Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Predictions. (Based in Reality, not hopes and dreams)
Today: Acres > F3
Wed/Thurs: R1 + F1 > Jackson + F3
Fri: Logue + Tucker + F3 > F2 + PPF2 + PPF3
Mon: PPF2 + F3 > Sharp + Corbett + R2
Wed: Lobb > R1 (Brisbnes)
Acres, 73 -> F3, 63
13, F1 -> Jackson, 42
Logue, Tucker, F2 -> F3, F2, F2
F2 (North) -> Sharp, Corbett, F3
Meek -> 30 something (that the Hawks get off the Suns in some way)
Lobb, 41 -> 15

DragoDelph, added a Meek trade

Why does it feel like this trade period is going to make or break our flag chances with this current group?

• For a young club trying to build experience we appear to be borderline mismanaging some of our guys playing WAFL. i.e. playing guys like Logue in the forward line over Stuart or Treacy. Why isn't Erasmus getting more games?
    • Club seems to prefer stability over rewarding form or creating hunger
  • Trade periods should be used by clubs on the rise to fill holes and push higher up the ladder, not to plug holes from players leaving, essentially treading water

Jeez, we were a flag sniff until that Carlton implosion. We shouldn't have given kids a game for the sake of it.

Does Colin Young only work for Corporate Sports Australia or does he have invested interest?
If i was the Ceo, MD whatever, I wouldn't want this knob destroying my brand, and would phase him out. The only thing tying him there would be his existing player contracts. Therefore extending those contracts for as long as possible is in Colins best interests.
I don't think he'll get any new players, watch this guy slow fade to irrelevance.

View attachment 1524714
JammoMonty Cobbler
Are we talking memberships being microwaved if Logie bear changes his mind?!

Not at all. If he signs with Freo all good, but they better play him back 2… which I just don’t see how.

That said, him and Pearce as back 2 kills are counter punch. Unsure how they work him in to be honest HENCE why they couldn’t and moved him forward.

If they’re selling him as a 3rd tall? Yeah he needs to go.

Does Colin Young only work for Corporate Sports Australia or does he have invested interest?
If i was the Ceo, MD whatever, I wouldn't want this knob destroying my brand, and would phase him out. The only thing tying him there would be his existing player contracts. Therefore extending those contracts for as long as possible is in Colins best interests.
I don't think he'll get any new players, watch this guy slow fade to irrelevance.

I dunno, he can legit point to getting the best deal for his clients. Get them onto front loaded deals, and then request a trade with a year or 2 to go. It's totally unethical, but unless it gets him deregistered by the AFL then he's managed to get a few hundred grand extra for the player (with him picking up decent commissions).

It's only bad for his clients if clubs actively avoid recruiting his clients. Which might happen TBH. Certainly all things being equal come draft time i'm picking the one not managed by Young.

Assuming we're getting the Norf priority pick 2nd rounder, does anyone know when that is? Start of 2nd round, or before or after their actual 2nd rounder?
After their 2nd round. It therefore cant be any better than pick 20
Isn't their PP a future 2nd?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why does it feel like this trade period is going to make or break our flag chances with this current group?

• For a young club trying to build experience we appear to be borderline mismanaging some of our guys playing WAFL. i.e. playing guys like Logue in the forward line over Stuart or Treacy. Why isn't Erasmus getting more games?
    • Club seems to prefer stability over rewarding form or creating hunger
  • Trade periods should be used by clubs on the rise to fill holes and push higher up the ladder, not to plug holes from players leaving, essentially treading water

Sturt: from comments from ITK posters it seems that we want Sturt to show more defensively before he gets a game

Treacy: he started in the team, played some decent WAFL footy and then got injured and sick. If he had an un-interrupted season he probably would have played more. Perhaps he would have been in the side ahead of Amiss at year's end?

Mind you with an un-interrupted season, Amiss might have played more AFL as well. In fact, if both Treacy and Amiss were fit and firing all year would one of them got an extended go at 3rd tall ahead of Logue? If so, it might have been Logue playing a lot of WAFL footy.

Trade periods: are for every club to improve their list in every way possible. If we get Jackson that isn't plugging a hole because someone left. That is us making a decision (rightly or wrongly) that he is the kind of player we need to push higher up the ladder.

If we end up with two future seconds and three future thirds we can trade all the surplus picks to Brisbane for their future first, putting the points into their deficit.

The Lions can have unlimited draft picks for 2023 until the 2023 draft where their picks will be cut back to match the vacant list positions - but the deficit will be paid when the season ends, before the trade period.

If we end up with two future seconds and three future thirds we can trade all the surplus picks to Brisbane for their future first, putting the points into their deficit.

The Lions can have unlimited draft picks for 2023 until the 2023 draft where their picks will be cut back to match the vacant list positions - but the deficit will be paid when the season ends, before the trade period.
You an accountant IRL?

Can you do my tax?

Their list is rubbish. The have a scintillating top 10 of stars and then the rest of the 22 and squad are VFL players. They are a couple of long term injuries to mids and a run of bad form from total implosion, mass delistings and a rebuild.
This is pure pr0n for the bitter and twisted.

Would subscribe.

Tarryn Thomas apparently considering handing in a trade request now.

Reckon the AFL would approve a trade that involves us getting their invented future 2nd for Logue, and trading it back to them for Thomas?

Reckon the AFL would approve a trade that involves us getting their invented future 2nd for Logue, and trading it back to them for Thomas?
Thomas to me has major red flags. Top 5 pick level of talent with what seems like the work ethic of Colin Sylvia at best. I drafted him this year in DT and watching him was nauseating, absolutely zero *s given.

North would want a top 10 pick at minimum and I'd rather pick 20 then Thomas anyway. All the talent in the world doesnt overcome attitude in the AFL, especially in good teams

I think difference is we clearly don't rate acres for some reason and didn't want to match the offer to keep him. Logue on the other hand we're still trying to convince him to stay. So I don't think we'll be as easy on that front.

potato GIF

I don’t care if he has red flags. Get him in! This is the sort of risky play we can afford to make.

Instantly falls into wing or HFF role.

Is an absolute jet when going well. Was huge impact in Norths 2021 period where they went well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back