2022 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it normal for tickets to appear in the Lions app if you haven't gone and redeemed them yet? Just went to get two tickets to round 1 and they're already there. Both are GA memberships.

Edit - should have read the email they sent out a bit more clearly. Apparently there is no redeeming tickets beforehand this year unless you are wanting to upgrade. Assume this will change for the anticipated sellout games...although round 1 should be a pretty big game!

Last edited:
Reasonable figures before the start of the season.
Would be a minor miracle for them to get to 50k though.
I haven't been able to keep a track the last two years , so no idea where we were at this time last year.
This day in 2019 we had 18,634 , finished with 28,821.

Last year was a total of 40,289.
Even over 45,000 would be huge, way more than the broncos ha ha.
Just checked out the Lions site to see if we can see the current total.
Yes you can:D
The total and is now 30,121.

I haven't been able to keep a track the last two years , so no idea where we were at this time last year.
This day in 2019 we had 18,634 , finished with 28,821.

Last year was a total of 40,289.
Even over 45,000 would be huge, way more than the broncos ha ha.
Just checked out the Lions site to see if we can see the current total.
Yes you can:D
The total and is now 30,121.
Ps. Just checked out the Swannies tally last year as they are close to us at this stage .
Swannies last year 50,144.
Would be great to get higher than them, 50,000 lets go.

Reasonable figures before the start of the season.
Would be a minor miracle for them to get to 50k though.

I would have thought we'd be, at least, in the low 30ks by now so I'm a bit disappointed by our numbers. And I agree that us getting to 50k this year might still be a pipe dream.

Sydney's number surprises me. I would have thought....maybe...... mid 40ks?? Wasn't expecting the likes of North or the saints to have more.

I would have thought we'd be, at least, in the low 30ks by now so I'm a bit disappointed by our numbers. And I agree that us getting to 50k this year might still be a pipe dream.

Sydney's number surprises me. I would have thought....maybe...... mid 40ks?? Wasn't expecting the likes of North or the saints to have more.
We always have the second or third lowest membership numbers so that doesn’t particularly surprise me.

We always have the second or third lowest membership numbers so that doesn’t particularly surprise me.

Doesn’t help when our VIC (Melbourne based) members get to see the boys play 4 times a season. If we got 7 games like the Swans have reckon you can double the number of VIC (Melbourne based) based members - it costs more to be a member than it does to buy a general admin ticket for all four games.

On a separate note caught up with a good mate the other day. He’s a platinum Richmond member. He got a lanyard with ‘2022 platinum member’ on it as part of his membership, together with a ‘platinum member’ membership card.

I showed my plain old ‘2022 member’ member lanyard in the car, for which had to purchase (albeit using the voucher).

The club need to fix this - lanyards need to be provided with memberships showing what level / how long one has been a financial member. I sent feedback but never got a response.

Doesn’t help when our VIC (Melbourne based) members get to see the boys play 4 times a season. If we got 7 games like the Swans have reckon you can double the number of VIC (Melbourne based) based members - it costs more to be a member than it does to buy a general admin ticket for all four games.

On a separate note caught up with a good mate the other day. He’s a platinum Richmond member. He got a lanyard with ‘2022 platinum member’ on it as part of his membership, together with a ‘platinum member’ membership card.

I showed my plain old ‘2022 member’ member lanyard in the car, for which had to purchase (albeit using the voucher).

The club need to fix this - lanyards need to be provided with memberships showing what level / how long one has been a financial member. I sent feedback but never got a response.
I'm with you, a bit dissapointed they stopped the lanyards just when mine was turning gold, meaning a solid 10 years of membership.
It's a physical piece you can wear and feel you have acheived something.
Myself personally , I have never bought memberships before even though I have supported teams in the past , so they acually mean something.
the only team have been so invested in and have the pride that we got on them when they were struggling and stuck with them.
So I agree it would be great to wear a lanyard that showed your length of loyalty.
Does your 2022 one show your level of membership.

I'm with you, a bit dissapointed they stopped the lanyards just when mine was turning gold, meaning a solid 10 years of membership.
Myself personally , I have never bought memberships before even though I have supported teams in the past , so they acually mean something.
the only team have been so invested in and have the pride that we got on them when they were struggling and stuck with them.
So I agree it would be great to wear a lanyard that showed your length of loyalty.

I miss my lanyard too. Just hit my 10th year this year and going back years ago I was always excited to one day hit the gold lanyard. Weird how small things like that have sentiment!

Nope it just says ‘member’, so as far as identification goes a 25 year member is the same as a 1 year member.

Can someone explain how general admission ticketing is supposed to work this year? I am a GA member and there is no longer a need to reserve tickets like we had to do last year. Yet on many occasions it was difficult to find a seat in GA due to the bigger crowds we are starting to get.

How do they know how many people will be turning up to sit in general admission of all GA members have a ticket but they will still be selling public tickets in that section as well?? Won’t matter for the smaller games, so perhaps they will be requiring us to reserve seats to the bigger games?

Interested to see how it works…not really keen on getting there 2 hours early to get a seat.

That would be my suggestion -
Get there early.

As with general admission anywhere in the Country. First in best dressed.
Unfortunately this is not always possible for me, if you’re talking elsewhere in the country there is loads more general admission than at the GABBA!

You’re probably right though and this is how it will be, our first blockbuster will be Easter weekend so guess we’ll see how it works with reserved seating etc

Unfortunately this is not always possible for me, if you’re talking elsewhere in the country there is loads more general admission than at the GABBA!

You’re probably right though and this is how it will be, our first blockbuster will be Easter weekend so guess we’ll see how it works with reserved seating etc
I was sitting behind Swanny at the game against Adelaide last week and he said the early ticket sales for the Port game were looking very strong also.
So you might want to get there early for that one too.
Ticket sales not looking particularly strong for the North game in Round 3 so far.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This year I'm going to make more of an effort to use public transport to get to games. One thing I've never been able to work out though is where do the buses to Roma St leave from after the game? Last time I went down to the bus station but there were no buses heading that way for some reason. Is it somewhere across the road from gate 2?

This year I'm going to make more of an effort to use public transport to get to games. One thing I've never been able to work out though is where do the buses to Roma St leave from after the game? Last time I went down to the bus station but there were no buses heading that way for some reason. Is it somewhere across the road from gate 2?
I have not got the busses for the last 2 covid years.
It used to be the "City" buses that dropped people off at Roma Street but not via the busway
So in Roma street itself
You would have to walk the short distance to catch a train or to the actual busway if that is what you need
They use to leave opposite gate 1 in Stanley Street
See this map

Update: no ticketing info available from Geelong yet. Got reply back from Lions membership team

Anyone know how to go about getting tickets for the Lions/Geelong game in Geelong? Searching ticketmaster and nothing. Do Geelong members fill all the seats?

Update: no ticketing info available from Geelong yet. Got reply back from Lions membership team

Anyone know how to go about getting tickets for the Lions/Geelong game in Geelong? Searching ticketmaster and nothing. Do Geelong members fill all the seats?
Can't help with the ticket sales part but availability will be a problem at Geelong for a while. Most likely until late 2023 if they are lucky
Watched Geelong game on TV the other day.
Construction zone is from one 50 meter mark past goal posts around to the other 50 meter mark
This is for a new 14,000 seating grandstand
The Vic Government are spending $143 million to increase capacity by only 4000 to a new capacity of 40,000
Can't find the new capacity limit.

Based on last year the club will send an email out to members regarding how to purchase tickets in a pre-sale prior to it going to general sales - this is what happened last year.

Based on last year the club will send an email out to members regarding how to purchase tickets in a pre-sale prior to it going to general sales - this is what happened last year.

Sounds like Vic Lions members only?

We don't have any ticketing information available for that match just yet. Our Victorian members will receive a discounted ticketing option however, as mentioned, we haven't received any information from Geelong in relation to when they're going to be available

Can't help with the ticket sales part but availability will be a problem at Geelong for a while. Most likely until late 2023 if they are lucky
Watched Geelong game on TV the other day.
Construction zone is from one 50 meter mark past goal posts around to the other 50 meter mark
This is for a new 14,000 seating grandstand
The Vic Government are spending $143 million to increase capacity by only 4000 to a new capacity of 40,000
Can't find the new capacity limit.

Hmm, didn't realise that. It will be a shame if we're in Vic and can't go. Got tix for F1 as well so was hoping for a bumper sport weekend. May be looking for somewhere me and fam can watch instead

Last edited:
Sounds like Vic Lions members only?

We don't have any ticketing information available for that match just yet. Our Victorian members will receive a discounted ticketing option however, as mentioned, we haven't received any information from Geelong in relation to when they're going to be available

Yeah that was how it was distributed last year - however it wasn't limited to one ticket per member and I was able to purchase 2 extra ones for friends of mine who weren't vic members.

I got a similar but slightly different email, as a Vic member:

THE GABBA
Victorian members have access up to 5 Brisbane Lions home games at the Gabba. Your general admission ticket for each match will be available 72 hours prior to each home game in your Brisbane Lions app. Members can also upgrade to a discounted reserved seat via Ticketmaster and we recommend this for blockbuster matches (R5 v Collingwood, R17 v Essendon, R21 v Carlton)
From ticketmaster website:
1646732801048.png
Trying to upgrade our memberships for Port Round 1. Does anyone know how to get barcode number this year? Is it ID (account) number?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back