NFL 2022 NFL - Wild Card Weekend

Who will win Wild Card Weekend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 @ 8:35AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflseahawks: (7) Seattle at :nfl49ers: (2) San Francisco

SUNDAY, JANUARY 15 @ 12:15PM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nfllac: (5) Los Angeles at :nfljaguars: (4) Jacksonville

MONDAY, JANUARY 16 @ 5:05AM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nfldolphins: (7) Miami at :nflbills: (2) Buffalo

MONDAY, JANUARY 16 @ 8:40AM(LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflgiants: (6) New York at :nflvikings: (3) Minnesota

MONDAY, JANUARY 16 @ 12:15PM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflravens: (6) Baltimore at :nflbengals:(3) Cincinnati

TUESDAY, JANUARY 17 @ 12:15PM (LIVE ON ESPN/KAYO AND 7MATE)
:nflcowboys:(5) Dallas at :nflbucs: (4) Tampa Bay

DIVISIONAL GAME
:nflchiefs: (1) Kansas City
:nfleagles: (1) Philadelphia

NB: VIC, NSW, TAS times
less 30 mins SA
less 1 hour Qld
less 1.5 hours NT
less 3 hours WA

2022 statistically saw Touchdowns down, passing yards and pass attempts down, abd rush yards and rush attempts up...on previous seasons
I'd like to know the stats on the number of different QBs that took snaps in 2022, and whether or not that number is abnormally high. To me there seemed to be a lot of backup QBs playing this year.

59 QBs had more than 100 snaps this year, 52 had more than 100 snaps last year, 47 the year before! - a trend?

Last edited:
I'd like to know the stats on the number of different QBs that took snaps in 2022, and whether or not that number is abnormally high. To me there seemed to be a lot of backup QBs playing this year.
Yeah that would be interesting. Even without having stats tho, for sure there were tons of multiple QBs starting or having portions of game time, even QBs who come on for a few snaps here and there was a lot more frequent than usual

Yeah that would be interesting. Even without having stats tho, for sure there were tons of multiple QBs starting or having portions of game time, even QBs who come on for a few snaps here and there was a lot more frequent than usual
see above - I edited the original post

I am as diehard 49ers fan as you can get and i can't see us winning it all.

Making superbowl yes beating Chiefs or Bengals no.

Can't see any team beating an AFC team in superbowl unless its the Bills they only know how to lose them.

59 QBs had more than 100 snaps this year, 52 had more than 100 snaps last year, 47 the year before! - a trend?

Trend or throwing rookies to the wolves or thinking some career 2nd stringer is magically going to become a franchise QB?

The lack of planning for the long term for the most important position in pro sport is staggering.

Time for my annual gripe....

My biggest peeve is that the NFL Awards are terrible.

Should be a Player of the Year given to each position....QB, RB, TE, WR, OT, OG, C, DT, DE, LB, CB, S, P, K. All treated equally. Then an MVP is chosen from one of those winners. And retroactively apply those awards thruout the SB era.

Knowing how Lamar gets offended over everything, you can bet your bottom dollar that when the Ravens signed Smith to the largest contract in off ball LBer history he was up all night throwing his toys out of his cot.
He reacted about the same as he has for any other big money deal the team has given out the last few years (and no, I don't know why other players refer to him as Unc/Uncle)

Chargers social media team came with the receipts

its a shame their coaching and D couldn't operate at this level as the Chargers social media team is elite.

But that said, half of those quotes aren't anywhere close to as damning as they want you to believe from that video.

Hawks @ 9ers
San Fran have run rampant on them both games this year. Seahawks will commit to stopping the run from the start, but that will open up some explosive shots for Purdy.
Shanahan will have his finger on the pulse all day and 9ers will never leave their comfort zone.
The one if is the weather, expecting heavy rain, so a few mistakes from Purdy can turn this into a special teams battle and that's how the Hawks have a chance.
49ers 24-13

Chargers @ Jags

Jags too big and too physical for the Chargers. They won 38-10 in LA earlier this year and for good reason. Etienne should have a field day, and in the playoffs when the home team has a better Oline, is bigger, more physical, better coached, at home, they win 9/10.
Two inexperienced teams but above all else I trust Pederson, he's the one factor that has shown he is SB caliber.
Jags 23-20

Dolphins @ Bills

Snoozefest of the week. Best player in the league vs. Skylar Thompson. Warm weather team in freezing hostile conditions against the best team in the conference.
Not much to say here, Bills roll.
Bills 27-10

Giants @ Vikings

Will come down to the first 20 minutes of the game. Giants have a chance if they get an early lead and can play on their terms (i.e. run the ball and take advantage of Vikings soft interior of their scheme). But if the Vikings put 7 up straight away and force a 3 and out it could be 21-0 before you blink.
Two overrated teams who are going nowhere, but. I do trust the Vikes offence more than anything else.
Vikings 31-23

Ravens @ Bengals

Not much to say on this one, Bengals run D will shut it down early. Their O isn't quite as explosive these days as they like to control the game and have it on their terms.
Not super high scoring, but Bengals will be in control throughout.
Bengals 24-10

Cowboys @ Buccaneers

Not sure yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seattle....master defensive gameplan to expose Purdy, and Geno Smith goes off.

Jacksonville....should be a tight defensive battle, 50:50 call, going with Lawrence/Pederson/destiny.

Miami....Dolphins come up with a brilliant defensive gameplan to stifle and frustrate Allen into errors/INTs.

New York....Giants and Vikings in a high scoring shootout, again 50:50, but leaning toward how often the Vikings crumble or look unprepared and lose their way. Cousins to make obe of those customary errors where he takes a sack with time running, no timeouts, as the half ends and a lost FG try.

Cincinnati....Bengals to absolutely thrash the Ravens.

Dallas....the Cowboys are probably the winner in this, as they're due after a disappointing loss last week, but hard to imagine Brady not getting things go his way either. I actually pick Tampa Bay to win but expecting the Cowboys to.

Seattle....master defensive gameplan to expose Purdy, and Geno Smith goes off.

Jacksonville....should be a tight defensive battle, 50:50 call, going with Lawrence/Pederson/destiny.

Miami....Dolphins come up with a brilliant defensive gameplan to stifle and frustrate Allen into errors/INTs.

New York....Giants and Vikings in a high scoring shootout, again 50:50, but leaning toward how often the Vikings crumble or look unprepared and lose their way. Cousins to make obe of those customary errors where he takes a sack with time running, no timeouts, as the half ends and a lost FG try.

Cincinnati....Bengals to absolutely thrash the Ravens.

Dallas....the Cowboys are probably the winner in this, as they're due after a disappointing loss last week, but hard to imagine Brady not getting things go his way either. I actually pick Tampa Bay to win but expecting the Cowboys to.

Seattle doesn’t have Defense personal to worry 49ers. Their 30th against the run which spells trouble against the 49ers.

Miami no matter how well d plays just ain’t going to score enough points on offence to win the game with skylar at qb.

Seattle doesn’t have Defense personal to worry 49ers. Their 30th against the run which spells trouble against the 49ers.

Miami no matter how well d plays just ain’t going to score enough points on offence to win the game with skylar at qb.
I like to believe tho :(

That makes sense in a weird way.

Same thing happened with Mahomes at Texas Tech at Kansas City.

The ideal way to prepare for the NFL for a QB could be playing Division 1 football..but for a smaller program.

That way you play against the best competition possible with little NFL talent around you.

When you get to the NFL suddenly there's so much around you and you've already developed the skills to cope with anything because you've kinda seen it all before.

Let's face it...Big schools like Bama, LSU,Geogia, Michigan, OSU, USC and Texas monopolise most o f the NFL calibre talent in CFB.

QBs from big programs are soo used to playing with the top WRs/OL guys that at the NFL Level..the talent they are sorrounded with is actually a downgrade and they struggle.

It wouldn’t surprise me if that’s one of the things a lot of franchises look for. If you can produce when the deck is stacked against you, then you can be better when you’re an NFL caliber athlete. Obviously being a 5 star guy on a big time program isn’t an immediate knock but there is the narrative of OSU QBs out there due to this kind of issue.

Tua said this and was destroyed for it.

He started 3-0, mainly off of strong defensive performances was the context (he didn't need to do much).

We’re gonna find out why he was taken at pick 200 in the play offs IMO. Hope it’s Sunday as I’ll be at a house full of 49er fans (plus it means a Dallas home game in the divisional round ;).

Last edited:
Back