4th - Zach Guthrie - 87 votes
5th - Jeremy Cameron - 69 votes
6th - Mark Blicavs - 67 votes
7th - Brad Close - 66 votes
8th - Patrick Dangerfield - 62 votes
9th - Tom Hawkins - 59 votes
10th - Isaac Smith - 57 votes

How the voting works​

After each game, the senior and assistant coaches review and rate each players performance out of 10. Votes are polled in games where a players performance has been deemed of a high quality by the coaching group. All matches are counted towards their final total.

1st - Tom Stewart - 135 votes
2nd - Tom Atkins- 105 votes
3rd - Gryan Miers - 93 votes
On main board a few weeks back my prediction was:

1. Stewart
2. Miers
3. Atkins
4. Cameron
5. Dangerfield
6. Hawkins
7. Blicavs
8. Z.Guthrie
9. Holmes
10. Smith

Pretty good crack at it I think. Holmes out, Close in the big one and probably fair enough. The senior citizens (Dangerfield and Hawkins) definitely did better in coaches votes than BnF.

Well done to Z.Guthrie who I was harsh on early in the season (when he still polled solidly it seems?) but won me over as it went on.

Atkins was sensational in the back half of the year and warrants a place on the podium. Miers too - it was hard to split them in the end.

And of course to Stewart, whose comfortable victory was predictable based on his stellar season.

Z bang was very good ..👍

4th
Always going to be a player who's rated highly internally, but not so much by the wider public.

He's a quality player nowadays, just quietly plays his role week in, week out. Always had a touch of class, just needed to grow into his body.

Yet another example of why we shouldn't write kids off so early...but people keep doing it still to this day.

Z bang was very good ..👍

4th
The only one besides Stewart who offered genuine rebound and repelling a series of attacks this season.

I still think he has stuff to work on around defending and even on that rebounding work (decision making/execution can be a bit iffy), but this is good - he still has more upside to come.

Next year either Duncan moves to half back to add a third genuine rebounder, generating attacks from defence, or O'Connor does his best Tuohy impression (statistically Tuohy was our biggest decliner I think, and fair enough, he's old). We need three and felt the lack of that this season.

1st - Tom Stewart - 135 votes
2nd - Tom Atkins- 105 votes
3rd - Gryan Miers - 93 votes

Close above Hawkins is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad