2022 All Aus Predictions and Rolling teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Accidentally?

Was graded as careless so it was on the high scale of careless. Wasn't as if before the siren everyone at Geelong said "boys number 1 objective take out Prestia"..and if so why on earth would Geelong get their most important player to do it!

Very sad stuff that Tom Stewart won’t make this team not because he isn’t the best but because he accidentally took someone out.

He ran straight through Prestia 1 minute after Prestia had been wrestling with a couple of Geelong players. Everyone will say it was accidental because Tom is a good guy, and the head hit may also have been accidental, but he very much wanted to run through him.

Was graded as careless so it was on the high scale of careless. Wasn't as if before the siren everyone at Geelong said "boys number 1 objective take out Prestia"..and if so why on earth would Geelong get their most important player to do it!
So you're saying for an act to be deliberate it needs to be premeditated?
Yeah nah.

So you're saying for an act to be deliberate it needs to be premeditated?
Yeah nah.

Deliberate is Gaff on Brayshaw or Hall on Staker. The rest are dumb, football acts which are all versions of careless regardless of how far up the careless scale it is. He'll cop 4 weeks, it was on the high side of careless.

The act, not the outcome, was not accidental. Ran past the ball and collected a player high, had plenty of time to pull out

Deliberate is Gaff on Brayshaw or Hall on Staker. The rest are dumb, football acts which are all versions of careless regardless of how far up the careless scale it is. He'll cop 4 weeks, it was on the high side of careless.
Gaff didn't plan on clocking Brayshaw, he snapped in the heat of the moment. Still clearly deliberate. Same goes for Stewart, the difference is he used his body and not his fist.

The act, not the outcome, was not accidental. Ran past the ball and collected a player high, had plenty of time to pull out

You are allowed to bump that has been party of football forever. He got him high and that's the issue, and the severe impact too, thus going to the tribunal. It was in simple terms a poorly executed legal bump, that's it. Wasn't as if he went out before the bounce and wanted to Tombstone Prestia!

You are allowed to bump that has been party of football forever. He got him high and that's the issue, and the severe impact too, thus going to the tribunal. It was in simple terms a poorly executed legal bump, that's it. Wasn't as if he went out before the bounce and wanted to Tombstone Prestia!

Interesting analogy, that just doesn't happen in the modern game, but he didn't accidentally go past the contest, nor did he accidentally turn his body and decide to bump and or catch Prestia high. I don't view Stewart as a dirty player, but that act was no accident

Pre July Team!

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Sam Docherty
HB: Jack Sinclair - James Sicily - Angus Brayshaw
C: Jack Crisp - Sam Walsh - Tom Green
HF: Shai Bolton - Jeremy Cameron - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Aaron Naughton - Charlie Curnow
FOLL: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachlan Neale
INT: Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills - Touk Miller - Jordan Dawson

Patty Cripps is still playing well but I think Walsh has just about overtaken him at this stage.

If Stewart is a grub then Houli must be just s**t in your eyes? Houli did 10x worse, the dirty grub.

I don’t even believe Houli is a grub but you must by your logic. Houli did worse than Stewart

Don’t really care how people view Houli tbh. You guys care about Stewart’s image for some reason.

I think it's important that we clarify one thing when we talk stats. If you're a midfielder, especially an inside midfielder, you should be getting a lot of the ball. That's their job. Out of all of the players on the ground, any player who is given plenty of centre bounces attendances really should be pushing 30 touches a game. 25 is average for any good midfielder these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He could easily still make it, if it's only 4 weeks. Wouldn't want it to be 6 though, think 4 is probably the max a player could miss and make it. I'd still pick him if he only misses 4.
Stevie J missed 5 games in 2007 through a team suspension and made AA

It isn't. Ask any Essendon supporter who they would prefer and 95% would say Petracca. Just stop.

Parish is the poster boy of an accumulator with minimal hurt factor
* a rare good take from you

Well parish beats him in disposals, cont poss and clearances. He also can’t kick but he is a better mid from Center bounce, closer than you think:

View attachment 1434157

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
impressive for a 0cm 0kg newborn

Don’t care call him a grub if you want.
He wasn't though. He had a brain fade, just like Tom Stewart. Difference is most football followers recognised it as such and didn't write him off for ever.

Pre July Team!

FB: Tom Stewart - Steven May - Sam Docherty
HB: Jack Sinclair - James Sicily - Angus Brayshaw
C: Jack Crisp - Sam Walsh - Tom Green
HF: Shai Bolton - Jeremy Cameron - Tyson Stengle
FF: Charlie Cameron - Aaron Naughton - Charlie Curnow
FOLL: Jarrod Witts - Clayton Oliver - Lachlan Neale
INT: Andrew Brayshaw - Callum Mills - Touk Miller - Jordan Dawson

Patty Cripps is still playing well but I think Walsh has just about overtaken him at this stage.
Walsh doesn't attend too many centre bounces lately.

He's actually not that effective at centre clearances. Hence I feel putting him on the wing wouldn't really be too disingenuous. He comes off a flank to play an extra man around the ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back