Play Nice 2022 AFL/AFLW Crowds/TV Ratings/Stream thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that some clubs just have a better attending culture than others, regardless of how their team is travelling.

Not AFL, but a good example of a side being down the bottom of the ladder for years and fans still showing in good number is the Newcastle Knights.

A big welcome back mate! It’s good to have you back providing your insights.. You’re one of the objective ‘good’ posters. You come back riding the Tiger wave. I’m (Essendon) a bit like where the Blues have been in years past…. Rock bottom!
Thanks Dave. In fact, the Blues resurgence is one of the very few good news stories in terms of attendance in what is still clearly a very challenging time for crowd figures. That support hidden by their dire form has always been there. Of course, covid had to happen and the gates closed when the Tigers were in the ascendant but we can't have everything in this life.

The crowd and atmosphere at the dogs v suns game shows how much better small stadiums are. The gold coast and gws games would be a lot better to watch with 6k packed in like that than 6k in a mostly empty 25k stadium. Mind you the Ballarat ground doesn't make for attractive footy, you can't lead into the pockets because the boundary line is so close to the middle.

afl.com's match reports usually publish crowd numbers. No mention on the North v Dees game.

Hopefully Hardwick makes encouraging noises about Tiger fans attending their game at Docklands v North. Might get 30k which would be good.

Otherwise they might get 20K at their home game v Swans.

Beyond that it is looking grim.

There is not an incentive in hell you could give me to find the effort to go to Richmond V North at Marvel this year - home or away.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like a couple thousand at the GWS vs West Coast game.
Putting aside 2020/21, this is definitely the lowest AFL/VFL crowd in 70+ years, possibly ever. Around 1500 I reckon. Be interesting to see what they post. My guess is 5,120.
Also a horrible crowd in Launceston. Maybe 8k. Official will be 10,200.

Dissapointing day crowd wise today. stunning morning in perth today and has started to bucket down the past two hours, will put off a few thousand from the dockers figure today

5,057 at Giants Stadium today. Second lowest crowd (minus 2020 and 2021), behind the GWS V GC match in R3 2022.

Putting aside 2020/21, this is definitely the lowest AFL/VFL crowd in 70+ years, possibly ever. Around 1500 I reckon. Be interesting to see what they post. My guess is 5,120.
The crowd in Launceston actually looks ok to me.

5,057 at Giants Stadium today. Second lowest crowd (minus 2020 and 2021), behind the GWS V GC match in R3 2022.
12007 for Hawthorn vs Brisbane in Launceston today,both crowds in Launceston this season have been quite good which is the opposite for North's games in Hobart that have only pulled 8700 and 5100.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looked way more than 8k. 11-12k for sure.

Edit: I see it was apparently 12k

Looked way more than 8k. 11-12k for sure.

Edit: I see it was apparently 12k
Hawks crowds in Launceston this season have been surprisingly good especially compared to North's crowds in Hobart although no surprise North are getting low crowds considering how poorly we have been playing.

Going to be a cold and rainy day but can still see 70,000.
Just checked the forecast partly cloudy 15 I think around 121,000 😎

75k but don't be surprised if there is 80k. In 09 on a Sunday arvo the Magpies got belted by the Saints the week before and there were 82k thousand vs Carlton. The Blues were up and about not like now but you had the Fev, Judd and Betts factor.

Just checked the forecast partly cloudy 15 I think around 121,000 😎

75k but don't be surprised if there is 80k. In 09 on a Sunday arvo the Magpies got belted by the Saints the week before and there were 82k thousand vs Carlton. The Blues were up and about not like now but you had the Fev, Judd and Betts factor.

I think 70-75,000! Very hard to get 80,000 especially with covid. It will all depend on how many Carlton fans being as they are the away team show up. Collingwood you would think will get 40,000 of their fans

Yep, expecting a huge crowd. There will be plenty of Carlton fans - they’ve had this game bookmarked for a month now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back