2nds 2022 Peel Thunder

Remove this Banner Ad

He is 22 years old coming off injuries.

Patience.

I rather Sturt than pick 60.
Look you're right, but it gets to a point where you question if even Sturt is getting tired of being overlooked or not given an opportunity. If I were him, I wouldn't be against looking at options when his contract is up.

So, I went to the Tigers v Sharks game today and geez there are some tough nuts running around in the Sharks midfield. One particular little fella is #1 Milan Murdock. A beauty, skilful, fast and so tough for a little fella. Shades of Ballas.
Yeah Ive noticed him a couple of times this year. Looks quick and very good skills. Makes me a bit annoyed at signing Colyer so far before the end of season to be honest. If we delisted Colyer highly doubtful anyone would have picked him up so we could have gone to the draft and then if no player we wanted was available we thought was worth a main list spot we could have redrafted Colyer with our last pick.

Everyone criticising the forwards is looking at meaningless stats. Peel had 25 scoring shots from 43 inside 50s, they went at 20 possessions per goal. The forwards weren’t brilliant, but they were good and efficient. When you’re efficient, you don’t pad your stats with turnover possessions in forward half and chips around the half forward line. It’s fine to do those things, but the stats reflect the type of game.

They weren't brilliant but they were good and efficient

Look you're right, but it gets to a point where you question if even Sturt is getting tired of being overlooked or not given an opportunity. If I were him, I wouldn't be against looking at options when his contract is up.

We all see talent

We realise injuries

We haven't seen his best all year

He's in trouble

Yeah, I wouldn't blame Sturt for mentally checking out.

Imagine kicking a couple of goals every week then your head coach goes to the media and says some bullshit like you don't play with enough intensity so that's why your not getting a game... s**t, I'd look to bounce too.

Oi where is the love for Willo? Was incredible today and was the reason we moved the ball so well off half back. Really think he could pull off a wing role. Really dumb of the club not to try him in that position at Peel to see if he has what it takes.

Oi where is the love for Willo? Was incredible today and was the reason we moved the ball so well off half back. Really think he could pull off a wing role. Really dumb of the club not to try him in that position at Peel to see if he has what it takes.
agreed. Mentioned back in June that he has a few positives for a winger: good defensively, can run, long kick, can take a mark and not afraid to tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loving how my buddy Amiss has come back from a long injury but seems to have not taken a step backwards. Four scoring shots yesterday, 2 goals 2 behinds. Building nicely and will surely feature in the 22 next year.
Leaping ahead to next season, do you think he can be viable from the start?

Will be really interesting to see his development.

I mean that last goal from Amiss...

He's gonna be a dangerous forward given how efficient he is.

Can't wait for 200 games of that please.
I was struck almost dumb by how good that kick was.
Its not often these days my jaw actually drops at a piece of play or action in footy, seen just about everything.
It was so calm, clinical and perfectly executed but like a trick shot on a pool table or something.

Its not often these days my jaw actually drops at a piece of play or action in footy, seen just about everything.
It was so calm, clinical and perfectly executed but like a trick shot on a pool table or something.
He was just lucky the wind caught it, otherwise it would have gone out on the full ;)

The crowds reaction was awesome as well

I skimmed through the game quickly this morning, of those not mentioned much, I thought Sturt was better than his stats suggested. Had some great contests and pressure acts and general good intent, his skills were also pretty good for the most part on a day when a lot struggled.

I really hope we keep Sturt around for at least another year

I skimmed through the game quickly this morning, of those not mentioned much, I thought Sturt was better than his stats suggested. Had some great contests and pressure acts and general good intent, his skills were also pretty good for the most part on a day when a lot struggled.

I really hope we keep Sturt around for at least another year
Feels like a delist and rookie situation, if we going hard for Jackson its not like our draft hand will be strong anyway. Seems pointless to delist him completely.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back