• trade back in with a future second for someone else

• only take MM and keep the other spot for PSD/rookie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Our draft haul:

Pick 17 - Max Michalanney (matched F/S)
Pick 43 - Billy Dowling
Pick 50 - Hugh Bond

Rookie Pick 5 - Andrew McPherson (re-listed)
Rookie Pick 21 - Paul Seedsman (re-listed)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crazy given how he was tracking last year. Didn't really kick on it seems. I haven't seen any Champs games yet. How did he go?
Which reinforces my view ....junior rankings at the start of their Draft Year, are totally irrelevant

James Sellar was ranked #1 at the start of his Draft Year

Lemmy was ranked top 4 at the start of this year ......he'll be lucky to get Drafted, late 2nd round

Ryan was one of my favourites last year. Hard player to describe. Seems to do everything pretty well: kicking, decision making, tough for his size. Has decent pace with being fast. Doesn't really stand out though. He's skinny but still 183cm. Just looks a genuine footballer.

I need to watch the u18 games.

there’s a chance we might end up finishing higher than Port. Will be on same number of wins end of next week (assuming port lose to Essedon and we win against North). With the showdowns being 50/50.
Now that Port officially can't make finals they'll play superbly

Ashcroft, wardlaw, Tsatas?

Horne, Daicos?
Lemmy, no Philippou in top 20, Broadbent, Kobe Ryan, Gilby, Long ect ect

Then the Draft Positions will change, following the Championships .....do you think Wardlaw will go Top 5 ?

There's usually a couple of franchise players .....but the rest are a chook lotto after their U17 years .....late developers, growth spurts, growth stagnation in 16-17 year olds

March 2022
13-04-22-png.1343859

Ryan was one of my favourites last year. Hard player to describe. Seems to do everything pretty well: kicking, decision making, tough for his size. Has decent pace with being fast. Doesn't really stand out though. He's skinny but still 183cm. Just looks a genuine footballer.

I need to watch the u18 games.
I think there is a little bit of James Rowbottom about his style

Light but has a crack and then gets to outside , not massive damaging and might just lack size , power , speed , damage of top liners

Rowbottom has ended up better than expected and higher than his draft position . … maybe he could do the same

No Kobe Ryan invite to draft combine is interesting - would definitely take him late / rookie
I would have no problem at all taking him with our 2nd round pick, absolute gut runner with a turn of speed, more than capable on the inside or outside of the contest, goes in as hard as any player in this draft and very team orientated.
IMO could play round 1 2023 half forward/wing before transitioning into the midfield full time down the track.
He's actually what coaches look for these days in that he's multi-positional capable.

I would have no problem at all taking him with our 2nd round pick, absolute gut runner with a turn of speed, more than capable on the inside or outside of the contest, goes in as hard as any player in this draft and very team orientated.
IMO could play round 1 2023 half forward/wing before transitioning into the midfield full time down the track.
He's actually what coaches look for these days in that he's multi-positional capable.
Recruiters aren’t given the noms

Recruiters aren’t given the noms
Don't you mean the coaches?

Tsatas kicked 3 goals for Wesley on the weekend but didn't make their best players. Jefferson 5 goals 3rd best Burgeil 2nd best

Ollie Hollands again the best Noah Long 2nd best for Geelong Grammar in their close loss to Haileybury. Hotton 2nd best for Haileybury.

Josh Weddle best for Carey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't you mean the coaches?

Tsatas kicked 3 goals for Wesley on the weekend but didn't make their best players. Jefferson 5 goals 3rd best Burgeil 2nd best

Ollie Hollands again the best Noah Long 2nd best for Geelong Grammar in their close loss to Haileybury. Hotton 2nd best for Haileybury.

Josh Weddle best for Carey.
Talking about the combine nominations from club recruiters Bicks

No Kobe

Nah he's not, think he's got the class, ball-winning ability, versatility etc to make it at the level

IIRC a lot of the criticisms about Ryan were similar to Soligo's criticisms from last year - not damaging enough, not a great size etc. Turned out a bargain for us so far haha

Who was it that shat on Rachele both getting drafted by us and as player?

Need any hints on who that poster was?
Both of us mate .....I can dig up your posts again ;)

It was more around need ....pick #4 on a small fwd.

I wanted Mac Andrew or Finn Callaghan .....they were my choices, my position was, you can pick up small FWDs later in the Draft .....Rachelle will want to be "special" , just my opinion

Kozi Pickett #12
Cody Weightman #15
Paul Curtis #35
Toby Greene #11
Shai Bolton #29

Both of us mate .....I can dig up your posts again ;)

It was more around need ....pick #4 on a small fwd.

I wanted Mac Andrew or Finn Callaghan .....they were my choices, my position was, you can pick up small FWDs later in the Draft .....Rachelle will want to be "special" , just my opinion

Kozi Pickett #12
Cody Weightman #15
Paul Curtis #35
Toby Greene #11
Shai Bolton #29
Surely in that case you'd have to apply the same logic to Rankine, who you're obviously very keen to give up pick 4 for?

Nah he's not, think he's got the class, ball-winning ability, versatility etc to make it at the level

IIRC a lot of the criticisms about Ryan were similar to Soligo's criticisms from last year - not damaging enough, not a great size etc. Turned out a bargain for us so far haha
We simply do not need another of his type of player .....so hoping we pick Kobe Ryan in the Draft, ignores the list needs

Back