Play Nice 2022 Non AFL Crowds/Ratings/Finance/Development thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Following the brutal Russian invasion of the Ukraine, around the world, many sports etc. are condemning Russia- & instituting bans on Russian-linked teams.

EPL Chelsea's Russian owner, R. Abramovich, is desperately trying to "distance"/eliminate his ownership.

Many brutal regimes (inc oil-rich Middle East & China) have been accused of "sportswahing"- funding sport to gain international "respect".

"2nd March​

7am: Reports emerge overnight suggesting that Abramovich is open to selling Chelsea. Swiss billionaire Hansjorg Wyss tells the Blick newspaper that he and “three other people” have been offered the chance to buy the club, but says he is only interested in doing so as part of a consortium.

“Abramovich is trying to sell all his villas in England, he also wants to get rid of Chelsea quickly,” Wyss told Blick.

abraputin.jpg

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich has long denied a close relationship with Putin".

Here is a list of sporting organisations adopting anti-Russia policies & bans.

Sydney FC, in the A League, is owned by a very wealthy, Russian-born businessman (who, AFAIK, also spends time in Aust.)- D. Traktovenko.
Will Sydney FC suffer from similar anti-Russian anger? And how?

Last edited:
Russian banker D. Traktovenko (who lives in St Petersburg, but has a mansion in Mosman) has handballed ("quietly walked away") ownership of the A League's Sydney FC to his family (daughter Alina & husband S. Barlow live in Sydney)- who own 98% now of Sydney FC .

Traktovenko is not the legal owner. But does he exercise any control, or influence?
(And why is there no legal documentation with ASIC etc. that he no longer has any ownership? When, why, how, & by whom were the A League advised?).

Who are the legal owners, & are funding directly or indirectly, of Western United (& not just the Nominees)?

Last edited:

Russian banker D. Traktvenko (who lives in St Petersburg, but has a mansion in Mosman) has handballed ("quietly walked away") ownership of the A League's Sydney FC to his family (daughter Alina & husband S. Barlow live in Sydney)- who own 98% now of Sydney FC .

Traktavenko is not the legal owner. But does he exercise any control, or influence?
Probably

The Australian Grand Prix is looking likely to happen this time next month:
Track action at the event begins with the support categories, headlined by the Supercars Championship, on April 7.

Formula 1 cars hit the track for opening practice the following day, with race start locked in for 15:00 on April 10.

Race day is a sell out:
Race day for this year’s Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix is effectively a sell out despite the race being six weeks away.

Organisers in Melbourne have today confirmed that the race-day general admission allocation has been exhausted, following on from sell out grandstand sales.

According to the Australian Grand Prix website, race day hospitality offerings are also sold out.

Four day passes are, however, still available for fans wishing to attend.

Interest in the event has been strong with demand out stripping even pre-sale supply, forcing the expansion and addition of grandstand seating.

:thumbsu:

Hi folks.

I used to have trouble tracking down data on crowd numbers sometimes, but recently I found this site. Anyone know anything about its reliability?

Pretty comprehensive, so if it's to be trusted, probably a pretty good one for us to bookmark.

Hi folks.

I used to have trouble tracking down data on crowd numbers sometimes, but recently I found this site. Anyone know anything about its reliability?

Pretty comprehensive, so if it's to be trusted, probably a pretty good one for us to bookmark.

Used it for years, its reliable in my experience, but with crowd numbers I'm cynical no matter the source.

Hi folks.

afltables.com is where i go for AFL and NRL crowds.
ultimate a-league for A-league crowds.

The Adelaide 500 Supercars event cancelled by the Marshall Government was a factor in its defeat over the weekend:

It had been in play for some time:

The Adelaide 500 Supercars event cancelled by the Marshall Government was a factor in its defeat over the weekend:

It had been in play for some time:
Bugger all impact. There was only one real policy Labor ran on, Health and ambulance ramping.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

shane-warne-special-pulls-in-445k-metro-viewers-730089

Is 445k good ?
'Seven’s TV special titled Warnie, a showcase of the recently deceased Shane Warne’s life, had 445,000 metro viewers last night.'

'Topping all programming, however, was Nine’s Married At First Sight (MAFS) with 954,000 metro viewers, with the show also topping all three of the key demographics (16 to 39, 18 to 49 and 25 to 54).

I never understood why the Rabbitohs/rooster matches get such poor crowds. I get stadium Australia is an awful venue but you would think the 2 oldest clubs in their sport would have a greater following and greater buzz to its clashes. They had 60,000 attend a game back in 2013 and I don't think they have gotten anywhere near it since outside finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back