and be relatively stable.

Anyone who suggests that we could do better and set higher expectations is considered “white noise” by the leadership of the club.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So who exactly are our KPDs next year? Allir and?

There’s a 188cm type currently out there somewhere, blissfully unaware he’ll be tasked with taking on the Aaron Naughtons, Rory Lobbs and Max Kings for a decade.

There’s a 188cm type currently out there somewhere, blissfully unaware he’ll be tasked with taking on the Aaron Naughtons, Rory Lobbs and Max Kings for a decade.

and rucking duties

SPP?

I agree change is long overdue and am blue balled over Hinkley still not being sacked.

But how do we realistically attract a senior or assistant coaches position at Port for a talented and qualified coach from interstate?

Richo as CEO, Koch as president and Hinkley aren't a successful trio in the industry. Each are as responsible for the mediocrity and fetish for stability. They'll want to enable it for as long as they can.

Outside of Schofield and Voss who were poached, we have the likes of Chad, Monty, Logan, Lobbe and Basset as assistants.

I hope it's the beginning of the end, and that we bite the bullet by putting a big broom through Alberton and letting go of Motlop, Jonas, McKenzie types.

Hire a young and hungry coach or Clarko who'll move to Alberton and build the club back up through Houston, Rozee, Butters and Marshall.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back