AFL RDT 2022 AFL RDT Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Okay, now that Supercoach has opened, RDT can't be far away.

Will they implement the new rule changes in Supercoach? Certainly some interesting developments.

SUPERCOACH GAME CHANGES FOR 2022​

TRADE BOOST

– Every coach now has 35 trades over 23 rounds with a maximum of two per round and three during the byes (Rounds 12-14), unless you use a ...

– New trade boost! Up to five trade boosts can be used in any round to gain an extra trade for that round, up to a maximum of three per round or four during the byes. These bonus trades come out of your total of 35, and you can choose to use some, all or none of your five available trade boosts.

PLAYER POSITION UPDATES

At regular intervals during the season Champion Data will reassess player positions and assign dual-position status to players if their on-field role changes. For example, in 2021 Jack Ziebell was listed as a forward but spent the entire season at full-back – under the new rule he could become a FWD-DEF player mid-season.

TRADE UPDATE

Change your trade plans during a round? Now you have ultimate flexibility to adjust your moves after lockout – providing the players involved aren’t locked out and don’t bust your salary cap.

CUSTOMISABLE LEAGUES

Any experienced SuperCoach knows public and private leagues are where the real action is in fantasy footy. Now you can tailor your league experience exactly how you want it:

– Create and join leagues at any time during the season

– Create private leagues of 6-20 teams, customise your fixture by selecting your start round and finals system (top five, top six or top eight)

– Select custom secondary rankings: percentage or total fantasy points

TRADE ASSIST (SUPERCOACH PLUS)

Use our smart technology to help with every step of the selection process: Intelligent auto-pick helps pick a team fast, the optimise button helps select the best team from your 30-player squad each round, and new trade assist suggests the best move for your team every round.

Other new features for SuperCoach Plus users – on top of score and price projections, break evens, player notes, live trade data, access to the early team picker and more – include:

– See the most popular vice-captains each round.

– See who was selected in starting line-ups across KFC SuperCoach and who started on the bench.

– Traded in/out for upcoming round now on every player’s profile page.

They've copied positional changes from AFL Fantasy, but the rest is all new. As Supercoach and RDT are run by the same organisation, it's a likely outcome that these will filter through.

Has RDT planner disappeared from the site?

Looks like it's happening.

I am so pissed off with this. Dream Team's motto used to be "the original and still the best". Yeah, well, they were the best! Yet, all they want to do now is copy whatever the other competitions do. Without the marketing of Fantasy and SC (in fact DT have zero marketing) they will just continue to lose more and more of their user base because there is becoming less and less difference between them and the others.
Their only hope of survival imo is to be completely different. Don't make their comp easy enough for a 10 year old to play as the others have become. Go back to their roots and again be the BEST competition to play, not the easiest.

The trade update was always a thing wasn't it? Last year I remember updating my traded in player to someone else and it didn't count as an extra trade

The 5 extra trades with trade boost is going to be unders when covid hits. Sounds like a lot now but if games get postponed (and we don't get averages) we'll need that "boost". I think these extra trades were given with this in mind, so we better not expect further extra trades during the year. It's good in a way, get the extra trades before the season starts and force coaches to hold them wisely or take the risk of getting shafted if covid hits.

Only thing that's truly BS is the trade assist thing for SC plus members

The trade update was always a thing wasn't it? Last year I remember updating my traded in player to someone else and it didn't count as an extra trade

The 5 extra trades with trade boost is going to be unders when covid hits. Sounds like a lot now but if games get postponed (and we don't get averages) we'll need that "boost". I think these extra trades were given with this in mind, so we better not expect further extra trades during the year. It's good in a way, get the extra trades before the season starts and force coaches to hold them wisely or take the risk of getting shafted if covid hits.

Only thing that's truly BS is the trade assist thing for SC plus members
As they said, they've simplified it

As they said, they've simplified it
If they didn't give us the 5 extra trades at the start of the year then they would have given it to us during the year, like they gave us some extra trades mid-season last year when sh*t hit the fan? This year if they decide to give us NOTHING more no matter what happens, then the game is not going to be much different to last year.

I am so pissed off with this. Dream Team's motto used to be "the original and still the best". Yeah, well, they were the best! Yet, all they want to do now is copy whatever the other competitions do. Without the marketing of Fantasy and SC (in fact DT have zero marketing) they will just continue to lose more and more of their user base because there is becoming less and less difference between them and the others.
Their only hope of survival imo is to be completely different. Don't make their comp easy enough for a 10 year old to play as the others have become. Go back to their roots and again be the BEST competition to play, not the easiest.
Agree 100%. Fantasy is a trading game, you have enough trades to change your team twice over. The reason I like RDT is your starting lining up has so much more to do with your success or lack of it.

I absolutely hate positional changes. Take the forwards as an example this year, I have Taranto, Duncan, Dunkley, Treloar and potentially Cogs as the top 5. Taking a punt on some like Gresham to raise his average to 85, would see him comfortably be that next tier of players, with the potential to save an upgrading trade. Throw in the positional changes, like Kelly getting it last year and he falls in that awkward average. It has a negative effect on what would normally be a very good selection.

Covid is an unknown, I like the fact that the trades per week are still capped. Supercoach BBL this year was a farce, just threw trades to keep everyone happy. It’s not a perfect solution though, some will only be impacted a few times in the year, others will cop 5 in the same week. I would have prefer to see a quarantine bench, anyone omitted through Covid is moved to that bench. Their value used to bring in replacements to field the best 22 each week. The change in player value isn’t taken into consideration, the Covid effected player just simply returned once cleared.

As you’ve stated it seems to be merging with Fantasy, and I’ve lost some interest for that reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking at using two of Lipinski, Rowell and Caldwell. Keep changing my mind as to which one to drop out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back