Game Day 2023 Fantasy Round 24 Discussion - GRAND FINAL WEEK

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

9k after i sat near 30k before byes.

i had one bad week in the last month probably could of been 6-7k but not too fussed. had fun, didnt win but had fun. tex 164 and flanders 146vc memorable.

my cash league i commission tied in the gf, oliver owed 4 (as captain) which should get one of the lads the win. He lost by 1 point last year because of a Jack Steele masterclass.

Congrats to everyone on their season, can't wait for the preseason thread. Gulden M1, Daicos M2, Flanders F1, No LDU/Cerra/Anderson for me next year.

107th ;(, rip.
Ouch. I'd bury this season Lukebatty97
Wouldn't be many points in it. 1 captaincy, slight trade variations.
Only hat territory though.

I'd death ride the game if I was top 10 all year like some, and that's unhealthy.
Fantasy already has the tendency to ruin my love of the game to a small degree, by taking some focus off of the game itself.

107th ;(, rip.

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Final rank 7139

Didn't win any leagues as I was knocked out last week, but overall, still a good season.
Highest score and highest rank for me. Pretty good season considering I haven't played in 7 years.

Edit: Taranto and Oliver both had +2 added later on.

Last edited:
Final rank 7147

Didn't win any leagues as I was knocked out last week, but overall, still a good season.
Highest score and highest rank for me. Pretty good season considering I haven't played in 7 years.
Yeah rank 21k last year into 338 for me this year (first year actually listening to podcasts)

Hadn't played in 5+ years before last year.

Looking back....

Best starting pick: Bont...quite easily. This is the type of mid (bit underpriced and not top tier the previous year) where I usually bottle it....Cripps, Parker in years past. But Bont just consistently good all year, annoying early on but then piled it on

Worst starting pick: Hunt has to be up there for sheer frustration...came good when I traded him out. Dunks first 6 weeks were a disaster for that price. But ultimately it was Hackson Macrae. Only lasted the first 2 weeks in my team (thankfully) but I captained him both times somehow :drunk:

Best trade in: Probably English rd 7, even tho he gave me his first sub 100 on debut. Solid every week bar one mare and regular VC/C option. Notable mentions: Hobbs, Keays, Brouch through the byes and then late season pickups of Flanders (rd 20) and Hewett (rd 21) when I had no money

Worst trade in: Hack Steele for sure. Good lord he was s**t when I picked him off the bye. Had that one month redemption but then back to s**t to end the year. I never knew he could hurt me like that

Looking back....

Best starting pick: Bont...quite easily. This is the type of mid (bit underpriced and not top tier the previous year) where I usually bottle it....Cripps, Parker in years past. But Bont just consistently good all year, annoying early on but then piled it on

Worst starting pick: Hunt has to be up there for sheer frustration...came good when I traded him out. Dunks first 6 weeks were a disaster for that price. But ultimately it was Hackson Macrae. Only lasted the first 2 weeks in my team (thankfully) but I captained him both times somehow :drunk:

Best trade in: Probably English rd 7, even tho he gave me his first sub 100 on debut. Solid every week bar one mare and regular VC/C option. Notable mentions: Hobbs, Keays, Brouch through the byes and then late season pickups of Flanders (rd 20) and Hewett (rd 21) when I had no money

Worst trade in: Hack Steele for sure. Good lord he was s**t when I picked him off the bye. Had that one month redemption but then back to s**t to end the year. I never knew he could hurt me like that
Nice. I'll have a crack. It'll be cool to see how other people felt about their seasons as well.

Best starting pick - Dawson

D1/D2 choices were between Doc, Dawson and Sinclair and I landed with Doc and Dawson. Doc was injured but Dawson picked up where he left off and then got shifted to the middle after a month. Honourable mentions - Gulden, Green, Liam Henry.

Worst starting pick - Liam Jones

Got injured on 7 while Charlie Constable scored 80s. Honourable mentions - Hayden Young, Bailey Smith, Sam Docherty.

Best trade in - Bont

Enough said. Honourable mentions - Zak Butters, Jason Johannisen, Luke Jackson, Nick Daicos

Worst trade in - Samson Ryan

I panicked with the RoMa news that round and brought in Ryan, which complicated my structure and took a couple of weeks to unwind. Pretty sure I made little to no money from the five weeks I owned him. Honourable mentions - Tim English (timing), Touk Miller, James Sicily, Luke Ryan

Welp, ended up 16th (was 15th before a late change 1 hour after the game ended, wtf?).

Disappointing end considering I was in 5th spot for 5 weeks in a row and top 10 for 9 weeks in a row before the last 2 weeks.

But I took a swing trying to win the whole thing and it didn't pay off.

Thanks for being one of the reasons I got into SuperCoach and then Fantasy after that, good community here.

Looking back....

Will give this a go:

Best starting pick: Liam Stocker. This is was a massive swing for the fences, hail mary, 11th hour starting pick, and my god did it pay off. Held all the way until the byes and was one of my most unique picks ever. Dawson, Gulden and Tom Green the other honourable mentions, but nowhere near as unique.

Worst starting pick: Has to be Rory Laird. Came good throughout the season, but bloody hell was it a struggle early on and at points throughout the season. Honourable mentions to Luke McDonald and Tanner Bruhn who just weren't it, and got traded out Round 2 anyway. Xerri injured on 26 looked a good starting pick, so don't rate that as badly.

Best trade in: Kieren Briggs in Round 12. Carried me after Darcy went down, and performed WAY above expectations, to bridge the gap to English. Honourable mentions to Hunt and Zerrett.

Worst trade in: No contest, Touk Miller in Round 7. Already being tagged against North, he then goes and does his leg, and finishes on 49. Steele was a close second though, along with Greenwood, Yeo, Fiorini...yeah there were a lot. Oh and also the Will Day trade in the suspended/Worpel trade out week that defined my season - yeah that was delightful too, haha.

Last edited:
Looking back....

Best Starting Pick: Tim English. Didn't have to worry about my rucks all year.

Worst Starting Pick: Jack Macrae. Especially at M2, what a waste.

Best Trade in: Jordan Dawson in R5 when Docherty was out. Played it safe and had a locked in D1 for the year. Honourable mention to getting Will Day in at Round 3, as he ended up in my final side.

Worst trade in: Traded in LDU the week he was a last minute out, then proceeded to go at 90s for a couple of weeks before going out again. Actually ended up with him again later in the season, although he performed a little better then before getting injured again.

Nice. I'll have a crack. It'll be cool to see how other people felt about their seasons as well.

Best starting pick - Dawson

D1/D2 choices were between Doc, Dawson and Sinclair and I landed with Doc and Dawson. Doc was injured but Dawson picked up where he left off and then got shifted to the middle after a month. Honourable mentions - Gulden, Green, Liam Henry.

Worst starting pick - Liam Jones

Got injured on 7 while Charlie Constable scored 80s. Honourable mentions - Hayden Young, Bailey Smith, Sam Docherty.

Best trade in - Bont

Enough said. Honourable mentions - Zak Butters, Jason Johannisen, Luke Jackson, Nick Daicos

Worst trade in - Samson Ryan

I panicked with the RoMa news that round and brought in Ryan, which complicated my structure and took a couple of weeks to unwind. Pretty sure I made little to no money from the five weeks I owned him. Honourable mentions - Tim English (timing), Touk Miller, James Sicily, Luke Ryan
Best starting pick - Jayden Hunt

Just for how cheap he was and the scores he was putting up. Started at $379k, basically fattened rookie price and was giving me legit mid-pricer type scores.

Honourable mentions - Will Day, James Sicily, Bontempelli, Worpel

Worst starting pick - Tom Powell

My F5 to start the season, needed a mid-pricer and thought he would've got a more consistent inside mid role... didn't happen. Was able to trade him after round 3.

Honourable mention - Jack Macrae

Best trade in - Andrew Brayshaw (Round 8)

Think everyone around this time was looking at Jack Steele or Callum Mills, I went Brayshaw and he went on an absolute tear from here on after his slow start to the season. He gave me a 157 straight away and then only went sub-100 twice, brought him in at his lowest price for the year I believe.

Honourable mentions - Zach Merrett (R10), Jason Johannisen (R6), Serong/Sinclair/Neale all in round 13, Matt Rowell in round 2.

Worst trade in - Wil Powell (Round 9)

Only brought him in because my byes were looking very dodgy, especially the round 12 bye. Ended up trading him for round 12 because he was so bad and just copped the hit in that week, paid off in the end because I more than made it up in rounds 13-15 anyway.

Honourable mentions - Himmelberg (R18, biggest fraud going around imo) and moving on Marshall for Gawn because of absolute bullshit Ross Lyon said about him being injured, probably cost me top 10 from doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best starting pick - Jayden Hunt

Just for how cheap he was and the scores he was putting up. Started at $379k, basically fattened rookie price and was giving me legit mid-pricer type scores.

Honourable mentions - Will Day, James Sicily, Bontempelli, Worpel

My F5 to start the season, needed a mid-pricer and thought he would've got a more consistent inside mid role... didn't happen. Was able to trade him after round 3.

Honourable mention - Jack Macrae

Best trade in - Andrew Brayshaw (Round 8)

Think everyone around this time was looking at Jack Steele or Callum Mills, I went Brayshaw and he went on an absolute tear from here on after his slow start to the season. He gave me a 157 straight away and then only went sub-100 twice, brought him in at his lowest price for the year I believe.

Honourable mentions - Zach Merrett (R10), Jason Johannisen (R6), Serong/Sinclair/Neale all in round 13, Matt Rowell in round 2.

Worst trade in - Wil Powell (Round 9)

Only brought him in because my byes were looking very dodgy, especially the round 12 bye. Ended up trading him for round 12 because he was so bad and just copped the hit in that week, paid off in the end because I more than made it up in rounds 13-15 anyway.

Honourable mentions - Himmelberg (R18, biggest fraud going around imo) and moving on Marshall for Gawn because of absolute bullshit Ross Lyon said about him being injured, probably cost me top 10 from doing that.
Best starting pick - Bont/English

Pretty self explanatory

Defnitely this, didn't have alot of options but glad i traded him after 1 week.

Best trade in - Butters Round 6)

Got on him really early!

Worst trade in - Noah Anderson (Round 9)

Cost me a hat pretty much by himself :D.

Final Rank 34

Best starting pick - Hunt (HM: Sicily)

Worst starting pick - Xerri, Bytel and Jelly all got injured R1 - so probably one of them. Non-injury it was probably Macrae.

Best trade in - Ziebell R2, Stewart R5, Butters R6, Bont R7 - some good work got done early to recover from the injuries

Worst trade in - Doch R4 (injured that week) or Will Powell R9

2643, my highest for the year, thanks to Zerrett VC and trading in Tex. Improved rank to ~19k but a bit disappointing. Consolation final winner in Div 5 and looking forward to next year 🙂

Screen Shot 2023-08-29 at 4.52.32 pm.png

See !!! Tom Green i knew i wasn't over reacting!

The only redeeming feature of my season was that I recovered from a dreadful start to mildy respectable position. If I didn't trade in the last two rounds I would have been about 100 points better off too. Luxury trades are a curse.

View attachment 1789570
Nice. You'll be better next year I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back