Autopsy 2022 Accountability and moving forward

Remove this Banner Ad

If we could spill the board, it would absolutely already have been done. It sucks. Koch is accountable only to the AFL and his remit is to simply keep us a going concern.

Under the current system, the only way we have success is if we luck into the AFL appointing a chairman who is a ruthless winner.

It wouldn't be an outwardly and noisily spill like Richmond attempted in the old days but the way it occurred with Weber, albeit that was for different reasons and circumstances.

Or, as you raised, we get lucky with the next president, when that happens.

It wouldn't be an outwardly and noisily spill like Richmond attempted in the old days but the way it occurred with Weber, albeit that was for different reasons and circumstances.

Or, as you raised, we get lucky with the next president, when that happens.

There's also the fact that if we could spill the board, we wouldn't have to, because the threat that be could would be enough for Koch to do his ******* job.

How many of us have written letters to the club? The board? Koch? Richo? Davies?

Anyone written to any journalists? Contacted a footy podcast? Emailed fox footy or channel seven?

On the fan survey, anyone write special comments?

We may be powerless to control our club via conventional means but perhaps we can ask the questions through other means. Maybe that accountability equally falls on us as fans.

How many of us have written letters to the club? The board? Koch? Richo? Davies?

Anyone written to any journalists? Contacted a footy podcast? Emailed fox footy or channel seven?

On the fan survey, anyone write special comments?

We may be powerless to control our club via conventional means but perhaps we can ask the questions through other means. Maybe that accountability equally falls on us as fans.

I think lots of people have, but the more the merrier. Richo used to answer a lot of emails but I didn't feel like he was listening so I stopped doing it. Unsure if he responds to others now.

If Hinkley is still here next year, I think (and hope) there will be staged public protests, both at Alberton and at home games. The longer the club ignores the supporters, the louder and more daring we'll get.

From Mick McGuanes column today

"Since 2013 Gelling and Port Adelaide have not finished below 10th on the ladder"

That's as good as a premiership for our board.

This is true. That’s precisely it.

I think lots of people have, but the more the merrier. Richo used to answer a lot of emails but I didn't feel like he was listening so I stopped doing it. Unsure if he responds to others now.

If Hinkley is still here next year, I think (and hope) there will be staged public protests, both at Alberton and at home games. The longer the club ignores the supporters, the louder and more daring we'll get.

A form of insurrection? ;)

I can’t remember a year since 2012 when we have had so many sub-AFL level players on our list. Someone has got list management really wrong the past three years.

McEntee, Mayes, Skinner, Williams, Frederick are all delistworthy now. Jackson looks miles off it, but will be given a reprieve due to his age and injury interruptions. Schofield has talent but is mosquito sized. Motlop should be retired asap. Gray may not want to go around again. Hayes will likely be traded after years on our list for very little opportunity.
I’m not saying that any of that should not happen but that’s a lot of work to do in one preseason.

Have a listen to Jack on accountability.
Fun interview. Jack’s the master of telling us he’s humble and doesn’t pay attention to accolades while rattling off his own records in the same sentence.

Seriously, love his approach and perspective of the game even now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol our board includes David Ego Koch, Matthew Vanilla Richardson and Holly Bachelor of Arts Ransom.

Where is the call for Port Adelaide standards and accountability going to come from? Are we banking it all on Cahill?

Last edited:
Protecting his income stream. He sold out big time. It's the modern way.
Money talks, in an age where every cost is skyrocketing for most of us, so can hardly blame him for taking the dosh and running.

I just laugh at his club website puff pieces now, telling us how great we are, how phenomenal Ken is, how we epitomise the never give in ethos, etc.

You'd think we were unbeaten this year, if you just went by his articles :tearsofjoy:

Out: Jonas, Motlop, Gray, Clurey, McKenzie, Frederick, Skinner, Mayes, McEntee and Williams at the very least.

We're not jettisoning 10 players in an offseason. We're just not. Not unless you can name 20 realistic replacements.

Some of the players on your list don't deserve to be moved on, like McKenzie.

Some of them, like Mayes (and the unnamed Dumont) aren't best 22 (and wouldn't be at other clubs), but they're indifferent depth, and they're useful to prevent a bunch of 19-year-olds getting massacred in the Magpies every week.

If you think our list has too many duds and no-hopers now, imagine how much worse it would be if we replaced the 10 players you've named with a couple of blokes off the DFA scrap-heap and picks 85-90 in the national draft.

Lol our board includes David Ego Koch, Matthew Vanilla Richardson and Holly Bachelor of Arts Ransom.

Where is the call for Port Adelaide standards and accountability going to come from? Are we banking it all on Cahill?
The Port CEO - or general secretary in the old days, has never been on the board.

We're not jettisoning 10 players in an offseason. We're just not. Not unless you can name 20 realistic replacements.

Some of the players on your list don't deserve to be moved on, like McKenzie.

Some of them, like Mayes (and the unnamed Dumont) aren't best 22 (and wouldn't be at other clubs), but they're indifferent depth, and they're useful to prevent a bunch of 19-year-olds getting massacred in the Magpies every week.

If you think our list has too many duds and no-hopers now, imagine how much worse it would be if we replaced the 10 players you've named with a couple of blokes off the DFA scrap-heap and picks 85-90 in the national draft.
We could very easily get players the equivalent of Mayes and Dumont from 'the DFA scrap heap'. Hell, we did get Dumont from the DFA scrap heap.

We could very easily get players the equivalent of Mayes and Dumont from 'the DFA scrap heap'. Hell, we did get Dumont from the DFA scrap heap.

To what end, though? Replacing players like Mayes and Dumont with like-for-like achieves nothing, and they're not really the ones holding our list back. Every club carries a couple of players of their ilk - they're a safe and reliable alternative to blooding a kid every time a best-22 player becomes unavailable.

So many individuals need to be made accountable for this diabolical season. Unless sweeping changes are made to the coaching panel, off field management and the playing list, 2023 or will be the same as this year.

These are the changes I would make at seasons end.

Richardson to be replaced by someone outside of the club, as clearly he lacks any leadership whatsoever. Looks like an absolute goose after his 3 premierships in 5 years remark. I would actually like to see a woman take his place.

Hinkley, Bassett, Cornes and possibly Montgomery replaced. Logan also needs to terminated. Need many fresh sets of eyes and new voices.
Would love Clarkson, but Adam Yze or Jayme Graham would make reasonable appointments.

Playing list changes
Out: Jonas, Motlop, Gray, Clurey, McKenzie, Frederick, Skinner, Mayes, McEntee and Williams at the very least.

No Koch???

Lord and Paisini must be developing nicely in defence at the Maggies???

I hope Richo at least acknowledges that we got the x premierships in x years wrong and elaborates why we couldn't get it done rather than sweeping it under the rug
If you think any of the current admin are likely to admitt they have got anything wrong you're a lot more faith than you should have.

The club is being run by a bunch of self interested back slappers, that would rather push die-hards to the side and see crowds dwindle to the size we saw at the end of 2009, than fall on their own swords.

We haven't seen accountability in so long we wouldn't know what it looks like, accountability stopped at our club after 2007 and it's never been seen since tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back