Rumour 2022 Rumour Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they are now holding it after the grand final every year. I guess it helps set the expectation that we should be in the finals, and that should be our goal.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's only been two-three weeks since we've been knocked out of all competitions, just saying.

So essentially we think a future 3rd is more than Poulter is worth.

Crouch, McAsey and Sholl are wait and see. I suspect McAsey and one of the others will be gone. Just can't see anyone offering much for Crouch.
Rowe delisted. WB might look at as a DFA

If McAsey and Frampton go, we should be looking at some key defender back up.

More about list spots than worth. If we had space for a free hit we may consider it but at this stage we will struggle to get two picks at the draft as none of the rumoured players are likely to find homes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The lack of any delistings to this point implies (to me at least) that we don't have a clearly defined and concrete strategy or roadmap.

Any strategy that is based on 'let's see what other outcomes play out first' doesn't instill a boatload of confidence in me. I get there's an element of that, but the fact that we haven't made any calls yet is a worry.

Yup, that's what happens when you sign nearly all of your senior listed players, and put your list to the point where you're hoping to trade players out/pay out contracts to free up list spots.

I mean rankine is a pretty big get
No doubt he is.....

Are we looking at anyone else however?

As galling as it is hearing Port going after everyone, at least they're pro-active in targeting multiple players.......I don't know if we are even trying to do that ?

It seems that we are just glad to get Rankine and that's it?

No doubt he is.....

As galling as it is hearing Port going after everyone, at least they're pro-active in targeting multiple players.......I don't know if we are even trying to do that ?

I bet you we would look at others, had we had the list spots

Unfortunately we’ve done this to ourselves

Crouch, McAsey and Sholl are wait and see. I suspect McAsey and one of the others will be gone. Just can't see anyone offering much for Crouch.

Shame on you quoting a dead man

The lack of any delistings to this point implies (to me at least) that we don't have a clearly defined and concrete strategy or roadmap.

Any strategy that is based on 'let's see what other outcomes play out first' doesn't instill a boatload of confidence in me. I get there's an element of that, but the fact that we haven't made any calls yet is a worry.
What possible advantage is there is going early with delistings?

No doubt he is.....

I think it's better targeting quality instead of quantity. There's no need to be hyperactive. Let's face it, Port's recent trade record is nothing to write home about (as opposed to draft).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really think Reid is going to telegraph what the club is doing until they have someone signed sealed and delivered.

Maybe wait until the last day of trade week before getting too disappointed.

What possible advantage is there is going early with delistings?
Exactly none...Bit unfair on the player but if that's their intention, surely by now we'd know if there was even a sniff of interest from another club.

Yup, that's what happens when you sign nearly all of your senior listed players, and put your list to the point where you're hoping to trade players out/pay out contracts to free up list spots.
At least if any of them do have interest, they're a contracted player. There's no certainty about who we will delist so hard to consider getting as a DFA. Big brain move from Reid et al!

/s

As a club/team we now seem overly loyal to the players that we have got - obviously they are all of 'good character'.

A harder-edged club probably wouldn't have given contracts this year to Gollant (struggle to see an AFL player) and Parnell (likely too small for the big time) and would be pushing contracted McAsey, Crouch, Seedsman, McPherson and maybe others hard out the door.

If we aspire to a Premiership team then players who are (or may become) a C-Grader at best should be sacrificed for 2nd/3rd rounders or diamond in the rough rookies who just might go on to become A/B-graders (and if probably not they too get turfed out the door after 1-2 years).

Why repeat the Davis mistake (which we might even extend for another year)?

If there was any interest in Scholl, McAsey or Crouch, it'd be a different story.

Do you really think Reid is going to telegraph what the club is doing until they have someone signed sealed and delivered.

Maybe wait until the last day of trade week before getting too disappointed.
Spot on!

Everyone take a chill pill. reid is trying to manufacture another pick in the teens for GC for rankine right now.

as a backup he has front loaded the deal if forced to PSD or ND.

reid has learned a bit since he came out in year 1 and said we are getting bryce gibbs...

Spot on!

Everyone take a chill pill. reid is trying to manufacture another pick in the teens for GC for rankine right now.

as a backup he has front loaded the deal if forced to PSD or ND.

reid has learned a bit since he came out in year 1 and said we are getting bryce gibbs...
And that was more our former CEO Andrew Fagan's doing than Reid who reportedly told Reid basically "whatever it takes" get it done.

He shouldn't have gone on trade radio then.
they have to - its all a game lets just see. he did well with dawson i think he will figure something out

this is why they are prepared to move on mcasey, sholl, frampton, rowe, crouch, and i suspect a name we havent yet heard.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back