Game Day 2022 Federal Election!

Remove this Banner Ad

This should be the reset the liberal party needs. duck off idiot Morrison and the religious right. Get back to roots and gear up to be the best option for the country again.

This is going to be a very difficult task given how many suburban branches of the liberal party have been stacked within an inch of existence by the religious right. I don't think there's any doubt what direction they are likely to go if they lose given who the two likely opposition leaders are. Should they both retain their seats. For better or worse the right is in the ascendancy of the Liberal party.

John Howard would’ve been ideal

Its always amusing watching on as they wheel out and into suburban shopping centres a relic of the past who lost not only his government but his own seat at the last election he contested. As if he is some kind of election talisman. Its not like he built his political career as a man of the people, his riveting charisma or speechifying when in reality he built it on pandering to peoples greed and xenophobia.

It speaks volumes about where they are at as a party that they cannot trot out either of the liberal PM who followed him. Given they are either loathed by the public or by their own party.

Albo will get in and then we get treated to days of rhetoric from the man who won’t let people forget he came from poor so knows the value of a dollar and he’s totally relatable despite being just another Canberra suit on 200k a year since the mid 90s

The poor should stay poor! Social mobility is bad.

This is going to be a very difficult task given how many suburban branches of the liberal party have been stacked within an inch of existence by the religious right. I don't think there's any doubt what direction they are likely to go if they lose given who the two likely opposition leaders are. Should they both retain their seats. For better or worse the right is in the ascendancy of the Liberal party.

Its always amusing watching on as they wheel out and into suburban shopping centres a relic of the past who lost not only his government but his own seat at the last election he contested. As if he is some kind of election talisman. Its not like he built his political career as a man of the people, his riveting charisma or speechifying when in reality he built it on pandering to peoples greed and xenophobia.

It speaks volumes about where they are at as a party that they cannot trot out either of the liberal PM who followed him. Given they are either loathed by the public or by their own party.

I wasn’t sure if I was watching Howard participating in the Libs campaigning or a re-run of Weekend at Bernies.

Yeah, he’s not liked by a lot of Australians, so a strangely desperate move by a terribly desperate government.

I know it means nothing towards the actual result but it's interesting to see the LNP bookies' odds blow out this morning from $2.70 to $3.90 without much happening.

Bookies are just trying to cash in on punters who aren’t paying attention to exit polling.

Exit polling is not going well for the government.

And as much as I loathe the sight and sound of K, I'm more than willing to concede that, tactically, putting Maxine McKew up against him in his own electorate was genius (assuming he played some role).

He couldn't attack her. To do so would be like shooting Bambi. Howard lost that seat the moment she became the Labor candidate. Good times.

Just walked down to the local school to vote and there’s a HUGE queue. AEC official said it’s a 45-60 minute wait. WTF! Half of Canberra has voted before polling day so it should have been almost empty. Will come back at half time in the footy.

Now waiting 15 minutes for a takeaway coffee. Grrrrr. Friggin guvmint!

Just walked down to the local school to vote and there’s a HUGE queue. AEC official said it’s a 45-60 minute wait. WTF! Half of Canberra has voted before polling day so it should have been almost empty. Will come back at half time in the footy.

Just don't take it out the staff DW. Minimum wagers...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The poor should stay poor! Social mobility is bad.
Here I was thinking that pulling yourself up by your bootstraps was at the core of liberal philosophy.
And as much as I loathe the sight and sound of K, I'm more than willing to concede that, tactically, putting Maxine McKew up against him in his own electorate was genius (assuming he played some role).

He couldn't attack her. To do so would be like shooting Bambi. Howard lost that seat the moment she became the Labor candidate. Good times.
People were just tired of the relentless negativity that he and his tired government represented. It stood in stark contrast to the positivity and momentum that the Kevin07 campaign represented. For all of the talk about the last election being unloseable. It was the 2007 campaign that was truly un-losable for labor.

5 minutes in and out for me. Living in a tiny rural community is grand.

No he was cool. Not his fault. In fact he said THEY were expecting it to be nearly empty too.
The expectation was that it would be nearly empty by everyone. Would I be alone in thinking that this could be a very high turnout....or is everyone across the nation just trying to get back for the Dogs v Suns? If the former, I'm thinking it's not good news for the incumbent

People were just tired of the relentless negativity that he and his tired government represented. It stood in stark contrast to the positivity and momentum that the Kevin07 campaign represented. For all of the talk about the last election being unloseable. It was the 2007 campaign that was truly un-losable for labor.
I agree. Bennelong was some terrific icing on a delicious cake though.

For me, just the after taste wasn't so good. I felt quite nauseous in fact. Can't stomach it to this day.

Made the mistake of not planning ahead this year, forgot to apply for postal vote. Have just brought home my newborn yesterday, and now have to figure out how the hell I'm going to vote today while also caring for my wife. Why the hell can't we vote digitally

The expectation was that it would be nearly empty by everyone. Would I be alone in thinking that this could be a very high turnout....or is everyone across the nation just trying to get back for the Dogs v Suns? If the former, I'm thinking it's not good news for the incumbent
But who is the incumbent? The Dogs or the Suns? We've been recumbent most of the season. Meanwhile the Suns are in the ascendant, aren't' they?

Made the mistake of not planning ahead this year, forgot to apply for postal vote. Have just brought home my newborn yesterday, and now have to figure out how the hell I'm going to vote today while also caring for my wife. Why the hell can't we vote digitally
We can.
1653098827962.jpeg
Congrats on the new-born anyway, VD! Great times.

Congrats on the newborn, VD. I'm guessing it was artificial insemination?

I’ve been working in Preston this morning so I’ve come to the local school to vote. Huge turnout judging by the queue. Some defeated-looking elderly chap outside handing out Liberal Party flyers. I’m surprised he hasn’t been beaten to death. For a progressive electorate this line is moving very slowly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back