Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thomas to me has major red flags. Top 5 pick level of talent with what seems like the work ethic of Colin Sylvia at best. I drafted him this year in DT and watching him was nauseating, absolutely zero *s given.

North would want a top 10 pick at minimum and I'd rather pick 20 then Thomas anyway. All the talent in the world doesnt overcome attitude in the AFL, especially in good teams
Tyson Stengle apparently had a pretty poor attitude but look how that has come out.

Man I hate Young, the evil campaigner.

VHc288o.png
Key links for the next week and a half

Live draft picks: Drafts, Trading & Free Agency
Confirmed trades, dates and FA movement: Confirmed - Confirmed Trades & Free Agency Moves 2022 + Important Dates
AFL trade radio / trades: AFL Trade News & Video - AFL.com.au
Luke Jackson finally nominates Freo: Make Me Purple: Jackson Picks Dockers
You got me you delightful bastard. 🤣

Tyson Stengle apparently had a pretty poor attitude but look how that has come out.
I rate "off-field" issues different to attitude. Thomas has a massive attitude problem.

North arent letting Thomas go short of a top 10 pick with two years contracted and JHF leaving. Would you or Cobbler be comfortable with that price?

Man I hate Young, the evil campaigner.

VHc288o.png

You got me you delightful bastard. 🤣
i was roughly 2 seconds away from clicking in before i saw it was a link to youtube, well deserved bricking was given to snuff after that

If we end up with two future seconds and three future thirds we can trade all the surplus picks to Brisbane for their future first, putting the points into their deficit.

The Lions can have unlimited draft picks for 2023 until the 2023 draft where their picks will be cut back to match the vacant list positions - but the deficit will be paid when the season ends, before the trade period.
More inclined to trade back into this year, GC. Need picks next year for their Academy players and have 3 second rounders this year.
Logue = NM F2 PP = 25 (GC) = Keeler (Fwd/Ruck from SA)

The TL/DR (TL/DW??):
  • We've had an initial chat about Jeremy Sharp, but nothing "that's compelling enough at this stage";
  • Josh Corbett is meeting some Vic clubs this week.

I rate "off-field" issues different to attitude. Thomas has a massive attitude problem.

North arent letting Thomas go short of a top 10 pick with two years contracted and JHF leaving. Would you or Cobbler be comfortable with that price?

I’d have an attitude problem too at North.
I’d rather Thomas then Logue… put it that way. I’d rather Thomas than a F2.

So, if Thomas wants out and comes to Freo? I think we can make a deal that doesn’t involve a first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The TL/DR (TL/DW??):
  • We've had an initial chat about Jeremy Sharp, but nothing "that's compelling enough at this stage";
  • Josh Corbett is meeting some Vic clubs this week.

Sounds like neither are likely to be coming to us then, which in my view is fine

I’d have an attitude problem too at North.
I’d rather Thomas then Logue… put it that way. I’d rather Thomas than a F2.

So, if Thomas wants out and comes to Freo? I think we can make a deal that doesn’t involve a first.
For a guy that's contracted for two more years? I dont think North, as bad a situation as they are in, make that easy and if they let a young contracted player go for less than a top 10 pick then Tassie is calling IMO.

All redundant I suppose because he's not coming here if he asks for a trade

Top draft picks retain value for some time despite the player not actually doing much to justify the pick. If you had the 2018 draft all over again, you probably wouldn't pick Thomas in the top 20. But you reckon North would take a 2nd rounder? God no.

Sounds like neither are likely to be coming to us then, which in my view is fine
I reckon strong chance they're both coming. It's just business, he's fully aware who's listening and they choose their words wisely.

Weak from the trade radio crew not to ask what he considers to be compelling.

I reckon strong chance they're both coming. It's just business, he's fully aware who's listening and they choose their words wisely.

Weak from the trade radio crew not to ask what he considers to be compelling.
Gold Coast certainly have a compelling list management approach! Lol
Damn they suck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back