Fixture 2022 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit underwhelming. From what I've noticed so far:
-between the 27th of March and the 20th of May, we have 2 games in Melbourne.
- that means Good Friday is our only Melbourne home game in a 7 week stretch!
- Tassie for Mother's Day weekend, not unhappy about that from a selfish point of view but not sure how good it will be commercially.

Pretty brutal commercially with our home games at marvelt

Upper end members are treated with absolute disdain, year in year out, and the club does * all about it.

Except selling more games to Tassie that is.

1 free to air match again (on a public holiday when most people are away)! I doubt any TBCs will become free to air later on in the season.
How can people watch their team in regional areas with substandard internet or don't have the disposable income for Kayo/Fox?
Surely the club should be raising this as an equity and social/regional disadvantage issue!

-our 7 Marvel home games are against
WCE
WB
MEL
GWS
RIC
SYD
GCS
-----------
So again, commercially pretty horrendous. Richmond the only Big 5 club we get to host, and 4 of the games are against interstate teams.

Richmond is at Marvel. They don't travel there so even that is not a "commercial " game.

WCE
WB
MEL
GWS
RIC
SYD
GCS
-----------
So again, commercially pretty horrendous. Richmond the only Big 5 club we get to host, and 4 of the games are against interstate teams.
Richmond supporters don't really turn up to Marvel either.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Insult to injury:. They have released the host broadcaster for the first 9 rounds and we are on FTA ONCE! Good Friday again the only light in a dark fixture - it's like we're getting punished for keeping it!!!

We can complain about the commercial viability of the fixture but to be honest the best way to fix it is to start winning and playing good footy. From that perspective I am happy with the 5 double up games. It’s no coincidence the team that finished bottom 2 the last 2 years is the team used to shuffle and accomodate the others each week. That will change if we start winning.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the AFL:

Richmond and Carlton, Richmond and Essendon, Essendon and Collingwood, and Collingwood and Carlton will all play each other twice at the 'Home of Football'.

We can complain about the commercial viability of the fixture but to be honest the best way to fix it is to start winning and playing good footy. From that perspective I am happy with the 5 double up games. It’s no coincidence the team that finished bottom 2 the last 2 years is the team used to shuffle and accomodate the others each week. That will change if we start winning.

This is bullshit. The fixture and FTA schedules are often completely decoupled from team success.

Carlton and Richmond have owned the season opener forever when until 2017 their crowning achievement in the previous 15 years was about 2 finals wins between then. One of which was literally between them.

Anzac Day was hardcoded to * and Collingwood in 1995 because of their massive shared team success in 1994?

Melbourne got the Queen's Birthday fixture against a big drawing Vic side locked in perpetually because... ?

Melbourne didn't leave Victoria in Round 1 for 10 years straight because.... ? We left Victoria for 50% of round 1 games for 10 year straight because...?

Etc. Etc. The AFL simply picks and chooses what they like. Team success is trotted out as a justification when it suits their argument.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s all well and good to say that but I’m sure Collingwood and Carlton have been given a first class ride by the AFL despite being nearly as bad on field.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the AFL:
Haven’t played Carlton twice since 2007 yet the so called big 4 are almost always doubled up every year. Two distinct classes of teams in the afl.

Might be in the minority but I don’t mind that fixture. We have had much worse the last 5 years.

Good to get GF and 2 MCG games. From a selfish point of view happy to get a game early in Brisbane to see the boys. Hoping for a better performance than that s**t show against the Suns last year.

The five teams we're playing twice are: Adelaide, Geelong, Gold Coast Suns, Hawthorn, Sydney Swans.

That's not terrible. Could be 6 victories right there!
yep, we're playing finals baby. 6 wins there, plus we will beat West Coast, * and Carlton at Marvel which makes 9 wins.

Beat Port at Blundstone and Pies at the G make 11.

Then just need to beat 2 of Saints, GWS and Richmond which are all at Marvel.

With 1 game on FTA TV we need to make a statement when we are the team up and flying. We should be telling Channel 7 to * off when they come knocking on our change room door after each of our wins.

WCE
WB
MEL
GWS
RIC
SYD
GCS
-----------

And they do not travel to Marvel. Giant middle finger from the AFL.

I'm sick of waiting an entire off season and having 6+ weeks without games. This club and the AFL are giving me the absolute shits.

Last edited:
Somewhat agree. We finished dead last this year, been the worst performed team over the last 2 years. Some were even calling for a Priority Pick. Can't expect to be given favourable treatment with the fixture, FTA games, etc. Need to start getting the W's on the board

2021 Ladder PositionSEVEN Broadcast Games confirmed 2022 (1st 9 rounds)
Melbourne5
Port Adelaide5
Geelong4
Brisbane3
Bulldogs8
Sydney3
GWS4
Essendon5
West Coast1
St Kilda5
Fremantle1
Richmond6
Carlton4
Hawthorn4
Adelaide1
Gold Coast0
Collingwood5
North Melbourne1

EDIT: Corrected to show games covered by Seven instead of FTA to account for non-Vic state licencing deals.

Last edited:
Somewhat agree. We finished dead last this year, been the worst performed team over the last 2 years. Some were even calling for a Priority Pick. Can't expect to be given favourable treatment with the fixture, FTA games, etc. Need to start getting the W's on the board

Only if you’re certain teams do wins matter....

I’m not after favorable treatment. I’m after at least a base level of fairness.

This league is the only one that bases the next seasons games on the prior season(s) performances.

It’s completely ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back