Game Day 2022 Trade Period Match Thread

Have you installed a Rheem or felt the loving embrace of Continental Tyres safely guide your trip?

• Having a shower in my Rheem right now

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • No, what a stupid poll

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • YOU DONT KNOW ME

Votes: 22 18.0%
  • Luke Jackson

Votes: 65 53.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It could also mean North aren't fighting much.

All that talk about Freo working to keep Logue for next year sends the message that North isn't guaranteed to get him in the PSD if they can't secure the trade - and now the media is talking about the size of his contract.

And they need the win, really really bad right now.

North send F1, F2(PP), F3(PP) to Freo for Logue, Tucker, F1, F2, F3
Yeah, we arent getting a North F1 and North arent giving it up this early in the piece if we were.

At best, we can get two F2's out of North in some way but I'm very worried we are just doing the two compo picks which would make me pretty angry

Yeah, we arent getting a North F1 and North arent giving it up this early in the piece if we were.

At best, we can get two F2's out of North in some way but I'm very worried we are just doing the two compo picks which would make me pretty angry

Yeah two of our players and it cost them zero

Melbourne can get stuffed. If I was Bell, I would say we have been more than reasonable and take our offer (which is already too much) off the table. Wait for the Logue trade and come back with 13 + F2. Take it or leave it. That is still a lot to pay, works out to about pick 4 value if North finish near the bottom. Yes, I realise the points undervalue the top picks, but that's what is there to compare trade values. If WC can beat that, then they can have Jackson.

To put it in perspective ... Jeremy Cameron was traded for the equivalent of pick 7. And he's one of the best KPF in the comp. Most top name trades in recent years work out to something in the 5-8 range in points value, and these are guys who are more proven than Jackson and in some cases still contracted. We're still going to be paying at the upper end of that with 13 + F2 (Logue), and as I am typing it should really be 13 + our own F2 or what we get for Lobb. Just unbelievably weak trading if we capitulate to Melbourne's demands.

Well Yeti, Blake Acres has been returned to his goat pen at Carltank. Let's see how he goes! Lol

Could be something stupid like
Norths F2 + F2pp + F3pp
For Freo Logue Tucker and our F3… or Carlton’s F3 for Acres.

Given the limited amount of players coming in this trade period, are we having welcome threads for our shitty picks? Give them some love and boost them up.
Did anybody wish Blake Acres well?...

Landscape Tumbleweed GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone should follow American sports. Good players get traded all the time for next to nothing. The priority is list space and cap management. It really takes the emotion out of player movement.

Guys like Acres and Tucker would have been cut for free in order to give more playing time to younger (and hopefully better) players. If Johnson and Erasmus become long term best 22 players, then a future third for Acres is just a little bonus.

In regards to Logue, we don’t have any leverage. His reported contract means nothing when it comes to trade value. Take what we can get, move on and focus on other trades. No point dragging it out.

Feels like we’re taking a big picture view of trade week, and that’s fine by me.

Everyone should follow American sports. Good players get traded all the time for next to nothing. The priority is list space and cap management. It really takes the emotion out of player movement.

Guys like Acres and Tucker would have been cut for free in order to give more playing time to younger (and hopefully better) players. If Johnson and Erasmus become long term best 22 players, then a future third for Acres is just a little bonus.

In regards to Logue, we don’t have any leverage. His reported contract means nothing when it comes to trade value. Take what we can get, move on and focus on other trades. No point dragging it out.

Feels like we’re taking a big picture view of trade week, and that’s fine by me.
I suddenly feel totally relaxed.

My two cents… hoping Belly and co make a one time, take it or shove it, deal for Jackson to Melbourne.

No Jackson, make a play for Georgiades and keep Meek.

Take Tippa on the cheap and hopefully we get an absolute diamond.

Lobb situation worries me. If old mate cracked it over not being allowed a move then we will have a sulking 206cm beanpole who’ll be very hard work. Hope if he stays that he’ll be the consummate professional kick us 40+.
Lobb can't afford to sulk if he is held to contract. He will be OOC at the end of next year and will need his form to preserve or increase his value as he will be another year older

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back