Who will win the Victorian election

• Labor

Votes: 128 87.1%
  • Coalition

Votes: 19 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure the families of all those people who died are thrilled at his return. He has everyone bluffed over here, the swings against Labor were in traditional Labor seats and there was simply too much fat to make a difference, but the swing was there. We will have four more years of gesticulating and condescending from Andrews. Victorians will spend the next four years scratching their heads as we work out who will ultimately pay off the enormous debt. Andrews believes it rains money in Victoria and lands on his front porch. He knows no one will ask any questions and even if they do, he won't answer them. I give Ross Lyon a better chance of success in the next four years than most Victorians.
You support trump, don’t pretend you care

It seems to me that the really noticeable shift to the right in the Liberal Party started in 2018, when many MPs got the idea in their heads that only way to beat Bill Shorten was to replace the moderate Turnbull with the hard-right Dutton.

Nikki Savva quoted some anonymous source saying that if Dutton was the answer, it was a very strange question. That push failed, and Morrison pulled off victory in 2019. Fast forward three years and one pandemic later, and the party has fully embraced American culture wars and anti-science, and completely lost the centre ground. How many more election thumpings until they realise going further right is not the answer?
IIRC wasn't Dutton's failed push solely because Matthias Cormann didn't know basic maths, thought Dutton had enough votes, and pulled the pin on the challenge early?

Agree with your observation though. Feel like Abbott represented the fruition of John Howard's flirtation of American conservatism and the rot of ideological cultism has consumed the LNP. They literally do not give a * about the views of the electorate and just feel like they are on a divine mission to impose their will on the population.

Perhaps some people wouldn't feel condescended to if they weren't so far below normal intelligence?

It's very hard to talk to someone on their level when that level is so low as to be almost impossible to stoop to.

It's just a theory of mine.
I do think Andrews became increasingly offputting and strong-armish throughout COVID, with Merlino serving as a good contrast on (in my view) a better rhetorical approach when he took over the press conferences briefly.

I do think Andrews became increasingly offputting and strong-armish throughout COVID, with Merlino serving as a good contrast on (in my view) a better rhetorical approach when he took over the press conferences briefly.

Dan's approach early was fine as it had cut through.

There was a distinct effort to have a variety of voices and styles. Sutton, Weimar, Foley, Merlino et al together with health practitioners/academics of substance and gravitas.

Andrews and Sutton copped it as it dragged on, Andrews in particular was seen as exhorting and dislikeable; particularly as we all tired in the second half of 2021. (Noone likes being told off after having given up a lot and collective discipline waivered with Andrews the natural locus of discontent).

Jacinta Allan will make a good premier but IMO it's a shame Merlino, Hennesy, Pakula, Foley etc have left the parliament- all are good communicators.

It's just a theory, bro.

I'm sure the families of all those people who died are thrilled at his return. He has everyone bluffed over here, the swings against Labor were in traditional Labor seats and there was simply too much fat to make a difference, but the swing was there. We will have four more years of gesticulating and condescending from Andrews. Victorians will spend the next four years scratching their heads as we work out who will ultimately pay off the enormous debt. Andrews believes it rains money in Victoria and lands on his front porch. He knows no one will ask any questions and even if they do, he won't answer them. I give Ross Lyon a better chance of success in the next four years than most Victorians.
So anything other than zero COVID deaths was the fault of the Premier? It seems the other cookers think there wasn't enough deaths and shouldn't have been any lockdowns at all.

You cookers need to get together and decide if it was more or less deaths you wanted from COVID and which way to blame Andrews.

Surely at some point soon you might give it up?

The State has a AA Credit Rating. It's net debt is projected to peak at 25% of GSP.

Dan's approach early was fine as it had cut through.

There was a distinct effort to have a variety of voices and styles. Sutton, Weimar, Foley, Merlino et al together with health practitioners/academics of substance and gravitas.

Andrews and Sutton copped it as it dragged on, Andrews in particular was seen as exhorting and dislikeable; particularly as we all tired in the second half of 2021. (Noone likes being told off after having given up a lot and collective discipline waivered with Andrews the natural locus of discontent).

Jacinta Allan will make a good premier but IMO it's a shame Merlino, Hennesy, Pakula, Foley etc have left the parliament- all are good communicators.
Pakula will succeed Sayers as baggers prez. You’ve read it here first. They’re close

Hopefully they dump Fydenberg as the number 1 ticket holder. Only issue is he BFF's with Sayers
Pakula is even closer to him. Assume it’s a set term or he’d be gone seeing as the campaigner has no public role anymore. Pakula is also a real supporter too…Fried campaigner ain’t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have it in Vic. But Marshall and the UFU cracked a tantie that the legit 60 odd non firie FRV employees who might appear on an industrial fire scene (all 60 members of unions, just other unions) were given access to the scheme and they wanted them to be excluded, despite being exposed to the same s*t and so ran anti labor ads. ****** poor form, he’s a campaigner
I don't get why they should be excluded, it is a stupid argument

I'm happy for them to get in, as long as;

1) It actually results in their single-issue being addressed
and
2) They don't run again at future elections once it's addressed

Bring on legalisation. It's way overdue.

100% I rarely even smoke anymore (only a handful of times in the last 10 years) but the benefits so far outweigh the costs it is ridiculous it is still illegal. When even the US is legalising it you know keeping it illegal is a relic.

Legalise it, tax it, stop wasting money policing it and take the money out of organised crime. Win/win/win/win.

I've enjoyed listening to Bolt proclaim the Liberal party need to go further to right and stop being so woke.

That'll win them elections.

when pigs fly evil laugh GIF

100% I rarely even smoke anymore (only a handful of times in the last 10 years) but the benefits so far outweigh the costs it is ridiculous it is still illegal. When even the US is legalising it you know keeping it illegal is a relic.

Legalise it, tax it, stop wasting money policing it and take the money out of organised crime. Win/win/win/win.
Legalisation will be like marriage equality without the stupid plebiscite. Something we'll inch agonisingly slowly towards before it happens and everyone wonders what the fuss was all about.

Legalisation will be like marriage equality without the stupid plebiscite. Something we'll inch agonisingly slowly towards before it happens and everyone wonders what the fuss was all about.
Dan is adamant he won't legalise it because "psychosis is a significant issue"

It seems to me that the really noticeable shift to the right in the Liberal Party started in 2018, when many MPs got the idea in their heads that only way to beat Bill Shorten was to replace the moderate Turnbull with the hard-right Dutton.

Nikki Savva quoted some anonymous source saying that if Dutton was the answer, it was a very strange question. That push failed, and Morrison pulled off victory in 2019. Fast forward three years and one pandemic later, and the party has fully embraced American culture wars and anti-science, and completely lost the centre ground. How many more election thumpings until they realise going further right is not the answer?
It started in 98 when Pauline Hanson showed the QLD LNP the road to domination in hicksville.
It got worse in 01 when Howard used the Afghan refugees on the Tampa to win Western Sydney.
Then when Abbott rolled Turnbull the inmates took over the asylum and then they started drinking the Kool-Aid as Tony Barry puts it.

I've enjoyed listening to Bolt proclaim the Liberal party need to go further to right and stop being so woke.

That'll win them elections.

when pigs fly evil laugh GIF

One can only hope Bolt the Dolt becomes so disillusioned with the current state of Australian Politics and goes back to the mother country (Netherlands)

The fact he is an migrant here himself makes his allegations of lying Stolen Generation Indigenous Australians all the more abhorrent and racist in my opinion

Jesus would be disgusted 🤢

You know what. They are right. The Liberals do need to be more conservative and embrace more "conservatives values". And they can do that by becoming a fringe party.

They don't represent the Victorian electorate anymore. They'd need a new more moderate party to form and make a 3-pact coalition to be able to get government again but they won't be the big player in it anymore.

Back